Is there a way for me to create Network Profiles on the PB without first being connected to that network?

To be honest, Iím a bit disappointed with the PB network capabilities. I like the network tools that BBOS has. I understand that itís a new OS, but I hope they soon increase itís capabilitiesÖ..I have heard rumours that they have been working on the PBís network capabilities with OS2.0...hope they are true.
    02-09-12 04:27 PM
    Yes, you can create a profile without being connected. WIFI does need to be turned ON though.

Turn it on, and then hit the CONNECT MANUALLY button. Easy as pie.
    02-09-12 04:38 PM
    Yes, you can create a profile without being connected. WIFI does need to be turned ON though.

Turn it on, and then hit the CONNECT MANUALLY button. Easy as pie.
    Yea that works if you want to specify an IP or DNS ect. But if I want to create & save various profiles for other locations that doesn't work.

Also I want to be able to name my profiles, Home, Work, Starbucks ect.

& lastly it would be nice (but not a big deal) to be able to setup network profile priority too....Not a big deal but can be useful. I work at an airport (well fly out of) when around the airport we can use the airport network, but once I get to our offices, we have our own private Faster network. My BB is set to auto disconnect from network A when network B is in range, and only go back to network A once it looses network B.
    02-09-12 05:09 PM
    Yea that works if you want to specify an IP or DNS ect. But if I want to create & save various profiles for other locations that doesn't work.

Also I want to be able to name my profiles, Home, Work, Starbucks ect.

& lastly it would be nice (but not a big deal) to be able to setup network profile priority too....Not a big deal but can be useful. I work at an airport (well fly out of) when around the airport we can use the airport network, but once I get to our offices, we have our own private Faster network. My BB is set to auto disconnect from network A when network B is in range, and only go back to network A once it looses network B.
    You don't enter the IP, leave the "Automatically obtain IP Address" enabled. Just the SSID is required and you can save and rename the profile afterward, unless you meant the SSID requirement which you will need to know. You can then check the "Prompt me when a saved profile is nearby" option.
    02-09-12 05:56 PM
    Hit enough buttons, dig deep enough you'll find something that fits your needs.

You can only hit so many buttons and still not find what you need.

If anything the only thing that you would like that the PlayBook does not have yet is network priority settings.
    02-09-12 06:48 PM
    You can change the order.

Go into WiFi settings and select Saved Networks. Tap and hold on the network you want to move until the upper and lower borders show a grey band then simply slide up to the position you want.

You can't create "profiles". You need to enter the SSID of the network you want. However, I have many hotel networks as well as our corporate one. I connect to them without any action required other than to accept any TOS.
    02-09-12 09:33 PM
    hmm strange. When I tried to setup networks that were not active, it gave me errors. I will try again.
    (trying to set up: linksys,dlink,netgear,default,wireless

Tried again. This time I was able to save them Not sure why it didn't work B4...Thanks guys
    02-10-12 11:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD