Well we'll soon see what limitations are exposed between all platforms very soon.
    I suppose we might. I was speaking of the present, but neither of us knows what the future holds.
    10-14-12 10:57 AM
    I suppose we might. I was speaking of the present, but neither of us knows what the future holds.
    I've already accepted we won't see much improvement with the PB until BB10. That's just how it rolls. However in this Beta rate offering in software terms performs as well as it does, one doesn't have to look far to see what's coming.
    10-14-12 11:10 AM
    I've already accepted we won't see much improvement with the PB until BB10. That's just how it rolls. However in this Beta rate offering in software terms performs as well as it does, one doesn't have to look far to see what's coming.
    But you have no clue what the competition is cooking up either. Anyway, we agree on the basics, just have different opinions of the impact on the consumer market. We will see.
    esk369 likes this.
    10-14-12 11:18 AM
    But you have no clue what the competition is cooking up either. Anyway, we agree on the basics, just have different opinions of the impact on the consumer market. We will see.
    That's very true We'll have to wait and see
    esk369 likes this.
    10-14-12 11:20 AM
    Using the scenario that you described, I can create and post a video and show which one of us is full of BS.
    Please do. I love fiction.

RCK

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    10-14-12 12:32 PM
    This imo is one of those rare threads that you can actually learn something from a lot of big brains here and I mean that as the highest complement I didn't have high expectations for this thread but it has certainly surpassed being just a good thread.
    I JUST SEE IT AS NO NEED TO BE A HATER BLACKBERRY ANDROID OR APPLE AS LONG AS IT WORKS FOR THE INDIVIDUAL.
    I've made jokes about other platforms in good nature but I've learned so much from so many on these boards its opened up my mind to trying out other platforms and I think that this thread is a great example a little cantankerous at times but for the most part very civil and that I like.
    So I would like to thank all who participated in this thread just for keeping it real and keeping it civil for the most part.
    GREAT THREAD PEOPLE:-)
    10-14-12 01:03 PM
    Please do. I love fiction.

RCK

Shall we make it a wager then? If I successfully demonstrate your 30 point scenario without encountering the problems that you claim are inevitable, will you change your signature to text of my choice?
    10-14-12 01:08 PM
    Shall we make it a wager then? If I successfully demonstrate your 30 point scenario without encountering the problems that you claim are inevitable, will you change your signature to text of my choice?
    I would love to see this just keep the gloves on gentlemen.
    10-14-12 01:10 PM
    I would love to see this just keep the gloves on gentlemen.
    Me to. To be fair though, I think both would need to submit a video.
    esk369 likes this.
    10-14-12 01:32 PM
    I am ready to create my video if RKENNEDY is willing to back up his claims with actions.

Can someone recommend a video upload site (non-Youtube)? I don't want to use my YouTube account for this.
    Last edited by notafanboy; 10-14-12 at 02:26 PM.
    10-14-12 02:09 PM
    I am ready to create my video if RKENNEDY is willing to back up his claims with actions.

Can someone recommend a video upload site (non-Youtube)? I don't want to use my YouTube account for this.
    You're the one with something to prove here so get on with it or go home. I've already seen this movie and I know how it ends, so...good luck!

RCK

10-14-12 02:32 PM
    You're the one with something to prove here so get on
    Wrong. This is to DISPROVE a claim you made about the limitations of Android. The objective is to simply to show the truth.

If you are confident about your claims, post a video doing the same scenario (that YOU put together, mind you) on the PB. Then the interested parties, of which there are a few in this thread, can make up their own minds.

The fact that you don't even want to make a "just for fun" wager means you have little confidence in your claims.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    10-14-12 02:37 PM
    Wrong. This is to DISPROVE a claim you made about the limitations of Android. The objective is to simply to show the truth.

If you are confident about your claims, post a video doing the same scenario (that YOU put together, mind you) on the PB. Then the interested parties, of which there are a few in this thread, can make up their own minds.

The fact that you don't even want to make a "just for fun" wager means you have little confidence in your claims.
    No, it means I'm not going to waste any more time debating an obvious troll. The PB's ability to handle the workload I described was never in question, and your attempt to change the subject by turning it into some kind of wager is simply to distract from your original post.

Bottom Line: You made a claim about Android and now you need to back it up. The fact that you're still dancing around the subject instead of posting your "proof" just makes you look even more like a fanboy troll.

