So while watching Hulu on my PC I get to watch all these great commercials about my playbook even though the playbook cant play Hulu. Grrr
    lophreaque likes this.
    08-16-11 12:01 PM
    That's funny - almost as funny as the Google Chrome ads I see popping up in this playbook forum, even though PlayBook doesn't have a chrome browser. Nothing like targeting your advertising...

Is this worthy of a new thread though? Welcome to Crackberry.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 08-16-11 at 12:16 PM.
    08-16-11 12:14 PM
    This is a Hulu issue not a PlayBook issue. Hulu intentionally blocks the PB from viewing videos on their site.
    08-16-11 12:25 PM
    What irritates me are poorly titled threads like this one (which was originally titled just "How irritating" but thankfully now has "(Hulu)" added to it by some kind soul.)
    Last edited by peter9477; 08-16-11 at 09:58 PM. Reason: catch up with change in thread title
    08-16-11 01:14 PM
    Is there an official reason, or unofficial for that matter, why Hulu blocks the PB from viewing it?
    08-16-11 03:31 PM
    Hulu has a history of blocking mobile devices period and they're trying to sell Hulu Plus.
    08-16-11 03:57 PM
    It's irritating that they are blocking the PB browser yet not offering us a Hulu+ solution.

I understand its their business model to try and charge for non-PC access, but its ridiculous when they aren't offering a paid option. I guess they don't want to give it for free and then have to try and charge for it later.
    08-16-11 04:27 PM
    Problem is they are slow about rolling out Hulu Plus services on various platforms, yet block free Hulu preemptively.

But tbh, I wouldn't opt for Hulu Plus anyhow, so for me it doesn't really matter...
    08-16-11 06:03 PM
    Netflix... please... Hulu would be cool too.
    08-16-11 06:16 PM
    Hulu can kiss my a$$. Intentionally blocking something that we know works and not have this BS Hulu plus app shows what kind of company they are. Sorry but I'll choose to give my money to companies who want my business. I don't go to Hulu anyway, went there a few times when it first came out for Family Guy content, but that's on Netflix now anyway.
    08-16-11 07:57 PM
    You guys are all throwing a fit at hulu as if you know the situation. Its clear you do not. It all it tied to streaming rights and hulu has limited rights to stream off pc. Hulu has to block access or it'll get itself a fine lawsuit to deal with or content owners will not deal with them.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have some exclusivity deals either.
    08-16-11 11:46 PM
    So they need to get their act in gear, pay for the rights they need AND build us an app. It's still in their lap, our irritation is not misdirected....
    08-17-11 12:00 AM
    So they need to get their act in gear, pay for the rights they need AND build us an app. It's still in their lap, our irritation is not misdirected....
    People are this forum love to whine... seriously. Whether its misdirected or not, there is no reason to throw fits. All you crybabies do is demand and want and "need". And as far as this thread is gonna go, being nowhere, I'd say its quite misdirected.

Besides, you can't just throw money at a problem and expect to get results. If they have an exclusivity deal with apple or if RIM isn't stepping up to the plate you'd get the same result. Stop acting like you're on a platform anybody gives a half about.
    08-17-11 12:06 AM
    You're much more worked up than most of the posters in this thread. We're not crying, just discussing the issue and then you started calling people names and claiming "we don't know". And after claiming you're the only one who's got the "facts", you start talking about Apple exclusivity... That's not who they have to get their streaming rights from. It's the media companies that own the content and yes, throwing money at it WOULD solve the problem. It's all about the money...
    08-17-11 12:21 AM
    You guys are all throwing a fit at hulu as if you know the situation. Its clear you do not. It all it tied to streaming rights and hulu has limited rights to stream off pc. Hulu has to block access or it'll get itself a fine lawsuit to deal with or content owners will not deal with them.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have some exclusivity deals either.
    Fine if this is the case then again they have created their own dilemma with poorly written contracts and exclusive deals for devices that I choose not to own and not supporting devices that I do own. So they don't want my business now, and I won't give it to them in the future when/if they decide to support the Playbook. Simple. I'd much prefer Netflix to Hulu anyway.
    08-17-11 08:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD