I am in surgery doing a spinal decompression and fusion. The playbook allows me to track the inventory, do my billing, and surf the web when there is some downtime!
    Have you tried it as a wedge between two vertebrae which watch stock quotes? I think that is where it will really shine.
    12-15-11 09:45 AM
    I am marrying today ! And the wedding videos will be recorded on my Playbook !

This morning I was listening to my favorite radio station in my PB connected to my home router, I left home with my PB playing music ... and you know what ?
    It never stopped playing... much beyond router coverture... it swapped to bb bridge without interruption ! What a nice companion is this beauty !

Bells are ringing now...
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-15-11 11:57 AM
    Hi - can you clarify a couple of things about Magellan Compass for me? (1) Does it have a speedometer on it to show how fast you are going? (2) Do the turn by turn directions work in real time? (for example, does it work like a real GPS unit and update and give you an estimated arrival time while you are driving or recalculate the route if you go off course?)

Thank you,
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-20-11 12:40 PM
    Thank you! I just don't see the playbook model in their lineup, but I'll keep checking...
    There are two that work for the Playbook.
    RAM-HOL-TAB
    and
    RAM-HOL-UN8BU
    12-27-11 07:34 AM
    Hi - can you clarify a couple of things about Magellan Compass for me? (1) Does it have a speedometer on it to show how fast you are going? (2) Do the turn by turn directions work in real time? (for example, does it work like a real GPS unit and update and give you an estimated arrival time while you are driving or recalculate the route if you go off course?)

Thank you,
    The Magellan compass does not have a speedometer, so it dosent show how fast you are moving.
    The directions relative to your positions are in real time, but there is no text-voice, no route calculations, no automatic rerouting- in other words it dosent work like a GPS unit. If you know the area and where you are going then it helps,and also it gives you a map and puts you current position in it, so you can make calculated changes to your travel if you desire to do so.

Thats all the Magellan compass does, but it does work without any wifi
    arig77 likes this.
    12-27-11 07:50 AM
    Question...

From standby mode with no apps running, how much time does it need to achieve GPS lock?

Mine seems to require many minutes...
    12-27-11 09:45 AM
    Thanks Anindoc - hopefully they will add those in future updates as this has alot of potential, especially with bridge support
    12-27-11 10:56 AM
    thanks for the tip! that's very much the car mount i was looking for and for $11 and change that fits the bill. awesome.
    Yes, awesome is right. $12 for the mount is less than a case! Love it!
    12-27-11 11:00 AM
    I am marrying today ! And the wedding videos will be recorded on my Playbook !

This morning I was listening to my favorite radio station in my PB connected to my home router, I left home with my PB playing music ... and you know what ?
    It never stopped playing... much beyond router coverture... it swapped to bb bridge without interruption ! What a nice companion is this beauty !

Bells are ringing now...
    You married your Playbook? What kind of weirdness is that?
    12-27-11 11:04 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD