Hi, I bought Splashtop yesterday and it works great. I was wondering how it actually works!...if I am watching a video on it the video is obviously downloading to stream on my laptop...but how does it stream to my playbook? Does it split the stream or does it download it twice? I think it must be somehow streaming from the laptop as the sound goes off on the laptop and plays on my Playbook . Sorry for asking but I need to know as I have a limited amount of data with the package I am on with my ISP .

Thanks for you help
    Last edited by loreburne; 01-13-12 at 07:10 PM. Reason: I can not spell!
    01-13-12 07:04 PM
    Have you looked at their site online? I'll check it out tomorrow, but I really do like it no matter how it works. I'm now connected to 3 computers at work that are interfaced with certain operations (hotel stuff) AND I can now troubleshoot from my Playbook! Too freakin' cool!!!!
    Bisboxer likes this.
    01-13-12 08:11 PM
    Have you looked at their site online? I'll check it out tomorrow, but I really do like it no matter how it works. I'm now connected to 3 computers at work that are interfaced with certain operations (hotel stuff) AND I can now troubleshoot from my Playbook! Too freakin' cool!!!!
    You might want to toss a promiscuous-mode network adapter between your home router and the BlackBerry PlayBook to determine if the connection is encrypted or clear-text. Some people on this forum claim the non-professional version lacks encryption but I have yet to verify that claim for myself. Since you are using Splashtop for business-use maybe upgrading to the professional version is necessary.
    01-13-12 08:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD