Hello,

I would like to know if it's possible to manage some restrictions on a BB Playbook, since our company wants to buy some to use them for supply management of the warehouse.

So this would mean that workers will use them to scan the goods in and out.

The main concern is that there would be no possibility left open to abuse the working time to have some fun with some games on it or so.

Also since the supply management program works on the internet is there a possibility to block acces to other sites?

I'm really a noob in the BB world of the playbook.

Hope it's possible since we find that price and quality are looking very good.

Thx a lot!

Grtz,

H
    02-27-12 09:04 AM
    The PB is designed for single user only off the shelf. Unless their is an application available I am not aware of, I don't see how you could do it.
    02-27-12 09:09 AM
    I have not explored it but my new router (linksys e3200) has Parental settings where I think you can block sites and/or times.
    02-27-12 10:07 AM
    Thx guys.

Will have a look at the linksys, seems fair to give it a try.

Do you guys know if it's possible to delete for example all apps and only operate it with it's browser?

Or are there fixed apps you can't delete?

Thx.

Grtz,

H
    02-27-12 11:45 AM
    I don't believe you can delete any of the preloaded apps.
    When you touch and hold them (until they're blinking), they do not have a trash can attached.
    02-27-12 11:48 AM
    I'm not sure about 2.0, but if you removed factory apps from the pb, they'd be reinstalled again in an update. Someone else may be able to comment.
    02-27-12 11:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD