I have my Work email via MS Exchange, personal Yahoo, and various Hotmail accounts ( I know, too much ).

So I can filter my emails by each Account. I can select which Calendars to see by selected Accounts. But I cannot filter my Contacts list by Account?

Favorite selection function is not ideal for me. At any given time I want to only deal with my several hundred Work Contacts. Other times, I want to only see my numerous personal Contacts.

If I create a new Contact in PB, which Account is the name saved in?

Did I miss something?
    diegonei and El Cid like this.
    08-07-12 05:29 PM
    Excellent question @AliasCBG, I would also like to know the answer(s) to this issue. Thanks for bringing this topic to light.
    08-07-12 11:49 PM
    In contact search use the *.
    *yahoo or *gmail, etc.
    Zildjian71 likes this.
    08-08-12 12:46 AM
    Hmm. I don't think that is what I'm looking for. Searching *yahoo seems to give me Contacts with the word yahoo in it.

What I would like is to only look at my company's Contact List which may or may not include yahoo accounts. Then later I also want to only see all my contacts from my personal email account separately.
    08-08-12 04:31 AM
    From what I can see you can set "fiters", business, personal, custome filters. BUT each contact will need to be set to the appropriate category. ProbAbly not something you would be too eager to do.
    08-08-12 05:43 AM
    If the email address contains the company's name then using the * also works. Eg *Ford
    (it'll also pull up people named Ford).

If it's just a person's name you'll need to add the company to the profile in the contact area. Click on the name and then select the blue pen icon on the bottom right. Add the contact's company name on that line. Save the change. Now when you search by the company's name that person will appear along with all the other people you've added the company's name to.

Hope this was what you were asking about.
    08-08-12 05:54 AM
    08-08-12 11:50 AM
    Thanks Snow_,

Unfortunately, your solution is not workable for me.

1. My company directory does not just include addresses with internal employees with one domain. We have subsidiaries/divisions, outside vendors, and clients who do not share our email domain.

2. Not practical to add a common identifier (to use when filtering) in each company contact as there as there are several hundred in our directory. In addition, this is the company directory. I doubt that I have write access to change each contact to my liking.

My iOS and Android devices are able split Contacts by accounts without having to do workaround. Maybe BB10 will address this?
    08-08-12 12:04 PM
    Excellent question @AliasCBG, I would also like to know the answer(s) to this issue. Thanks for bringing this topic to light.
    Ditto for me - I have WAY too many FB friends...
    08-08-12 03:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD