Did u change the time and date to 2012 in both pb on or PC.
    Try downgrading to 2.1. And follow the steps again.:thumbup:
    Yup. Changed the date on both PC and PlayBook. I had it working but this seemed to happen once I sideloaded the settings app. Downgrading now..
    06-13-13 07:18 AM
    Not really much to accomplish. You just install 10.0.4 or 10.0.6 that were always known to work on Playbook. We did this last year. The issue is it's old and extremely buggy.

What Blackberry is working on is getting the full BB10 (R9 and above) on Playbook. The issue is the RAM. Only 1GB.
    RAM's not the issues, never was, the Dev Alpha's only have 1GB. The issue is the "BlackBerry Experience" and making everything work smoothly.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    06-13-13 08:24 AM
    The issue is the form factor of the device. We are talking about taking a UI that is meant for 1280x768 and adapting it for 1024x600 for one. We are also talking about changing things so they aren't oversized and unappealing on the tablet display and getting the UI to support landscape mode to boot. They have a grip of work to do.

Or should they push out an update that makes the PlayBook look like a sloppy giant phone?

Posted via CB10
    deltadiva2 likes this.
    06-13-13 08:31 AM
    Hey guys, if you follow me on Twitter, you know that myself and Michael Faro-Tusino have been working tirelessly over the past month testing out the BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha OS on the PlayBook. We wanted to make sure we could find (almost) all major bugs before we post a tutorial, so that people wouldn't end up with a bricked device.

Shout outs go out to @GShaneC for posting the original tutorial here in the CB Forums back in 2012, xsacha for a handful of helpful tips, and @MFaroTusino for partnering up with me on this project.

So here it is! Please remember to use extreme caution when installing this OS, and if something goes wrong, I'm not responsible. Install at your own risk!

The following outlines how to get the BB10 Dev Alpha OS running on the BlackBerry PlayBook.

Note: This is in no way a final release and is highly unstable. Carrying out this procedure
    is entirely at your own risk and no parties other than yourself are responsible for any and all consequences that may result

This will work for both Windows & Mac - just ensure you have the tools that run for your machine

1. Install DingleBerry & DDPB/Some form of sideloading BAR software
    2. Download the 10.0.9.44 Dev Alpha OS from here
    3. Change your PC and PlayBook date to September 24 2012 - Also turn off your Playbook's WiFi
    4. Enable Dev Mode on your PlayBook
    5. Extract the Winchester SDK coreOS BAR file from the 10.0.9.44 folder and place it in the Dingleberry/Firmware/custom folder
    6. Connect your PlayBook to your PC
    7. Open Dingleberry and enter your Dev Mode password into the field in top left
    8. On Dingleberry, select Firmware and Make sure the Buttons say Custom & Core OS
    9. Check that your PlayBook is detected by Dingleberry (top right corner)
    10. Click update at the bottom
    11. The device should have an update screen - if not make sure it is connected and try again. If it fails to install, simply disconnect, reconnect and try flashing again.
    12. If successful, the Playbook will reboot itself - When it comes alive, enable dev mode again and sideload (using DDPB or similar) the Settings app, BBM, Browser, Camera, AppWorld
    13. Reboot your device
    14. When it comes back on - go to the NEW Settings app and change your date and time to be correct
    15. Enable WiFi
    16. Go to Settings>BB ID and check that it retrieves info/allows you to sign in - if so, you're good to go - if not, reflash back to 2.1 (using Dektop Manager) and repeat
    17. Enjoy BBM and AppWorld - Browser and Camera will work whether your BB ID works or not

Known issues:
    DO NOT allow your battery to die while running this OS. The device will not know to turn itself off before the battery completely drains. If it does drain, you will have to perform a stacked charge. It will be difficult to revive your PlayBook if this happens.
    DO NOT power off your PlayBook with the current date and time. If you need to turn your PlayBook off, roll the date back to September 24 2012.
    AppWorld currently only pulls PlayBook apps. It does not pull BB10 apps.
    The icons in the top right corner of the home screen are inaccessible. Rotation Lock, Bluetooth, WiFi, and Battery indicator icons do not work, though oddly enough, the Settings icon does work.
    The backlight appears to timeout much quicker than the length of time defined in the settings.
    The list of known issues will be updated periodically.

Remember, this OS is NOT a suitable replacement for 2.1. This should only be installed if you're feeling adventurous and brave.

Also, please keep in mind that this isn't completely new. The time change workaround and a few other steps are new, but people have been installing Dev OS'es on the PlayBooks since mid-late 2012. I do not take credit for the original method.

Enjoy!
    Winchester SDK coreOS BAR file from the 10.0.9.44 folder.....i dont know which file ?
    uncle_numpty likes this.
    06-13-13 08:46 AM
    The issue is the form factor of the device. We are talking about taking a UI that is meant for 1280x768 and adapting it for 1024x600 for one. We are also talking about changing things so they aren't oversized and unappealing on the tablet display and getting the UI to support landscape mode to boot. They have a grip of work to do.

Or should they push out an update that makes the PlayBook look like a sloppy giant phone?

Posted via CB10
    Good points, well made.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10.
    keviebc likes this.
    06-13-13 08:50 AM
    can i install autoloader of 10.0.10.261 ?
    06-13-13 09:04 AM
    Hey Kyle,
    Did u try the 10.2 leak files with dev os. This would atleast fix the over size issue.
    06-13-13 09:45 AM
    Yup. Changed the date on both PC and PlayBook. I had it working but this seemed to happen once I sideloaded the settings app. Downgrading now..
    Hi bilaal,
    i also have the same issue as you, i have the same screen, how did you downgrade?
    06-13-13 11:24 AM
    A little help, guys..
    Attachment 171603

Posted via CB10

Hi, i did the big mistake by turning off my playbook on current date, now all i have is a screen saying that the program has ended.
    i cant access the playbook anymore or enter the development more to downgrade, what do it do?
    06-13-13 11:42 AM
    Hi, i did the big mistake by turning off my playbook on current date, now all i have is a screen saying that the program has ended.
    i cant access the playbook anymore or enter the development more to downgrade, what do it do?
    Do a CPF.
    mbilloo likes this.
    06-13-13 11:53 AM
    Do a CPF.
    i will do that, thanks
    06-13-13 11:59 AM
    This is why I was skeptical about releasing this tutorial.

Now you will need to turn your PlayBook off (hold both volume buttons and the power button simultaneously for about 15 seconds), then connect it to your PC via USB. Open Desktop Software or Link on your PC. It should prompt you to reload the software on your device. Follow the steps and it should take you back to OS 2.1.

If you haven't completely read and understood the tutorial, please don't try to load OS10.

Posted via CB10
    EchoesFX and podes2204 like this.
    06-13-13 12:15 PM
    Winchester SDK coreOS BAR file from the 10.0.9.44 folder.....i dont know which file ?
    I don't mean this in an ignorant way, but if you can't locate the CoreOS file, this tutorial may not be for you.

Posted via CB10
    EchoesFX likes this.
    06-13-13 12:16 PM
    can i install autoloader of 10.0.10.261 ?
    NO.

Do NOT try this. If you try to load a BB10 OS with a higher build than the one provided in the tutorial, you will brick your device and you WILL NOT be able to go back to OS2.1.

Posted via CB10
    EchoesFX likes this.
    06-13-13 12:18 PM
    did not work for me
    06-13-13 12:24 PM
    Hey Kyle,
    Did u try the 10.2 leak files with dev os. This would atleast fix the over size issue.
    Tried this?
    06-13-13 12:29 PM
    A few questions before i try it.

1- When i install BB World after installing BB10 on playbook, will all bb10 app work on it or only those who support the PlayBook resolution?

2- If i wanted to revert back to OS 2.1, what would i have to do?

3- Can i do all that on a Windows 8 ?

4- How does the BB10 browser perform and does Flash work well on it?

Thank you and everyone else for their hard work.
    06-13-13 12:39 PM
    Hey Kyle,
    I haven't tried this, and I highly doubt that it will work.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 12:40 PM
    I also forgot to mention that you should probably create a new BlackBerry ID to use on this device. If you log into your current BBID, it will take your BBM contacts from your current phone and transfer them to the PlayBook's PIN. You will lose your BBM contacts on your phone if you use your current BBID. I will update the tutorial to reflect this when I get home.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 12:43 PM
    A few questions before i try it.
    1- When i install BB World after installing BB10 on playbook, will all bb10 app work on it or only those who support the PlayBook resolution?
    2- If i wanted to revert back to OS 2.1, what would i have to do?
    3- Can i do all that on a Windows 8 ?
    4- How does the BB10 browser perform and does Flash work well on it?

Thank you and everyone else for their hard work.
    1) If you read the tutorial, it clearly states in the Known Issues column that BlackBerry World will only pull PlayBook apps. You will not be able to install new BB10 apps, only the ones that come in the 10.0.9.44 zip file.

2) Use Desktop Manager or BlackBerry Link to restore the 2.1 software.

3) Yes, you can do it on Windows 8.

4) The BB10 Browser is okay, but not perfect. You may need to minimize and then maximize the app in order to display the webpage once it loads. Flash works fine, provided that you enable it in the Browser Settings.

PLEASE READ THE TUTORIAL IN FULL BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO LOAD THIS OS.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 12:49 PM
    Thanks for the tutorial Kyle.
    But for those who are going to do that:
    I highly recommend that you wipe the OS before with the Desktop Mananger, your old apps and configs MAY enter in conflict and you probably will have to do all the steps again.
    It happened here, tested with 4 PlayBooks the 4th got wiped before the install and everything worked fine.
    06-13-13 12:54 PM
    Hey Kyle, how about dingleberry on the current versions of blackberry 10?
    06-13-13 12:58 PM
    I highly recommend that you wipe the OS before with the Desktop Mananger, your old apps and configs MAY enter in conflict and you probably will have to do all the steps again.
    Thanks for contributing! 2.1 is blocked on my device, and has been for months, so my process to get BB10 up and running is slightly different than the one I posted in the tutorial. I was unaware of that issue.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 01:00 PM
    Hey Kyle, how about dingleberry on the current versions of blackberry 10?
    Please read the thread. Any build higher than the one provided in the tutorial WILL NOT WORK.

*facepalm*

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 01:01 PM
    Please read the thread. Any build higher than the one provided in the tutorial WILL NOT WORK.

*facepalm*

Posted via CB10
    So using dingleberry to help with setting up BB10 on playbook is fine, but it sounds like running future versions of BB10 on playbook out of the question. Gotcha.
    06-13-13 01:04 PM
149 1234 ...