If 11 million people follow other people because of a phone company then the world is full of 10 999 999 losers who can't think for themselves and 1 person who needs to grow up and get over it! Promised or not the company had multiple projects in the works and the playbook got left behind to roll out the amazing bb10 to the phones!!!!! How hard is that concept to understand? Grow up people stop being whiny sucks and armchair ceos and find better things bro do with your time. If your all so damn smart solve world hunger or something! Gheezz!

Posted via CB10
    Kindly let me know what company you operate, God forbid I should purchase service or product from you that I'm not satisfy with, I'll be told to grow up and stop whining and help solve the world hunger issue.
    playbook_swiper1 and Cynycl like this.
    07-12-13 08:08 AM
    At least one, me.
    07-12-13 08:14 AM
    ]I purchased and gave away 5 Playbooks based on Thors promise of BB10 Playbook update.
    BlackBerry should have kept their promise, but honestly ... anyone who makes purchases on the basis of a promise alone with any company should probably rethink this. Ask those who bought Kins, Zunes, Virtual Boys, Dreamcasts, Touchpads, Pippins, Newtons etc. Businesses are in the business of making money and they can and will drop products that are at risk of harming the company. Buy it for what it does today, not a promise of 'what it might do. Even if BlackBerry 10 came to the PlayBook, you couldn't, for example, guarantee that all the apps on BlackBerry 10 would be updated for the PlayBook with it.

I love my Z10. But the learning curve is substantial.
    I completely disagree. You make it sound like people need to read six manuals of command line commands in order to make it run. It *IS* different than what people may be currently using, but honestly ... I picked it up in about five minutes. And I really doubt there'd be a substantial difference between it and the other OSes if you took new smartphone buyers, stuck them on a desert island and asked them to figure it out.

Really ... it isn't that hard!! I certainly find it a lot easier than the Galaxy I tried.
    07-12-13 08:34 AM
    When even the best fed rats are jumping ship it is time to stop putting your money on that ship.
    You're assuming they're jumping vs. being made to walk the plank.
    07-12-13 09:23 AM
    I'll still be a customer with my two Z10's that I have already purchased, but they are losing three device sales from my family that are due for upgrade over the next two quarters. Going to be getting GS4's for the kids instead of Z10's, and they appear to be psyched about it, including the one who has a Z10 that I'll be swapping out with a GS4 and giving the Z10 to my wife. I think that their were many people that bought PlayBooks at fire sale pricing on the BB10 promise who weren't BlackBerry people that will probably never give the company a chance again based on comments I've seen on the forum. BB10 on the PlayBook could have been a Bridge (pun intended) to get those type of users on to BB10 phones, even if it wasn't full BB10, but we all know the BB10 can't Bridge well with the PlayBook anyways so.......

I don't think it will cost them many existing Z10/Q10 owners, because lets face it, it appears only die hards are buying them based on the shipped numbers, but I think it does hurt sales of potential future users and some upgrades like mine. I'm no longer going to buy the kids phones based on what I want them to have since I'm footing the bill, I'm going to get them what they want in that same price range and let them be happier than they would have been with being forced onto a platform. Extended family is fleeing BlackBerry too, my sister-in-law dumped her 9360 for a GS4, even though she had BBM contacts back in South Africa, and she seems way happier with her choice, and yes they have seen my Z10 and still decided to move away. My guess is that BlackBerry will be down to 50 million subscribers by January 2013, and will keep going down till it hits the core die hard fan base number. Too much bad juju associated with the name BlackBerry right now for any other outcome.
    nofiz likes this.
    07-12-13 10:24 AM
    Please, please, please update the title. It is *Lose, not loose. *sigh*
    07-12-13 10:31 AM
    You know, I understand that some people have decided to excise BB from their lives due to the playbook debacle...but it seems hard to justify this without sounding self-righteous.

FWIW, we are keeping our Z10s and our playbooks (though might get a new non-bb tablet as well), and would buy other BB things in future if they are good. I do feel like a bit of a tool though, after telling others that BB10 was coming to the PB.

As far as impacting BB, I suspect the only customers they'd lose over this are the ones posting it on CB. PB didn't sell well, and of the owners I doubt many even knew BB10 was coming - and of those, not all will be leaving BB because of it not coming.
    grover5 and Angus_CB like this.
    07-12-13 10:42 AM
    I'm not seeing it as a lie per say. It is how you treat your loyal customers.
    As an analogy, you go to a restaurant that you've been to many times and order a steak. The order is taking a long time because the restaurant is busy serving a large wedding party. The owner comes by and apologizes for the delay and said your steak is coming very soon and it will be perfect. Three hours later, you receive a burn hamburger patty instead of your steak which all went to the wedding party. What should the owner do to keep you as a loyal customer and protect the reputation of the restaurant?

Posted via CB10
    This is a poor analogy, as the owner will provide you with a fixed steak if you ask. He will likely discount your bill or offer a gift card for your next visit, or write off the bill. You aren't stuck with the burnt hamburger. And you WILL get your steak.
    07-12-13 10:43 AM
    This is a poor analogy, as the owner will provide you with a fixed steak if you ask. He will likely discount your bill or offer a gift card for your next visit, or write off the bill. You aren't stuck with the burnt hamburger. And you WILL get your steak.
    That's what sensible entrepreneurs do though.
    07-12-13 10:47 AM
    That's what sensible entrepreneurs do though.
    The word "Sensible" with reference to thor and bb?

Have you lost it completely cat?

Posted via CB10
    playbook_swiper1, FF22 and Cynycl like this.
    07-12-13 10:52 AM
    Aren't car manufacturers legislated to keep the parts available for 20 years, due to the longevity of car use. Outside of classic computer collectors, no one is still using their Commodore Amiga in 2013. :-)
    Actually, we do. I also use my Sega Game gear circa 1991, my Sega Master System circa 1986, so on and so forth. They are hooked up and good to go.

I don't expect them to be "updated", but I also think our society is way too wasteful and disposable. The hardware specs are fine and this tablet could last until the battery dies, longer if there is a way to replace the batt.

I do expect a finished product when promises were made. Yes, it functions well enough and does MOST of what I need it to do, but it is STILL half-baked.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-12-13 10:53 AM
    Actually, we do. I also use my Sega Game gear circa 1991, my Sega Master System circa 1986, so on and so forth. They are hooked up and good to go.
    Heh - me too! Master System is one of my favorite systems to collect for.
    playbook_swiper1 likes this.
    07-12-13 11:01 AM
    BlackBerry will lose exactly 243.7 customers!

Posted via CB10
    Cynycl likes this.
    07-12-13 01:30 PM
    BlackBerry will lose exactly 243.7 customers!

Posted via CB10
    So you round in England or are you counting your leprgnome self as the .7?
    07-12-13 03:06 PM
    Aren't car manufacturers legislated to keep the parts available for 20 years, due to the longevity of car use. Outside of classic computer collectors, no one is still using their Commodore Amiga in 2013. :-)
    So it is a matter of degree. Expected life of a 600 buck tablet is not 20 years but should be more than 2 years from inception for all examples. There are people asking questions in this forum who just bought one, ok at a discount, but they will expect it to connect to all services til the battery dies, like I said 2016 or later. That needs OS support. Only way out is if they go bust or get bought out.
    (Hmmm ok may happen.)
    07-12-13 03:14 PM
    New signature for me...
    07-12-13 03:19 PM
    Likely, you'll have different sized touch screens to choose from and your BB10 QNX phone will link with it, so your phone will become your portable data computing power. You'll also likely be able to purchase 3 of these screens (7, 10, 12, 14, 24, etc inch) for the current price of 1 tablet. Also, would no longer need to have a concern if whether an app will be made for the phone and the tablet, or if an OS update would come along for both devices. Only 1 device to rely on and keep up to date.
    07-12-13 03:22 PM
    I'm sure BB had already crunch the numbers to assess the risk of their decision on the Playbook.
    How many customers can BB expect loose because of the Playbook?-satisfied-customers-tell-three-friends-angry-customers-tell-3-000-9781400157310.jpg
    sad_old_man, FF22, vaatsaa and 1 others like this.
    07-12-13 03:38 PM
    The word "Sensible" with reference to thor and bb?

Have you lost it completely cat?

Posted via CB10
    I'll give him sensible but not entrepreneurship.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 05:17 PM
    I must have slept too long. What's happening here?
    07-12-13 06:04 PM
    Promised or not the company had multiple projects in the works and the playbook got left behind to roll out the amazing bb10 to the phones!!!!! How hard is that concept to understand?
    The promise was made as these amazing BB10 phones were being rolled out.
    Do you suppose Mr. Heins was unaware of this also?
    He does come across as someone who is misinformed about BlackBerry products.
    07-12-13 06:09 PM
    Well, I haven't bought any of the new phones yet so my bridge still works. Glad I waited 'cause that would have really pissed me off.

Someone at Blackberry is obviously reading this so,

Thor, read the posts above and rethink your strategy. Alienating your base is just stupid. Tell me it was just a joke that you are abandoning your own hardware and software so prematurely. Who does that?

Thank you.
    FF22 and Cynycl like this.
    07-12-13 07:07 PM
    Count me in and whoever i can convince (based on their half baked product and their lies about upgrading it later, i don't think it will be a hard job)
    07-12-13 07:28 PM
    when Blackberry formerly known as RIM doesnt care? why do you. the company has gone down the drain because of soddy leadership and management. soon soon there will be "OUT OF BUSINESS!" on the first line and "FOR SALE" on the second line. i stopped thinking about BS like blackberry and nokia and sco and many more. i care about those companies which continiously updates the software and firmware for their customers. they mean business.
    since it has shown complete disregard to its own customers. customers can toss it off the waste paper basket. this is just my opinion. internet if filled with free opnion but mine is for free, if you like it fine. else use the trash bin and dump it.
    thanks!
    -paul
    vaatsaa likes this.
    07-12-13 07:33 PM
    Well, I haven't bought any of the new phones yet so my bridge still works. Glad I waited 'cause that would have really pissed me off.

Someone at Blackberry is obviously reading this so,

Thor, read the posts above and rethink your strategy. Alienating your base is just stupid. Tell me it was just a joke that you are abandoning your own hardware and software so prematurely. Who does that?

Thank you.
    wanted to comment, nah never mind. the company is done for. if they HAD EARS they would have listened to YOU (general public), they are not just DEAF, they DON'T have EARS.
    unless you know TELEPATHY? its hopeless, heins uses a tin foil hat. so your brainwaves wont reach him. dump it.
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-12-13 07:39 PM
81 1234