with the waited goodies? i dont want to list the most important items people want but how long before you get fed up with it?

personally, 1 year from time of release for me is a good enough period to judge a company as they would have had enough time to work on core issues.

we are 1 quarter through from the time of the release and we have seen some improvements (to some it was significant to others not so much) although i believe the initial period is the most difficult and will be the slowest for the developers to come up with things until they are provided with the tools.

3 quarters left to make it a shiny product i think is a good period.
    once the initial problems are sorted out in the first half from release, i believe we will see alot more and quicker additions and improvements in the 2nd half (like TAT products and heavy apps).

do people have enough patience for that? its always a struggle with a new product initially.
    07-13-11 03:21 AM
    From the release date in the US, perhaps they feel it is a long time for PB to get its perfection. But honestly, PB just will be available later this month in my Country (already announced, not yet available), and last month in another country (UK, Australia, etc).
    What's bad is for the early adopters in US/North America. I got my PB when I was in BBWC And I can feel what they felt too.
    For now, I'm going to wait as long as possible. I already got what I want with this PB, and the upcoming features (which are actually should be a must launched at first) will be welcomed greatly.
    dadymon likes this.
    07-13-11 04:49 AM
    I will admit that I vacillate - one day it's fine, the next or a day later I'm out of patience.

Where's my bluetooth headphone support. Why can't I copy/paste cells in the sheet. Why can't I organize/rename/deal-with bookmarks. Why can't portrait photos show in portrait. Why can't email be zoomed. Why can't I reasonably find a newly taken photo to attach to an email and not wade through 1,000's ....

And as soon as some see this thread, expect to be attacked, at least, somewhat.
    Last edited by F2; 07-13-11 at 09:37 AM.
    07-13-11 09:10 AM
    I'm going to give them till the Christmas holidays to get their act together. If not, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 here I come!
    DrRambone likes this.
    07-13-11 09:28 AM
    how long would you give PB to "come up"

As opposed to "go down"? That's about all it can't do but I'm sure someone will invent an accessory that uses the microusb port...
    07-13-11 09:32 AM
    Considering how much I've spent on the Playbook, I would say that I am in it for the long haul. So I will wait.

But, in all honesty, the longer we wait, the more hesitant I am to recommend the Playbook to anyone else as I am unsure that RIM's can actually deliver on the Playbook. And if we are at the same stage with the Playbook a year from now whereby we are still waiting for even the most basic of features to be added to the OS, then when its time to upgrade to a new tablet, I will not consider a new Playbook.
    DrRambone likes this.
    07-13-11 09:43 AM
    I am up for a new phone in November. As of now, it will in no way be a RIM device. As well as the rest of my business cell phones.

I just hate the apple devices. I do not like being controlled.
    07-13-11 09:58 AM
    well, for me I' m willing to wait until Apple or other Android manufacturers release tablet better than playbook hardware specifications... I know there are already in 10" tablets but I'm waiting for 7" tablet... I want the portability of a 7" tablet... I believe this should be one advantage of tablet from conventional laptop... 10" tablets are really ridiculous especially for taking photos and videos...
    07-13-11 10:16 AM
    well, for me I' m willing to wait until Apple or other Android manufacturers release tablet better than playbook hardware specifications... I know there are already in 10" tablets but I'm waiting for 7" tablet... I want the portability of a 7" tablet... I believe this should be one advantage of tablet from conventional laptop... 10" tablets are really ridiculous especially for taking photos and videos...
    Same here, I love the smaller form factor but there are times when I'd like a slightly bigger tab, which is why i'd go for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.1 which is in the middle of the 7 and 10" tablets. The portability of a smaller form factor with like we have with the PB but the awesomeness of the Android Market and a camera (on the picture taking side) that isn't a POS and has LED flash!
    07-13-11 10:27 AM
    But, in all honesty, the longer we wait, the more hesitant I am to recommend the Playbook to anyone else as I am unsure that RIM's can actually deliver on the Playbook. .
    That's exactly where I am. Unfortunate since word-of-mouth is a powerful marketing tool. I was just on vacation with a bunch of hiking-tech-nerds. They were all very curious but I had a real hard time recommending the pb. I explained that I liked it and coupled with my bb phone, it was pretty good but that it really was unfinished with no promise that it will ever be finished. I'm not buying into the rim - it will come mindset of some here. I don't believe rim hears its customers or, put another way, there are so many different issues, some minor some not, that many of them will never be addressed. I'm not a big spreadsheet user but I can't explain why I am so irked by the absence of copy/paste of cells for my daily activity sheet. Don't get me started on bookmarks. Like I said, small things, but where are they or why aren't they there!!!
    Last edited by F2; 07-13-11 at 11:26 AM.
    07-13-11 11:21 AM
    I'm thinking end of calendar year. All or most of the things I'm looking for should be there. Any longer is just not excusable in my opinion.

When the product comes out in late April, the window was around 60-ish days for the native email... and they were SHOWING android apps running and native email ... demoing it right in front of our eyes ... yeah an ADDITIONAL 6 MONTHS after that 60 day window is more than enough time for me (and the rest of you) to "be patient".

I don't expect EVERY dream app to be there. But I want the native email, calendar ... The android player? Frankly I don't want it. I'd prefer it if we just got some good QNX versions of our favorite apps. I'm trying to get AWAY from android. I didn't jump back to BBerry to play android games on it. I want the native core utilities. And apps like twitter, linked in, pandora, netflix ... should be there or REALLY ACTUALLY TRULY LEGITIMATELY on the way.
    07-14-11 12:09 AM
    I give it 10 more days, if no update i send it back.
    07-14-11 03:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD