05-10-16 07:05 AM
149 ... 456
tools
    Nokia Memories

Only reason to do that.
    09-30-13 12:52 AM
    how about this tutorial?
    the blog is back in oct 2012 ... is the steps in this thread more updated??

http://www.dev-f0go.com/2012/10/port...-playbook.html
    10-24-13 10:39 AM
    amigo perdn por no comentar en ingles. a mi tambin me paso lo mismo, me di a la tarea de desarmar mi playbook (es fcil en Internet hay buenos tutoriales). despus de desarmarla desconecte la batera por 10 minutos luego volv a encender mi playbook esta entro al sistema. como creo que se haba solucionado todo la reinicie y ese fue el gran error por que volvi a presentar lo mismo del comienzo asi que volv a desconectar la batera pero al iniciar el sistema la pantalla me quedo en blanco al presionar en la parte de arriba donde se ubica el engrane de configuracin en la pantalla de la playbook me aparecio las configuraciones del playbook le realice un restaurado de fabrica pero no tuve resultados positivos al desconectar por milecima vez la bateria y conectar la playbook al computador y abrir el desktop manager (aplicando la solucion que consulte en este foro) me daba la opcion de actualizar el software pero al buscarlo me decia que no habia actualizacion disponible.
    cansado me fui a dormir y al dia siguiente volvi a desconectar la bateria luego la reconecte y conecte la playbook al pc para hacer la actualizacion con el DM, pero seguia teniendo los mismos resultados pero oh sorpresa al 6 intento de actualizacion con el DM este me encontro la version 2.1de software del playbook y estoy aun en ese proceso se tarda una hora.

espero esto le sirva de algo para que reviva la playbook es buen dispositivo: D
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    11-27-13 11:26 AM
    amigo perdn por no comentar en ingles. a mi tambin me paso lo mismo, me di a la tarea de desarmar mi playbook (es fcil en Internet hay buenos tutoriales). despus de desarmarla desconecte la batera por 10 minutos luego volv a encender mi playbook esta entro al sistema. como creo que se haba solucionado todo la reinicie y ese fue el gran error por que volvi a presentar lo mismo del comienzo asi que volv a desconectar la batera pero al iniciar el sistema la pantalla me quedo en blanco al presionar en la parte de arriba donde se ubica el engrane de configuracin en la pantalla de la playbook me aparecio las configuraciones del playbook le realice un restaurado de fabrica pero no tuve resultados positivos al desconectar por milecima vez la bateria y conectar la playbook al computador y abrir el desktop manager (aplicando la solucion que consulte en este foro) me daba la opcion de actualizar el software pero al buscarlo me decia que no habia actualizacion disponible.
    cansado me fui a dormir y al dia siguiente volvi a desconectar la bateria luego la reconecte y conecte la playbook al pc para hacer la actualizacion con el DM, pero seguia teniendo los mismos resultados pero oh sorpresa al 6 intento de actualizacion con el DM este me encontro la version 2.1de software del playbook y estoy aun en ese proceso se tarda una hora.

espero esto le sirva de algo para que reviva la playbook es buen dispositivo: D
    Google translate says it says....

Friend sorry for not commenting in English . me too same thing happened to me , I gave myself the task of disarming my playbook ( easy on the Internet there are good tutorials ) . disarm after disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes then went back on my playbook this delivery system . as I believe it had solved all the restart and that was the big mistake that reintroduced the very start so I returned to disconnect the battery but after reboot the screen went blank when I press on the top where the gear configuration is located in the playbook screen configurations me appeared playbook will perform a factory refurbished but had no positive results milecima time disconnect the battery and connect the playbook to the computer and open desktop manager (applying solution that query on this forum) gave me the option to upgrade the software to look for me but said there was no update available.
    tired I went to sleep and the next day I returned to disconnect then reconnect the battery and connect the playbook to pc to make the upgrade to the DM , but was still having the same results but oh surprise to 6 attempt to upgrade with this DM me 2.1of find the software version of the playbook and I'm still in that process takes about an hour .

I hope this will be of some to revive the playbook is good device : D
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    11-27-13 11:34 AM
    gracias Camilo G...
    11-27-13 11:46 AM
    PLEASE is there any way to go back to official playbook LTE original OS*** please help help me I have a big problem plz show how to do thanks
    01-16-14 11:04 AM
    Is there any more up to date developments ? Also if I install bb10 can I downgrade to firmware that can be rooted since the 2.1.1753 does not allow rooting?
    02-03-14 11:53 AM
    Forget about installing a worthless OS on your playbooks and be satisfied with what you have or move on.
    Uzi and maclancer like this.
    02-03-14 12:06 PM
    What a piece of worthless advice 'be satisfied with what you have or move on' Well let me say I am thoroughly disappointed with the playbook. It would be ok if they let android aps and let us root the device. I have never put in as many password, id's etc as the blackberry. Man they are obsessed with security. Give us the machine and let us do what we like with it. Oh let us put another operating system on it, say linux. If we were all satisfied with what we have we would not get very far.
    02-03-14 06:22 PM
    What a piece of worthless advice 'be satisfied with what you have or move on' Well let me say I am thoroughly disappointed with the playbook. It would be ok if they let android aps and let us root the device. I have never put in as many password, id's etc as the blackberry. Man they are obsessed with security. Give us the machine and let us do what we like with it. Oh let us put another operating system on it, say linux. If we were all satisfied with what we have we would not get very far.
    I understood your point but you need to understand that is how blackberry work and we can't force then to re-Engineer how the playbook work to allow us to install another OS. Trust me, I will be the first one in line to do it. But the playbook is different and we need to move on, there are hundreds of different tablets out there with better choices and faster than the playbook. You can't be stuck in a device than is basically dead.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-03-14 07:21 PM
    Well I did try the B10 following the instructions in this thread. Installed no problem. However the date and battery issues were too much for me. Also didn't like the untidiness of the settings tab as well as remaining shortcuts from older 2.1.0.1753 os.
    I tried dingleberry to revert back to an os which could be rooted 2.0.0.6149 from bb10 but could not and dingleberry 3 could not root bb10.
    When running desktop manager trying to repair system to get back to 2.1.0.1973 os my connection or whatever stalled halfway. I don't know but it could have been BB server being down, one never knows. Anyway it resulted in the tablet being bricked, nuked as they say. I would not get past gastly warning the Dev had ended and to contact BB. How nice of them to warn me. Rebooted, rebooted but could not get past this message. Several times I tried the desktop software procedure to no avail getting as far as 'can't find update' and my laptop warning dings that the connection to the tablet was disconnecting andconnecting again. I spent hours trying this metod thinking maybe BB server was down but after a day I gave up. I then emailed BB but as 3 days later I have not heard from them.
    I then trawled the web to see if there was any other method to recover the playbook. I did not have far to go because I got all info at Crackberry. There were a number of threads one of which was just do a search for cfp. This was the procedure that got me back up and running. While trying this I first tried to to install 2.0.0.6149 one which can be rooted. It seemed to install according to cfp info but the tablet would not boot and remained on a red light with black screen. I found out that it was probably the 2.1.0.1753 os my original firmware which apparently can't be rooted. I then downloaded a 2.1.0.1753.exe file, offhand I can't remember from where I got it but again it was thru Crackberry. This worked with a hitch. I did cfp nuke, cfp wipe and the 2.1.0.1753.exe. Up and running again and I am still waiting to hear from BB.
    I suppose all you clever programmers don't have the time to tinker any more with the playbook since production has long stopped. If there are let me know and I could tinker too.
    02-07-14 02:27 AM
    What a piece of worthless advice 'be satisfied with what you have or move on' Well let me say I am thoroughly disappointed with the playbook. It would be ok if they let android aps and let us root the device...Man they are obsessed with security. Give us the machine and let us do what we like with it.
    Blackberry is obsessed with security. This is at its heart a corporate tablet and cell phone system adopted by consumers. Android is a consumer tablet and cell phone system designed to harvest information on individuals.

That is why when I installed an app on the droid tablet I had it told me what information it was going to harvest and when I install one on the playbook it asks me which information I am willing to share.

If you want a rootable tablet to run droid apps, you need a droid tablet.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9330
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-07-14 10:54 PM
    Blackberry is obsessed with security. This is at its heart a corporate tablet and cell phone system adopted by consumers
    WAS... Removing BIS and whoring out BBM cross platform are security risks.
    02-08-14 02:06 AM
    nothing new to this OS?
    04-03-14 08:52 PM
    Why anyone wants to even try is beyond me. You end up with a less functional tablet than you have just leaving it stock.
    04-04-14 06:50 AM
    Has anyone tried this method with the latest OS 10.3 SDK?

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 10:55 PM
    While Bla1ze did find files for the playbooks screen size & resolution its not very likely that it will work due to blackberry locking it down. Even if it wasn't locked down its very unlikely that the hardware drivers were in the os and no one saw them. I would offer to try for you but it would very likely perma-brick my playbook :P

If anyone knows better please feel free to make me look dumb lol i'd love to try
    05-30-14 11:42 PM
    So this version of BB10 OS is as far as they got for the PlayBook?

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 01:40 PM
    I believe so but even if it isn't good luck finding a newer version because BlackBerry sure won't give it to you :P
    05-31-14 05:28 PM
    Maybe if we ask nicely!

Posted via CB10
    Pittsburghkid1967 likes this.
    05-31-14 08:14 PM
    Lol, be my guest... I wish my PlayBook would run 10.3 :'(
    05-31-14 08:41 PM
    I tried just for you! (why? Because i'm nice ) The Stl-100-1 autoloader finishes uploading ram image and then force quits however it leaves the playbook intact meaning no reading/writing occured. Beacuse of the lack of os writing i don't see any workaround. having said that a non-destructive load through sachesi might give different results (but probably not)
    46Nico40 and nealjane1 like this.
    06-01-14 12:26 AM
    Hi guys can anyone upload the BB10 OS for Playbook... Please!!! The link for download is broken and i need to install that system on my BB Playbook. Thaks for post.
    10-05-15 02:40 PM
    Please
    05-10-16 07:05 AM
149 ... 456