Ok, I have been a lurker on this site for a very long time. I have had a 16G Playbook since OS1, use it every day. Every update to the OS has made this device a better experience, more useful tablet, more user friendly, and I have seen an ever increasing number of apps in App World (although slowly). I've used and sold several Android tablets, none seemed very special or unique in any way (Dell Streak, Acer, Toshiba) to me at least. I have held on to my Playbook all the while. Last week went to Office Depot to pickup a Nexus 7 tablet, wanted to get a JB tablet and see what all the fuss was about and my 16G Playbook was getting full anyway. The Playbook did it to me again, that stupid looping demo video on the PB looked so good, and 64Gig for less than the 16Gig Nexus couldn't resist. Brought home a 64Gig Playbook like a stray dog and gave the 16Gig to the wife. When I'm using any other tablet I find myself trying to swipe from the bezel and wanting to jump between open apps like I do with the PB and no joy. I'm sorry if this is not a useful or informative post but I get tired of reading all the Playbook RIP post. I may not have the tablet that everyone else has but I know what I like, and its the Playbook. Its still not going anywhere soon.....just my rant.

Cool1100
    10-31-12 04:48 PM
    I too also bought my second pb as an impulse buy because of the price
    Uncle Remus and kdeckels like this.
    10-31-12 04:54 PM
    Bought my 16gb for $80 because I have a baby that will grab anything. My brother insisted ipad or nexus. He brought the ipad 3 over and after constantly worrying about it he understood my reason for going PB. Mine has met my expectations, and needs, for it to be reliable and tough.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    10-31-12 05:15 PM
    Glad to see you enjoy the PlayBook and are tired of RIP PlayBook posts. I agree but the frustration associated with using this device causes many to lose faith. A company that was top of the line now is trading for like $8 a share.
    10-31-12 05:28 PM
    When I'm using any other tablet I find myself trying to swipe from the bezel and wanting to jump between open apps like I do with the PB and no joy. I'm sorry if this is not a useful or informative post but I get tired of reading all the Playbook RIP post. I may not have the tablet that everyone else has but I know what I like, and its the Playbook. Its still not going anywhere soon.....just my rant.

Cool1100
    Same here. The gesture interface on the Playbook is pure genius and worth much more than the naysayers imagine. I think the user experience with the Playbook is just so much better than the Android tablet. I also have a Galaxy Tab2 7.0 and it is an excellent device. At the office, I've been using the Tab2 with my Motorola Defy set-up as a wifi hotspot (T-Mobile), and also my Playbook bridged to my 9780. There are a few programs that just aren't available on the Playbook, so I've tried to transition to the Tab2. I've tried to leave my Playbook in my bag and use the Tab2 exclusively, but after more than a month, I still find myself digging out the Playbook. Why? Because, for what it does, it just plain works better. Swiping between programs, and swiping unused ones out of the way, is just such a natural way to work. The Tab2, while a great device, seems rough and unfinished by comparison. No device is perfect. The Playbook really needs more native applications. The Tab2, for its part is very inconsistent. The native Gmail app is terrible. No pinch to zoom, no full screen view. (I understand a new Jelly Bean version fixes some of that). The Playbook displays Gmail so much better than the Tab2. Go figure. On the Tab2, some programs like to be run in portrait, others in landscape (they usually, but not always will work both ways, but really run better one way or the other). So, I end up turning it one way then the other as I move between applications. Sometimes my hotspot slows to a crawl, or completely stops for a few minutes at a time (I'm near a major airport and I think the T-Mobile tower just gets congested). At those times, the bridge to my 9780 (also a T-Mobile account) never even hiccups. I'm guessing the Blackberry is running through a different server than the Android is.

In the end, if I don't have to use the Tab2 because of an app that won't run on the Playbook, I reach for the Playbook and its comfortable, intuitive, gesture interface. It just works better. I'm hoping that BB10 will build on that. If so, we might see the second coming of the Blackberry.
    10-31-12 06:22 PM
    I'm sorry if this is not a useful or informative post but I get tired of reading all the Playbook RIP post. I may not have the tablet that everyone else has but I know what I like, and its the Playbook. Its still not going anywhere soon.....just my rant.
    Cool1100
    Absolutely no need to apologize Bud, you're post was useful as it was good for morale, so welcome to the forums, here you learn more and more everyday as you know. Real good gang here, you're never in trouble for very long around this place. So now you have your first like to go along with your first post
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-31-12 06:39 PM
    yup I say playbook users r the guinea pics for the new qnx system....what errors they find now will ne fixed for bb10.
    10-31-12 06:46 PM
    Glad to see you enjoy the PlayBook and are tired of RIP PlayBook posts. I agree but the frustration associated with using this device causes many to lose faith. A company that was top of the line now is trading for like $8 a share.
    Those frustrations you speak of are not experienced by all, myself included. I don't keep things that frustrate me or don't serve my needs, pointless. If it does, get rid of it.
    10-31-12 07:33 PM
    Shoot, I'm glad I'm not the only one, thinking of grabbing another one for my wife from OD
    rotorwrench likes this.
    10-31-12 07:40 PM
    Got 3 in my house now. When I graduated from 16 gb to 64 gb.. My wife got the 16. Then she was adding more and files and was almost out of space. So I picked her up her own 64 gb playbook. My kids inherited the 16gb. All in all I think I spent less than $600 before taxes... Now that's just crazy.

And now I'm so use to the playbook sometimes I find myself bezel swiping my kid's netbook by mistake..
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-31-12 07:58 PM
    Great stories.

Have 6 in our house and another 5 in family. Have 6 more for other family members at Christmas.
    PatrickMJS and DC506 like this.
    10-31-12 09:23 PM
    I too also bought my second pb as an impulse buy because of the price
    I'm impulse buy 3 times.
    10-31-12 10:34 PM
    I'm about to buy at least 2 more for my home also. One for the wife (She has a Bold) and one for the heck of it. My daughter wants a tablet but she and my son like my wife's Thrive for the games. So it actually may be a PlayBook and a Thrive. My kids try to get my PB but I won't let them put their grubby little hands on it!!!! So I guess the grown folks will use the PB's and the kids use the Thrives. BTW I find myself also swiping on my wife's Thrive AND my son's laptop. Go figure!!!
    10-31-12 10:51 PM
    I swiped the bezel of my buddies iPad once. So embarrassing.
    11-01-12 03:09 AM
    Great stories.

Have 6 in our house and another 5 in family. Have 6 more for other family members at Christmas.
    17 Playbooks?....Why only 17? ........
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-01-12 03:36 AM
    Great stories.

BB owe at least one dev alpha device to you as a gesture for maybe the highest number of playbooks sold in a family
    DC506 and bungaboy like this.
    11-01-12 03:52 AM
    Yep, I did the same....walked out with a 64 and 32 PB! Did not want my 16 to get lonely! I have tempted myself numerous times with some of the other major names and was not able to break away from PB...even the iPad users in the family are seeing the light. Love my Playbook!!
    11-01-12 05:04 AM
    17 Playbooks?....Why only 17? ........
    file share app, Nexus.. musta overloaded the wifi, lmao
    11-04-12 02:22 AM
    I swiped the bezel of my buddies iPad once. So embarrassing.
    Must have been.............for your buddy
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    11-04-12 09:31 AM
    I do the same thing with the swipes ALL THE TIME! My fiance and I just bought her daughter a galaxy 2 phone since after rebate it'll end up being free, but we're planning to get everyone bb10 phones. So, I'm setting up her galaxy and just driving myself nuts with the navigation. I'm swiping constantly and of course it's not getting me anywhere. I'm not used to pressing menu buttons on a device with no keyboard. It was just awkward!

I'm a gamer and have played many consoles. The learning curve to go from one console to another is never very difficult to me since things are very similar. I find it fascinating that the navigation design of the playbook is so similar to other touch screens yet so very different in key areas that it makes the learning curve of going to other touch devices so much higher. What's even more fascinating is the fact that learning the navigation of the playbook was very easy!
    11-04-12 04:22 PM
    The gesture navigation is easy to learn and very intuitive. It makes trying to use my Galaxy Tab 2 very trying.
    11-04-12 09:21 PM
    I bought half a dozen PB's when the price drop happened in early 2012 and gave them as gifts to various people in the family. Now everyone is videochatting regularly and it works quite reliably. Funny how each person has their favourite uses for the PB. My brother is a big NFL fan and loves having NFL.com on the PB as a reference source when watching games. My daughter uses it for university homework and presentations. My nephew has it loaded with a bunch of games for his 5 y.o., who BTW mastered the gestures the first time I let her try mine.

I could go on. One more thing, my step-daughter, who has the ipad2, says she likes the screen on the PB and wishes she could output Monopoly to her tv screen the way we do when they visit us, but I guess her tablet can't do that. Oh well...
    sputneek and axeman1000 like this.
    11-05-12 08:57 AM
    I myself want to buy some for myself and for my sisters. I'm actually looking forward to the native BBM on the PlayBook. If RIM delivers the promised BB10 + Native BBM to the PlayBook then it'll be so awesome! I'll feel like I hit gold!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9220 using Tapatalk
    11-05-12 09:13 AM
    but I guess her tablet can't do that. Oh well...
    I think her tablet could but it would mean 50 more Ibucks for that Iav Idigital Idapter, oh well....
    11-05-12 09:43 AM
    I think her tablet could but it would mean 50 more Ibucks for that Iav Idigital Idapter, oh well....
    She has the adapter. She said it will output a video that has been downloaded from itunes but it does not mirror whatever is on the screen. Therefore Monopoly does not display on the tv screen, even when its all plugged in with the pricey adapter.
    11-05-12 11:17 AM
27 12