Does any one know how to get back to the top of web page after say a very long thread? *QUICKLY - with out having to scroll scroll scroll scroll.....
    yvklondon and Herve5 like this.
    06-29-11 07:30 AM
    This is a darn good question. Seems like an inelegant solution to scroll furiously.
    06-29-11 07:48 AM
    there's a TOP button at very bottom of page. right above the about us image.
    rcab likes this.
    06-29-11 07:57 AM
    while i do luv my crackberry - I do venture off to other web sites that do not have this feature. Also that would require me to scroll ALL the way to the bottom, and sometimes this becomes quite tiresome
    06-29-11 08:14 AM
    Just SCROLL FURIOUSLY (I like that terminology).

While the BB phones have a T (top) and B (bottom) shortcut, along with SPACE to page ahead, and H for Homepage, the pb lacks those shortcuts. But it also lacks a FIND/Search on the webpage for a word or term.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-29-11 09:09 AM
    lol i keep minimising the window when I'm scrolling down furiously as i hit the bezel in my eagerness... (also find i'm doing this lots when typing quickly - tapping the bezel instead of the sapce bar) guess i'll get used to the spacing soon...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-11 10:13 AM
    I know in Safari on the iPad & iPhone you can just touch the top of the screen and it will scroll back to the top of the page super quick.

Maybe it's built into the PB browser.
    06-29-11 10:47 AM
    I use this all the time on my iPhone...RIM should add this feature and also allow scrolling via the bezel. I'm tired of accidentially hitting a flash advertisement then having a new window open.... (especially on this site!)

PS - any way to turn off the animation for new windows/screens/apps opening? I mean it's nice, but it slows down the process and after awhile the eye candy gets more annoying than anything else...
    Last edited by DarrenHD; 07-27-11 at 11:02 AM.
    07-27-11 10:53 AM
    I'll go +1 on this. This is probably the one thing I miss from my Ipad.
    07-27-11 12:57 PM
    You gotta wind up your arm and do a SUPER FLICK by sliding your finger as fast as you can across that badboy (rotate to portrait mode for best results).

OR...you can press the refresh button and wait for it to load again

But seriously, I don't know, I find myself FURIOUSLY SCROLLING to the top or bottom as well. Did anyone try using the playbook keyboard and pressing t or b? That would be a useful feature for the browser I think RIM could easily implement.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-27-11 01:03 PM
    I miss it too and have to keep scrolling (furiously at times ) to get to the top. I hope this is fixed in one of the upgrades.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-11 06:26 AM
    +1, I have found myself doing a two finger alternating scroll to get myself to the top of long threads, the motion is like skating on ice...twirling twirling to the top!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-28-11 07:25 AM
    I use to fingers to walk scroll.
    07-28-11 07:29 AM
    another topic i was going to post as i was wondering the same thing. is there a way to suggest to RIM to add a like feature of the ipad or iphone where we can just hit the top of the screen
    07-28-11 05:34 PM
    Just SCROLL FURIOUSLY (I like that terminology).

While the BB phones have a T (top) and B (bottom) shortcut, along with SPACE to page ahead, and H for Homepage, the pb lacks those shortcuts. But it also lacks a FIND/Search on the webpage for a word or term.
    i've been getting some real slack about this from ppl when i let them borrow my PB. Man I love my playbook but put these little featires in so I can stop getting beat on by all my Ipad friends...just search in websites and PDF!!!! and some simple spell check plzplzplz!!!
    07-28-11 08:14 PM
    I'm still wondering to this day is there any shortcut or trick for scrolling quickly a long Web Page
    02-04-13 11:53 PM
    I know. From my 9930 I miss hitting "t" or "b" or even "space" to get around. That's the only thing holding me from a z10 over a q10. But everyday I'm liking the z10 more and more
    02-05-13 12:12 AM
    There was another thread called Is there a way to quickly scroll to the top of the webpage where this was discussed and some suggestions were provided. I'll mention a few things.

One is to turn the Playbook to Portrait for the scrolling portion. Once you've reached the area wanted you can return to Landscape. Rotating to Portrait for the scrolling can be up to three times faster. And, if it was an extremely long page, you could additionally change the font size to the smallest and then return it back to the regularly used font size when done. This addition font changing would likely only be an option explored by the sore thumb prone.

When you want to go back to the top of the page sweep down from the top bezel. Press the website name in the address bar (not the refresh arrow). The name area will turn blue and the keyboard will pop up. Press Go on the keyboard. It will take you to the top of the current page.
    02-05-13 01:48 AM
    I mentioned above that you tap on the address bar and Go on the keyboard to jump to the top of the current page. I think I should clarify that it goes to the part where you opened the page originally. This is usually the top of the page but it can be somewhere else. For example, if you were checking your posts on Crackberry (which I did to find this one) and then clicked on one it would take you to your post wherever it appeared on that page. Then if you try to select the address bar it is going to be including that part of the page so it will return to that post which it considers to be the top. The actual page beginning may still be several posts above it.

Additionally, there are times where it is possible to just use the refresh button alone. It just doesn't always work for all webpages. From anywhere in the website sweep down from the top bezel and click refresh. It will temporarily show the top of the page or possibly appear blank before it goes back to wherever on the page you were. While it is temporarily at the top or blank you place your finger on the screen (not the bezel) and pull down and hold to reveal some grey on the screen (may take a couple of swipes). Doing this will result in the top of the page staying in place. This does not work for all sites so that is why it's usually better to just highlight the address bar as previously mentioned. It does work on Crackberry, though. I've attached an image from the NYTimes to show what it appears like.

And another point about using Portrait to allow for faster scrolling. Many times it a lot easier to see where you are on the page if you are in Portrait compared to Landscape as the indicator at the screen side usually is larger while actively scrolling in Portrait. Sometimes it is the only way to find your place.
    Attached Thumbnails How to get to top of page?-img_20130382.jpg  
    03-19-13 11:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD