my son age 7 is in tears that it wont turn on still and he calls me the BlackBerry King.

left on with a few apps running and forgot to charge it or turn it off last Friday night.

Dead with no LED even after 4 days charging and numerous holding buttons down to force it on. So here i share my night of fun and getting my son's playbook to work.

warning, dont try this unless you know what your are doing

Jump start a PlayBook a knottyrope tip - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

I hope this helps out some others
    Last edited by knottyrope; 07-10-12 at 08:20 PM. Reason: speeling
    07-10-12 08:08 PM
    Interesting. Did you ever try Stack Charging before using the 'defibrillator'?

I think others have just detached the battery and reattached although I don't know why that works.

Those Red/Black arrows represent +/- power?
    07-10-12 09:34 PM
    That's awesome. Good work.
    07-10-12 09:39 PM
    Interesting. Did you ever try Stack Charging before using the 'defibrillator'?

I think others have just detached the battery and reattached although I don't know why that works.

Those Red/Black arrows represent +/- power?
    Yes I tried every method posted on the various forums

I did remove the battery conenctor for a minute and nothing changed

Yes the RED and Black arrows are polarity correct on those contact points.
    07-10-12 10:21 PM
    Wow that's awesome lol
    07-11-12 12:46 AM
    What voltage were you applying with direct connection to the battery and did you notice much current. Presumably you bypassed the control circuit which limits or prevents recharge current to a severely exhausted battery. How lucky do you feel you were that nothing really bad happened? Amateurs better not try this and put on your goggles, face shield and welders vest.
    07-11-12 02:10 AM
    Good job OP. Glad your son has a working playbook once again.
    07-11-12 03:23 PM
    What voltage were you applying with direct connection to the battery and did you notice much current. Presumably you bypassed the control circuit which limits or prevents recharge current to a severely exhausted battery. How lucky do you feel you were that nothing really bad happened? Amateurs better not try this and put on your goggles, face shield and welders vest.
    I used a Torch Cube charger, I updated my post with a pic of it. so USB voltage is about 5 VDC

since it would not start, I tricked it into thinking the battery was more full than it was with the added torch charger. Since it was depleted I did not want to use a stronger charger like the Playbook has and only held it there for a short time like less than 5 minutes.
    07-11-12 05:13 PM
    ok so anyone else try this?

there is only five thousands threads about dead or non charging playbooks so rather than start another let's dig this one up from a year ago
    08-15-13 11:02 PM
    ok so anyone else try this?

there is only five thousands threads about dead or non charging playbooks so rather than start another let's dig this one up from a year ago
    Now baby, you better be in your sandbox while performing cpr on your playbook. For God sake, take off the bonnet first to avoid disco inferno.
    Cynycl likes this.
    08-15-13 11:38 PM
    You have bypassed the built-in safety device of the playbook...good for you but everyone who reads this should know that it is potentially a hazard...
    my son age 7 is in tears that it wont turn on still and he calls me the BlackBerry King.

left on with a few apps running and forgot to charge it or turn it off last Friday night.

Dead with no LED even after 4 days charging and numerous holding buttons down to force it on. So here i share my night of fun and getting my son's playbook to work.

warning, dont try this unless you know what your are doing

Jump start a PlayBook a knottyrope tip - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

I hope this helps out some others
    08-16-13 03:28 AM
    also found this method

08-16-13 07:30 AM
    I think after this weekend, the title of this thread will need to be changed to ....... How I blew up my playbook
    08-16-13 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD