I used Handbrake to convert the DVD and am not sure how to get it to my Playbook so I can watch it. I tried to drag and drop and while it says the movie is there in the file, when I open the Videos on my Playbook I don't see it. I am not sure what I am doing wrong but any and all information will be very helpful.
    07-01-12 12:21 PM
    What is the file's extension? avi, mp4, etc?

Have you looked on the pb using the built-in FileManager app? Or the free Air Browser?

You could try rebooting using the battery icon - Restart.
    07-01-12 01:00 PM
    It could various things. First go to app world and get the app Air Browser, it's free. After installing, open the app and then open the folder you put the file in. Check to see if the file size is correct.

Check the extension. Had a .avi file that read .avi' once and needed remove the comma.

Or it just could be that the file does not fit the parameters of the media player
    07-01-12 01:03 PM
    I downloaded the Air Browser, which is a great app (thanks) and located the movie. But when I tried to open it, it said that "This file type isn't supported". It is the same file type (MP4) as another movie I have on there that is ok. Not sure what I am doing wrong....HELP!!
    07-01-12 04:19 PM
    There are certain audio codings that do not work. You can download gspot (suggestive name is misleading) or mediainfo and they can describe the video/audio coding of a file.

I know folks have used handbrake.
    07-01-12 05:32 PM
    I use Mac The Ripper (on mac) to remove the region encoding from the DVD and then handbrake to create the file. Once I have that I just drag and drop the file into the video folder on the PB.
    07-01-12 05:47 PM
    There is also a program called anydvd which works very well I use it all the time.
    07-01-12 07:00 PM
    I have also found copying and pasting without the windows explorer, i.e. treat is as external drive, sometimes does not bring the dvd files properly over to PB. However when I copy and past within the Desktop Manager, it plays.
    Something similar has also been discussed in this http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post7479717 threat. See my post #29 on what I used for decoding and converting.
    07-01-12 07:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD