Wireless etc at Costco dropped their prices on the 16 and 32 Gb Playbooks to $149.99. I managed to grab a couple of 32 gb open box units. This my first post although I have lurked in the background for a few months.
    telex123 likes this.
    02-04-12 02:16 PM
    I just got 2 new 16GB and 1 open box 32 GB at Wireless etc at Costco too! They also come with a car charger.
    02-04-12 03:46 PM
    I just called my Costco and they said $199

How long do they price match for? I'll go buy one at $199 and get the cash back when they inevitably drop it soon
    02-04-12 04:05 PM
    Is anybody from K-W/Cambridge & Guelph looking for the 32GB? I might get one on monday.
    I called 6 stores in the are and they were all out of them. In one store they put my name on the list. They said they should have a few units coming on monday. In another store they said the same thing but I had to prepay for it and that was the last unit on the list that they had. That leaves me with potentially one extra unit. That is if it comes on monday. So if anybody wants it let me know. I don't guarantee that I will get it for sure so do not hold anything against me if I can't.
    02-04-12 04:38 PM
    I'd like to thank retrofinn for the tip about Wireless Etc.

I just purchased a 32Gb Blackberry PlayBook for $149 from Sans-fil Etc (Wireless Etc en fran�ais) at the Costco in Brossard, QC. It was their last one and, according to their inventory status, there are none left in Montreal and only a handful remaining in the province of Qu�bec and in far flung places at that (i.e. can you say Chicoutimi and Rimouski?).

Telus's PlayBook sale had caught my eye (32Gb @ $149) on this forum yesterday but, after calling six stores, none were available in the Montreal area.

Encouraged by the success of other forum members, I headed to my neighbourhood FutureShop, with a printed copy of the Telus ad, where I learned they would not price-match. They claimed to have called Telus, earlier in the day, and discovered the price was only available as part of a 3-year phone contract.

That sounded plausible but unlikely given what I read on this forum. I headed to BestBuy where they didn't give me any song and dance and flatly refused to price-match Telus.

I did some shopping at Costco where I happened to walk by the Sans-Fil Etc booth without inquiring about their PlayBooks (doh!).

FutureShop's response didn't sit well with me. A Telus was nearby so I paid them a visit. They confirmed that the PlayBook was being sold off without any commitment to purchase a phone contract.

I went back to FutureShop and asked to speak to the manager. In the hour that had passed since my first visit to the store, Telus had removed the ad from their web-site. He saw the hard-copy of the ad and indicated that they would not normally price-match an item that was being sold-off. Telus's ad clearly indicated the offer was valid until stock was depleted.

Nevertheless, he was fair and offered to sell the 16Gb version at $149 and the 32Gb at $199. He wrote the prices on the hard-copy and explained the offer was good until Sunday (tomorrow). I walked out knowing that if i couldn't find it at a better price on Saturday, I could always return to Futureshop.

Today, I headed to the Costco in Pointe-Claire, walked up to the Sans-fil etc booth, and was pleased to learn they did have PlayBooks in stock and both the 16Gb and 32Gb versions were being sold for $149. Unfortunately, they were out of the 32Gb version; the last one was sold on Friday! Doh! Had I inquired the previous day I might have been its owner. They were kind enough to check province-wide inventory and their branch in Brossard had one. I called, they confirmed they had one left, and forty-five minutes later I was the proud new owner of a 32Gb Playbook.

Let the fun begin!

FWIW, the 16Gb version at $149 is still an awesome deal and if you're looking for one, head to the Wireless Etc (Sans-fil Etc) booth at your local Costco.

BTW, I asked if they had stock of 32Gb units in the Toronto area and, although he only gave it a cursory look, it looks like they're sold out. However, don't take my word for it, check for yourself.
    Snap51 likes this.
    02-04-12 06:20 PM
    Walmart price matched for me.
    intellekt likes this.
    02-04-12 06:26 PM
    London drugs seemed to be the best bet for a lot of people on price matching
    02-04-12 06:33 PM
    All Telus store were sold right out across greater Vancouver. I walked right into a London Drugs in Maple Ridge (where i live) and got one with a price match no problem. They dude at the counter said "We will price match if the closest Telus store has inventory". He never checked with Telus. He walked right over to the back room and walked out with a PB in 2 seconds.
    02-04-12 06:54 PM
    Got 1 16gb and 1 64gb. I guess will pick up a 32gb to complete the set. Hehehe
    02-04-12 09:08 PM
    picked up the last one at my nearest walmart. glad it was a 32GB playbook. didnt have a printout of the telus ad but i just showed them the price on the blacks.ca website. it actually said out of stock but they still gave it.
    02-04-12 09:42 PM
    Tried numreous Walmarts in the area (Vaughan, ON). Even though Walmart website states they are in stock, all but one claimed they were out of stock (16 and 32). So - either these stores are PM'ing and selling out, or they are shelving merchandise until the sale ends. The remaining store (Aurora) would not Price Match against Telus. No reson given - they just won't. I asked about PM'ing against Blacks, and was asked what they are selling it for (this is from the manager). Clearly this is all that matters to the manager there. I was told they could not PM against that either, and I needed a printed flyer anyway to get consideration. I checked the Walmart PM policy and that is not the case. Also, they should PM against Telus given their own policy - no reason why not. I guess they will PM an item for you, as long as you're not actually getting a real deal elsewhere.
    02-05-12 10:43 AM
    I'd like to thank retrofinn for the tip about Wireless Etc.

I just purchased a 32Gb Blackberry PlayBook for $149 from Sans-fil Etc (Wireless Etc en fran�ais) at the Costco in Brossard, QC. It was their last one and, according to their inventory status, there are none left in Montreal and only a handful remaining in the province of Qu�bec and in far flung places at that (i.e. can you say Chicoutimi and Rimouski?).

Telus's PlayBook sale had caught my eye (32Gb @ $149) on this forum yesterday but, after calling six stores, none were available in the Montreal area.

Encouraged by the success of other forum members, I headed to my neighbourhood FutureShop, with a printed copy of the Telus ad, where I learned they would not price-match. They claimed to have called Telus, earlier in the day, and discovered the price was only available as part of a 3-year phone contract.

That sounded plausible but unlikely given what I read on this forum. I headed to BestBuy where they didn't give me any song and dance and flatly refused to price-match Telus.

I did some shopping at Costco where I happened to walk by the Sans-Fil Etc booth without inquiring about their PlayBooks (doh!).

FutureShop's response didn't sit well with me. A Telus was nearby so I paid them a visit. They confirmed that the PlayBook was being sold off without any commitment to purchase a phone contract.

I went back to FutureShop and asked to speak to the manager. In the hour that had passed since my first visit to the store, Telus had removed the ad from their web-site. He saw the hard-copy of the ad and indicated that they would not normally price-match an item that was being sold-off. Telus's ad clearly indicated the offer was valid until stock was depleted.

Nevertheless, he was fair and offered to sell the 16Gb version at $149 and the 32Gb at $199. He wrote the prices on the hard-copy and explained the offer was good until Sunday (tomorrow). I walked out knowing that if i couldn't find it at a better price on Saturday, I could always return to Futureshop.

Today, I headed to the Costco in Pointe-Claire, walked up to the Sans-fil etc booth, and was pleased to learn they did have PlayBooks in stock and both the 16Gb and 32Gb versions were being sold for $149. Unfortunately, they were out of the 32Gb version; the last one was sold on Friday! Doh! Had I inquired the previous day I might have been its owner. They were kind enough to check province-wide inventory and their branch in Brossard had one. I called, they confirmed they had one left, and forty-five minutes later I was the proud new owner of a 32Gb Playbook.

Let the fun begin!

FWIW, the 16Gb version at $149 is still an awesome deal and if you're looking for one, head to the Wireless Etc (Sans-fil Etc) booth at your local Costco.

BTW, I asked if they had stock of 32Gb units in the Toronto area and, although he only gave it a cursory look, it looks like they're sold out. However, don't take my word for it, check for yourself.
    I'm pleased to have been of service as a newbie. Don't forget Wireless etc /Costco offers a 90 day return policy. It's the best in my opinion.
    02-06-12 03:01 PM
    Is a 32 for $210 shipped a good deal?

Im trying to get an idea of what I can get for mine.
    Last edited by Lampoon; 02-07-12 at 08:42 AM.
    jrarrmy likes this.
    02-07-12 08:36 AM
    Anyone have a pdf or img of the telus ad copy?
    Would love to wander around the Peg and see if anyone wants to pricematch.

Sky
    02-07-12 11:14 AM
    not the best but here you go

02-07-12 11:34 AM
    This the ad for playbook on Telus web site.

Attachment 102218
    02-07-12 11:39 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD