I wonder how many customers BB is going to lose and can afford to lose as a result of no BB10 on the playbook?
    Base on the comments here at Crackberry and the unscientific poll on who will abandon BB, it is a safe conservative estimate to guess that 1 million playbook customers are very unhappy with the playbook situation. If each of those unhappy customer tells 10 people, BB stands to lose 11 million customers. Can BB really afford that?
    I'm sure BB had already crunch the numbers to assess the risk of their decision on the Playbook. The question is what mitigation strategy will they deploy to win back the 1 million customers in order to reduce the 11 million potential lost.
    Last edited by DigitalMadness; 07-11-13 at 06:05 PM.
    07-11-13 05:43 PM
    I don't know, I sure hope they can tighten them before it gets bad.
    07-11-13 05:44 PM
    I don't know, I sure hope they can tighten them before it gets bad.

Ffs its lose!!!
    07-11-13 05:55 PM
    Ffs its lose!!!
    I was wondering what a loose customer would look like. Never mind.

Sent from where I am.
    07-11-13 05:57 PM
    I think only the insecure will sell off their z or q because the PlayBook is not getting bb10.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 06:00 PM
    Ffs its lose!!!
    Thanks for your correction. We need more people like you on this forum.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 06:08 PM
    Ffs its lose!!!
    I thought my response indicated my understanding of this.
    07-11-13 06:08 PM
    I honestly can't say how many, but most likely BB will lose some of the customers who bought the PBs, based on Thor's stating all PBs will be getting the OS10. Like you stated,judging from the comments on here, there's a great deal more who are or had jumped ship. I'm holding out, like many others, in the slight hope there will be some kind of updates that will keep the PB relevant despite the fact it is 2 years old.

If customers jumps ship, it won't be just because of the PB, it'll be due to missteps, like the lack of constant updates for the PB, costly delays of the OS10 series of phones, bug(s) and lack of showing/advertising of said OS10 phones that have been plaguing the company for a while, which do erode the faith/confidence of many people with the exception of the most hardcore of fans.
    07-11-13 07:11 PM
    I think only the insecure will sell off their z or q because the PlayBook is not getting bb10.

Posted via CB10
    Really? This is about personal security issue? How about a business decision? If I'm not satisfy how I'm being treated as a customer by a company and I decide to end my business relationship with said company I am being insecure? Too bad, BB do not have lots of customers like you, otherwise the shares would not have sitting on a single digit today.
    07-11-13 07:21 PM
    My guess the only ones that might leave would be a few of those who bought the PB based on the promise. Most others have gotten (and are still enjoying) whatever they wanted the device for in the first place. Most people would never expect a device to get updates and be considered reverent after a certain point. Of course, there are always a few people that don't understand the expected lifespan of technology and might have planned to pass it on to the grandkids.

I feel like BB was trying to launch the PB in such a fast-changing market (for example: Kindle Fire) that they decided to push it out before it was full baked. Too bad, since it is a real work horse. It has sure changed the way I do business. I can't see myself in the future without some kind of tablet. Hope it is a BB.
    seluje and Revampd like this.
    07-11-13 07:28 PM
    Ffs its lose!!!
    It's also "it's"...

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 07:32 PM
    Thor felt that the losses were acceptable and the colateral damage would not have much of an impact on the bottom line as based on his projections at the AGM.
    07-11-13 07:32 PM
    I'm in the very unhappy camp. Even with the short comings of the playbook, I have been actively promoting the playbook for the past two years which resulted in 20 direct playbook sales. I have also kept the playbook alive in the provincial government.
    I purchased my z10 last month and was happily promoting it until a week ago.
    Now I'm sitting on the fence waiting for bb's next move.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 08:33 PM
    My guess the only ones that might leave would be a few of those who bought the PB based on the promise. Most others have gotten (and are still enjoying) whatever they wanted the device for in the first place. Most people would never expect a device to get updates and be considered reverent after a certain point. Of course, there are always a few people that don't understand the expected lifespan of technology and might have planned to pass it on to the grandkids.

I feel like BB was trying to launch the PB in such a fast-changing market (for example: Kindle Fire) that they decided to push it out before it was full baked. Too bad, since it is a real work horse. It has sure changed the way I do business. I can't see myself in the future without some kind of tablet. Hope it is a BB.
    I did buy it with the expectation of THE BRIDGE function. I certainly would have expected that functionality to be continued with the new bb10 devices. No, that is now a crippled version of its former self.
    Revampd likes this.
    07-11-13 09:01 PM
    You can count me as one
    07-11-13 09:05 PM
    I'm in the very unhappy camp. Even with the short comings of the playbook, I have been actively promoting the playbook for the past two years which resulted in 20 direct playbook sales. I have also kept the playbook alive in the provincial government.
    I purchased my z10 last month and was happily promoting it until a week ago.
    Now I'm sitting on the fence waiting for bb's next move.

Posted via CB10
    Me too, I am keeping my mouth shut these days regarding BB products. Thor might not care about his reputation, I have to live with my families, friends and co workers.
    07-11-13 09:14 PM
    Me too, I am keeping my mouth shut these days regarding BB products. Thor might not care about his reputation, I have to live with my families, friends and co workers.
    I was always that way with the PB. While I liked mine, I understood and/or seethed at its limitations. I would not recommend to others who asked me about it. No way. I had no problems recommending the 9930. Now they are both OLD tech.
    07-11-13 10:16 PM
    I was a BlackBerry fan for years, always telling people "it's great, just try it". To me it's about lies. They lie all the time, about everything. My Q10 will be my last BlackBerry device.

Posted via CB10
    victorshikhman and bodjor like this.
    07-11-13 10:22 PM
    None

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    07-11-13 10:49 PM
    I was always that way with the PB. While I liked mine, I understood and/or seethed at its limitations. I would not recommend to others who asked me about it. No way. I had no problems recommending the 9930. Now they are both OLD tech.
    They are both 24 to 30 months old...what did you expect?

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 10:52 PM
    I'm not seeing it as a lie per say. It is how you treat your loyal customers.
    As an analogy, you go to a restaurant that you've been to many times and order a steak. The order is taking a long time because the restaurant is busy serving a large wedding party. The owner comes by and apologizes for the delay and said your steak is coming very soon and it will be perfect. Three hours later, you receive a burn hamburger patty instead of your steak which all went to the wedding party. What should the owner do to keep you as a loyal customer and protect the reputation of the restaurant?

Posted via CB10
    victorshikhman and AWB70 like this.
    07-11-13 10:54 PM
    They are both 24 to 30 months old...what did you expect?

Posted via CB10
    Time passed is irrelevant to whether or not a product should receive support. iPad was released on March 25, 2011 while the PlayBook was released on April 19, 2011. Apple decided to release iOS 7 for iPad even though it is quite old, and BlackBerry cannot even pull its act together to fix some highly visible bugs on the PlayBook.

I don't think the management team really thought this through. They have killed off word-of-mouth advertising, and made it difficult for even the best sales-person to promote BB products - similar to a car sales-person working at a GM/Chrysler dealership around the automakers' collapse. I honestly find it difficult to believe that the management knew NOTHING about this long ago.
    FF22, victorshikhman and Revampd like this.
    07-11-13 11:20 PM
    I'm one and with me BB will loose the sale of 3 new devices right away. I was the last hold out at work having a company issued 9900 when upgrade time comes I will be going DROID. Same with me and my wife's personal phones, the contract is up in 4 months was going to go with BB10 but not anymore. BB handled this terribly, they should have delayed the anoucment unfilled they had some updates for the browser, email, bridge, android run time ect. Things that need a tweek or 2, and then come out and say we're sorry it doesn't work but we have addressed some other issues that PB owners have been complaining about with more to come. Now we have been lied to and feels like we PB owners have been thrown to the curb, so I will be putting my money elsewhere.
    07-11-13 11:26 PM
    I was wondering what a loose customer would look like. Never mind.

Sent from where I am.
    Answer: sad_old_man at the local bar after wheeling his portable tablet and HDTV to the drinking hole.
    07-11-13 11:42 PM
    Really? This is about personal security issue? How about a business decision? If I'm not satisfy how I'm being treated as a customer by a company and I decide to end my business relationship with said company I am being insecure? Too bad, BB do not have lots of customers like you, otherwise the shares would not have sitting on a single digit today.
    Added link to reliable news source about the share price drop.
    07-11-13 11:50 PM
81 123 ...