Box.com had 50G free storage on their servers. Not sure if the offer is still available. For many 16G on the device is plenty. For others 64G is insufficient. I can't fit all my music in 64G so I opted for the 32G PB and keep about 25G on the device and box.com has the rest.
    Your mileage may vary and you cannot upgrade the on board memory.
    07-25-12 10:02 AM
    If you primarily use it for surfing and a few games 16gb is fine...no problem with mine.
    07-29-12 03:24 AM
    All tablets and newer ultrabooks are cloud centric. Which mrsns they work best with your desktop or laptop. You load and unload what you currently want to carry with you as well as access the cloud. The cloud works great for documents, streaming music, accessing photos. Save your memory for movies if that's your thing. Otherwise cloud is the new thing.
    07-29-12 08:20 AM
    All tablets and newer ultrabooks are cloud centric. Which mrsns they work best with your desktop or laptop. You load and unload what you currently want to carry with you as well as access the cloud. The cloud works great for documents, streaming music, accessing photos. Save your memory for movies if that's your thing. Otherwise cloud is the new thing.
    While you are probably right, maybe it is my dsl being modest but uploading stuff to the cloud seems to take forever using my desktop hardwired to the router. Just sending a folder of pictures ran well over an hour. I could spend months uploading my music. Since that was MY experience, I've really not gone much further and have not really downloaded anything to the pb from the cloud.

I won't even begin to discuss the entire security aspect and I'm sure a few of my tv shows violate some copyright laws that the cloud may not be worrying/policing about yet but might in the future.
    07-29-12 09:19 AM
    While you are probably right, maybe it is my dsl being modest but uploading stuff to the cloud seems to take forever using my desktop hardwired to the router. Just sending a folder of pictures ran well over an hour. I could spend months uploading my music. Since that was MY experience, I've really not gone much further and have not really downloaded anything to the pb from the cloud.

I won't even begin to discuss the entire security aspect and I'm sure a few of my tv shows violate some copyright laws that the cloud may not be worrying/policing about yet but might in the future.
    Sounds like you have the Smithsonian archives, lol.
    Yep, tablets have limits but so do laptops compared to desktops when it comes to memory storage. Which is why for at least today, tablets and some laptops work best as a secondary tool to a desktop pc. Get a terabyte hd and decide what you must have on your tablet, then what you want available as needed and put that on the cloud, for all the rest, you know, the stuff your never or rarely gonna use but just can't seem to part with, put on the terabyte hd.
    07-29-12 09:44 AM
    How far will 16 Gb's go??
    When thrown out of frustration, they can go quite a ways.
    07-29-12 08:32 PM
    I would get the 64GB anytime. > No worries in term of available space.
    I agree, I have the 32GB version and I only have 2.3 GB of space left. I'd say go for the 64GB just to be on the safe side.
    07-30-12 02:15 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD