How do I force playbook bb browser to show a normal web page, such as Google +.
    03-16-12 07:38 PM
    You could try Simple Browser if you are having a problem. My experience is that it does show normal web pages not the mobile site like my BB unless I am bridged. Than it might show the mobile site and I just choose the full web page option that is normal at the bottom
    03-16-12 07:46 PM
    It depends on the website. The problem is that most websites assume tablet = mobile device = mobile website. Usually if you scroll down to the bottom there'll be a link that says something like "full site", and clicking on that will get you the full site, but some websites aren't that nice and if they are even possible to get the full website you'll need some hackery. Another thing you can do is buy "Simple Browser" (I think that's the name) and change the user string to tell the website that you're FireFox, and then you'll always get the full site, but the PlayBook won't be mentioned in their website statistics.
    03-16-12 07:50 PM
    You could try Simple Browser if you are having a problem. My experience is that it does show normal web pages not the mobile site like my BB unless I am bridged. Than it might show the mobile site and I just choose the full web page option that is normal at the bottom
    I installed simple browser and it's a file manager, not a web browser.

Update: i found the browser after a google search, (app world search sucks bad, rim need to turn it over to google or bing.)
    I'll start with the free simple browser, using it right now in foxfire mode, off to see if it works on non mobile google+.

Update 2: simple browser does indeed force google+ to display in normal and not mobile view, yeah!, does the pro version have bookmarks?

Update 3: answered my own question, pro ver does have bookmark capability.
    Last edited by mawil1013; 03-16-12 at 08:15 PM.
    03-16-12 07:52 PM
    SimpleBrowser is an alternative browser. File Manager is another program to view and move files.
    03-16-12 08:02 PM
    Dolphin Browser and Skyfox are both available for the playbook...both use full web pages rather than the mobile version.
    03-16-12 08:14 PM
    I'd like my browser to just stop shutting itself down and displaying the dreaded checkerboard. OS2 has this as a major bug and I know people at RIM that agree the browser has major problems and they were even worse when they were part of the internal beta testing.

As for displaying the full site, I have the ones that I frequently use saved as favorites. Also, if you Google the site (ie. An MLB or NFL team name) then that will usually bring up the full site.
    03-16-12 08:24 PM
    How do I force playbook bb browser to show a normal web page, such as Google +.

When you go to the Google+ site click on the home icon in my he lower right corner will be a setting cog, tap it and the setting for desktop view will be present.
    darktoy likes this.
    03-16-12 10:51 PM
    Dude
    Are you really that impatient that you couldn't wait more than ten minutes for an answer in your first thread before you had to start this one?
    03-16-12 11:34 PM
    ^^ was wondering on the coincidence..

I think its when you bridge browse its sometimes impossible to load the full version..

Visiting a site through google search does infact load the desktop version but not for all sites..
    03-16-12 11:51 PM
    When you go to the Google+ site click on the home icon in my he lower right corner will be a setting cog, tap it and the setting for desktop view will be present.
    Great, that does work and i don't need another browser!!
    03-17-12 08:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD