02-06-13 04:17 PM
32 12
tools
    The water's cold.....

and deep too!!

(mine is 6ft)
    02-05-13 05:14 PM
    Not all HDMI cables are the same (like USB) there are the odd few hiccups even though the connection is same...
    02-05-13 08:23 PM
    15 feet from Monoprice......perfect distance from the couch....don't settle for anything less!!!!!!!!
    02-05-13 08:40 PM
    I have a standard 6' hdmi cable that I leave plugged into my TV that I use to connect my laptop. I bought a 12' micro to standard hdmi and a female to female coupler to connect the 2 cables to get 17' total. Great for family "Game of Life" games as we pass around the PB to spin and watch it all in 50" HD.
    02-05-13 08:47 PM
    Not all HDMI cables are the same (like USB) there are the odd few hiccups even though the connection is same...
    Could you explain what to look for, for a cable to be compatible with the Playbook, please?

I have a 3 ft cable that works well. I also have a longer cable, standard hdmi both ends, got a connecting piece but this won't work. I've tried it with a friend's Playbook on their TV and it just won't work. Obviously it could be the connector.

So, it would be very helpful to know what actually to look for re a cable

Thanks
    02-06-13 04:22 AM
    Most likely just bad connection or seating between the two I'd try it (adapter) with a next HDMI cable if you can just to be sure but re my statement. Any cable made in 2012 and later or HDMI 1.4 or higher same for adapter.
    02-06-13 03:34 PM
    Most likely just bad connection or seating between the two I'd try it (adapter) with a next HDMI cable if you can just to be sure but re my statement. Any cable made in 2012 and later or HDMI 1.4 or higher same for adapter.
    Umm ... I tried the adaptor with two different leads and on three different Playbooks on nephew's TV, both leads and two Playbooks on two of my TV's so I think it must be the adaptor.

I know both hdmi leads work with other devices and, having bought a micro hdmi/hdmi lead, know the Playbooks all work on all the Tv's.

The adaptor was only cheap from ebay so little loss, and always a bit of a gamble! Also, with the adaptor fitted, it definately dragged on the port, wobbled about a lot because of the weight so I don't think it would be sensible to use the adaptor anyway unless for an 'emergency'! And then, with very careful holding and support.

Anyway, thanks for trying. The lead I've now got is brilliant so no worries.

Cheers
    02-06-13 04:17 PM
32 12