ok, so disclaimer first, this has worked for me, anyone trying this should check their online bill to make sure it works for them so they dont get hit with a big bill.

right, with that outta the way, i should also point out im on the yourplan priceplan series from vodafone uk, so other versions may/may not work. again, if youve got any worries, note when you tether, then give it 2 days and check your online bill in the unbilled useage tab, find the time in question and you`ll see if youve been charged or not, then go from there.

i was stuck on the train on the way back from the BB7 event in london, and wanted to upload some stuff from my playbook, so figured id try summat on the tethering, so i hooked up my 9800 in the tethering options screen, and selected the `vodafone uk pay monthly` option, now here your presented with two text input fields for connection info. these are automatically populated with web as the username and web is also the password (you may wish to note those for future use). delete both fields, and replace both with wap. this will now use the wap APN instead, and therefore use your phones data allowance rather than an additional charge.

it really is that simple. of course i`kll stress it again, check your online bill to make sure this is working for you, and of course remember that you will get charged if you go over your data allowance, so of course keep an eye on that too.

hope this helps save some people some pennies
    08-05-11 07:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD