I sent my Playbook in for repair due to a dead pixel and dust under the screen. They received it right away, and it was confirmed that the repair process started on January 17th. Does it usually take this long? How do they even fix a dead pixel?

If anyone else has experience with sending it in for repair, how long did yours take? I'd like to have mine back just in time for the new firmware!
    01-25-12 04:08 PM
    Let me know how u do. I just sent mine in today. One dead speaker.
    01-25-12 04:42 PM
    They will most probably replace the display. The turnaround is usually pretty fast if you are within the 90 days of the expert call service. They should overnight you your PB once it's fixed.
    01-25-12 04:46 PM
    They are pretty fast, I sent mine in over the holidays and although i don't remember the specifics i remember i wasnt expecting the fedex guy when he showed up. Just a thought has anyone received a report from RIM stating what was actually done to repair the unit? Interested in knowing.
    01-25-12 04:53 PM
    Sent mine out on Friday. Getting it back tomorrow morning (6 days), but allow up to 10. :-)
    01-25-12 07:22 PM
    I had dead pixel and bulge on my playbook when i got it sent it off were i bought it they said 1 week ill get it back 3 weeks later RIM says i need new playbook i got the second on and it has a bulge at the back so i was like screw it i cant wait 3 more weeks so now i dont mind the bulge.
    (So i waited for 3 weeks but it probly varies between the how many products go for fixeing)
    01-25-12 07:33 PM
    My Playbook had some stuck pixels. According to the tracking information it was deliverd to the repair service on Monday and I already got it back the very next day.
    01-26-12 01:18 AM
    from the day i sent mines out, it took 10 days exactly including weekends. i had a cracked screen after dropping it, to my surprise they just fixed my device and sent it back however they gave me a new housing and they also RAISED my power button (its now about the height of the volume buttons) two thumbs up to RIM's support team to fixing some known problems.
    01-26-12 02:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD