By the way, can anyone test if Sachesi is working to flash on Playbook now?
    So that you don't need to use Dingleberry anymore.

It would simply the first several steps greatly.

Here's a quick, untested, modification to the instructions when using Sachesi:
    1. Install Sachesi
    2. Download the 10.0.9.44 Core OS + 10.0.6 apps from here (TODO: stick all the .bars in one package to make it easy)
    3. Change your PlayBook date to September 24 2012 - Also turn off your Playbook's WiFi
    4. Connect your PlayBook to your PC via USB
    5. Open Sachesi, go to 'Installer' and enter your password.
    6. When login screen goes away, drag the .bar files you downloaded in #2 on to Sachesi
    7. The device should have an update screen. Sachesi will show progress in Log window.
    8. When the update completes and the Playbook restarts, open the NEW Settings app and change your date and time to be correct
    9. Enable WiFi
    10. Go to Settings>BB ID and check that it retrieves info/allows you to sign in - if so, you're good to go - if not, reflash back to 2.1 (using Dektop Manager) and repeat

Enjoy BBM and AppWorld - Browser and Camera will work whether your BB ID works or not
    I've got a spare playbook to test and have downloaded QT and Sachesi but I don't see a working link in the post above for BB10 and the core apps. Does anyone have one?
    07-16-13 06:11 PM
    edit: found the link to 10.09.44 in the first thread but the post I referenced above says 10.0.6 apps. Which version of 10.0.6 and which apps from this version should be installed?
    07-16-13 08:20 PM
    Can someone pm me the link to the 10.0.9 and 10.0.6 files? I'm not getting the files I have to load properly even with the date turned back and a playbook freshly installed with 2.1,

Thanks.
    07-17-13 12:17 PM
    By the way, can anyone test if Sachesi is working to flash on Playbook now?
    So that you don't need to use Dingleberry anymore.

It would simply the first several steps greatly.

Here's a quick, untested, modification to the instructions when using Sachesi:
    1. Install Sachesi
    2. Download the 10.0.9.44 Core OS + 10.0.6 apps from here (TODO: stick all the .bars in one package to make it easy)
    3. Change your PlayBook date to September 24 2012 - Also turn off your Playbook's WiFi
    4. Connect your PlayBook to your PC via USB
    5. Open Sachesi, go to 'Installer' and enter your password.
    6. When login screen goes away, drag the .bar files you downloaded in #2 on to Sachesi
    7. The device should have an update screen. Sachesi will show progress in Log window.
    8. When the update completes and the Playbook restarts, open the NEW Settings app and change your date and time to be correct
    9. Enable WiFi
    10. Go to Settings>BB ID and check that it retrieves info/allows you to sign in - if so, you're good to go - if not, reflash back to 2.1 (using Dektop Manager) and repeat

Enjoy BBM and AppWorld - Browser and Camera will work whether your BB ID works or not
    I tried to send 10.0.9 via Sachesi, but it hangs during "Searching for USB device"

How To Install BB10 Dev OS on PlayBook-sach.png

Keep in mind, I'm flashing from 10.0.4.197 because 2.1 is blocked on my device. This may work with 2.1 but I can't test that.

DingleBerry finds the device no problem.
    07-17-13 11:41 PM
    Can someone pm me the link to the 10.0.9 and 10.0.6 files? I'm not getting the files I have to load properly even with the date turned back and a playbook freshly installed with 2.1,

Thanks.
    OSBB - Blackberry 10 OS Downloads

The OS you need, 10.0.9.388 can be found on this page, labelled as Software Release 10.0.9.44.

10.0.6 can be found there as well.

Be sure to follow every step in the original post exactly as they're laid out. If you do that, and are still having problems, post a detailed explanation of what's happening and I'll do my best to help you out.

07-17-13 11:48 PM
    I tried to send 10.0.9 via Sachesi, but it hangs during "Searching for USB device"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sach.png 
Views:	1595 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	183646

Keep in mind, I'm flashing from 10.0.4.197 because 2.1 is blocked on my device. This may work with 2.1 but I can't test that.

DingleBerry finds the device no problem.
    Out of curiosity, how did 2.1 get blocked?

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 12:42 AM

The OS you need, 10.0.9.388 can be found on this page, labelled as Software Release 10.0.9.44.

Be sure to follow every step in the original post exactly as they're laid out. If you do that, and are still having problems, post a detailed explanation of what's happening and I'll do my best to help you out.

You may want to add that you should NOT load 10.0.6 with CFP. If you do, you won't get passed the setup menu because wifi won't work.
    07-18-13 12:48 AM
    Out of curiosity, how did 2.1 get blocked?
    I tried to install a Dev OS newer than 10.0.9.388. 2.1 is now blacklisted from my device.

You may want to add that you should NOT load 10.0.6 with CFP. If you do, you won't get passed the setup menu because wifi won't work.
    That is true, however I have had 10.0.6 on my PlayBook before. You need to load 10.0.4, complete the setup, then flash 10.0.6.
    07-18-13 02:13 AM
    Update: I reflashed 10.0.4 and then tried again. Sachesi found the device and I was able to load 10.0.9.
    07-18-13 02:15 AM

Thanks.
    Reflashed 2.1 using Blackberry Desktop, signed in with Blackberry ID, then set date back to Sept 24 and disconnected wifi

set playbook to connect via mac, playbook screen shows connected to computer
    opened Sachesi alpha 16, password screen says connecting to USB, then it reverted to apps screen and gave me an error: "noauth: <empty>"

when I drag the winchester 10.0.9 bar onto the apps screen, it says playbook connecting and gives me an address starting with 169 but the playbook screen never changes and the log for Sachesi keeps repeating" installing winchester...."or something like that.

I've restarted from the beginning (including reinstalling 2.1) and same thing occurs.
    07-19-13 09:12 PM
    Hmmn, I did a security wipe this time after reflashing 2.1 with Blackberry desktop, then I set the date back to Sept 24 and downloaded the small update over wifi.
    I also set laptop date to Sept 24
    This time when I disconnected wifi, Sachesi did not give me "no auth"

But when I dragged the winchester bar onto Sachesi, I got error failure 500 cannot determine package-id.

The bar I am using is 251.2 mb in size.
    07-21-13 04:04 AM
    Would someone who has successfully flashed on a mac pm me so I can determine if the issue is in the way my mac is downloading the files or not? I downloaded using firefox and chrome and still have that 500 error.

Thanks!
    07-22-13 08:35 AM
    could someone tell me which one of these stuff work well
    browser/BBM/app world with BB10 apps/camera/skype?????
    and what are the major problems with this Dev OS on Playbook ?
    07-23-13 11:43 AM
    tried my second playbook with Sachesi beta 1 and still got error failure 500 cannot determine package-id.
    Since both devices got that error, there may be something wrong with the way the mac is saving the files.
    If anyone has any ideas, let me know
    07-23-13 02:11 PM
    Hey, I accidently rebooted without changing the time. Now it says that the beta thing is over. How do I go back or how do I do
    anything now?
    07-29-13 10:53 AM
    Guys, Do you plan to continue to work on the dev os 10 to make it a nearly perfect OS and release it?
    08-02-13 07:32 AM
    Hey, I accidently rebooted without changing the time. Now it says that the beta thing is over. How do I go back or how do I do
    anything now?
    Plug your PlayBook into your PC and restore the device software using BlackBerry Desktop Software or BlackBerry Link.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 10:37 PM
    Guys, Do you plan to continue to work on the dev os 10 to make it a nearly perfect OS and release it?
    No, that's impossible for us. Only BlackBerry can do that.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 10:37 PM
    Hi guys,
    My BB ID does not work, it just keeps on "retrieving BlackBerry ID properties.."
    has been going on for hours now.
    Can I just do a "Security Wipe" while on OS 10?? (with the dates rolled back to 24 September 2012 of course)

Thanks
    08-15-13 02:32 AM
    Nevermind,
    I tried to do "Security Wipe" while on os 10, ended up having a blank, blinking, buzzing screen on the initial set up menu..
    could not restore back to 2.1 with BBDM
    ended up having to flash my OS to 2.1 using CFP (much quicker than BBDM though)

Will try again,

Has anyone besides kyle27 succeeded in running BBM on the OS 10 Dev?
    I just want to be able to BBM, no need other functionality.

Thanks
    08-15-13 06:20 AM
    500 error for 4 attempts at installing settings bbm etc, each started from a fresh 2.1OS, I got it to work by installing each app separately instead of select all / install in dingleberry. worth a try if your getting stuck.
    08-16-13 08:38 PM
    Hey guys, I'm tedious with my PlayBook OS 2.1 and so I'm thinking of doing this. Before i start, i want to know if Kindle, Music, Video, and the Origami browser will work on BB10 when installed because i will only use those apps.

Also a standby option?
    08-17-13 10:28 AM
    Hey guys, i started but stuck at step 10.

Dingleberry shows:
    USB - Connected
    OS - 2.1.0.1526 (63%)

When i try to click update, only a "waiting" sign shows....button does not work.

What i have done so far:
    Security Wipe
    Dev mode on
    WiFi off
    Date on PC and PB set to 9/24/2012
    Extracted winchester.sdk-10.0.9.388-nto+armle-v7+signed and placed it Desktop\Dingleberry-3.3.3-Windows\Firmware\Custom

On Dingleberry, Custom and Core OS is selected under Firmware.

Any help?
    08-17-13 12:16 PM
    Hey guys, I'm tedious with my PlayBook OS 2.1 and so I'm thinking of doing this. Before i start, i want to know if Kindle, Music, Video, and the Origami browser will work on BB10 when installed because i will only use those apps.

Also a standby option?
    Seriously, you are better off with 2.1 for what you wish to do with the tablet. A lot of things don't work properly on this build, and personally mine has never been able to sign into my BlackBerry ID.

If you want to play with cascades apps on the PlayBook, this build is neat. Thats's about it.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 03:39 PM
    are you able to sideload android apps that dont usually work on the pb but do work on bb10? ie.instagram
    08-21-13 01:48 PM
149 ... 3456