RCK

10-14-12 02:50 PM
    No, it means I'm not going to waste any more time debating an obvious troll. The PB's ability to handle the workload I described was never in question, and your attempt to change the subject by turning it into some kind of wager is simply to distract from your original post.

Bottom Line: You made a claim about Android and now you need to back it up. The fact that you're still dancing around the subject instead of posting your "proof" just makes you look even more like a fanboy troll.

RCK

Way to be civil. Maybe don't make claims you're not willing to back up.
    10-14-12 02:58 PM

I will be uploading the video in a few mintues, the actual ETA being decided by Rogers upload speed.

If you are so sure I am a troll (an obvious one) then there's no risk in making a wager right? Actually I am questioning the the productivity of PB vs Android in the workload that you described. Wouldn't it be great to have both videos so we can debate based on evidence and not empty words?
    esk369 likes this.
    10-14-12 02:58 PM
    dude...the Super "BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK TABLET" its a Great Tool for Multitasking and Everything else...
    With the new update 2.1, works wonders the Smartphone BB Bridge.
    You can do MANY activities with the PlayBook, of course, If you have enough knowledge about Mobile PC's.
    I love my Smartphone BB Storm2 and my BB Playbook. They are a great pair of tech.
    10-14-12 03:03 PM
    I hope the video shows plain vanilla Android, and not some 3rd party stuff (device manufacturers INCLUDED).

Apps, widgets and customizations do not count.

If it is not possible to replicate over the whole platform, it can't be counted as a feature from the OS. It would be even better you could show it on devices running 2.x, but I'll accept vanilla 4.x as proof.
    10-14-12 03:17 PM
    [QUOTE=rkennedy01;7677409]No, it means I'm not going to waste any more time debating an obvious troll. The PB's ability to handle the workload I described was never in question, and your attempt to change the subject by turning it into some kind of wager is simply to distract from your original post.]
    If you want to decline then decline whatever your reason for what its worth I wouldn't think any less of you.
    No need to resort to this if the poster is a troll in your opinion then thats fine let everyone judge for themselves .
    I would still love to see the comparison.
    10-14-12 03:19 PM
    I hope the video shows plain vanilla Android, and not some 3rd party stuff (device manufacturers INCLUDED).

If it is not possible to replicate over the whole platform, it can't be counted as a feature from the OS. It would be even better you could show it on devices running 2.x, but I'll accept vanilla 4.x as proof.
    Who are you to decide the "rules"? Let him post the video, and then pose your arguments as to the validity. There weren't any stipulations made in the original claim, why should you make them now?
    10-14-12 03:23 PM
    Reasons are there. If you can't see the validity of them as a fair comparison point, then I say "fault is in the eye of the beholder".

If it is not possible to replicate over the whole platform, it can't be counted as a feature from the OS.
    10-14-12 03:33 PM
    I just don't see any thing final about the PlayBook as an end product. I see it at this point as development hardware of sorts. The OS itself is not BB10 but rather an intermediary OS. It is perhaps what was going to be RIM's nexgen OS at one point in time -- with its interface and multi-tasking model.

BB10 phones *might* have some reasonable limitations on the multi-tasking. I guess the dev alphas have a limit to 8 apps running at once, etc.

And yet the base core of the OS below would still be similar to the PlayBook. So when the hardware allows and there are no worries about battery life; RIM can open things up easily. For example, if they start growing again and release revised tablets with BB10.
    10-14-12 03:36 PM
    Reasons are there. If you can't see the validity of them as a fair comparison point, then I say "fault is in the eye of the beholder".

If it is not possible to replicate over the whole platform, it can't be counted as a feature from the OS.
    You can draw your own conclusions. It's perfectly valid in my eyes. Calling difference of opinion a "fault" is rather petty. Sounds like a defence mechanism to defend the infallible Playbook.
    10-14-12 03:41 PM
    Ramble on mikeo007... Ramble on.... We know who we are...
    10-14-12 03:48 PM

No apps, widgets, or customizations? Apps were stipulated in RKENNEDY's scenario. Widgets and customizations? I'm not using them.

I'm using a Galaxy SIII in the video so it's not plain vanilla. There's no reason for me to root the device. In the video, I am not using any add-ons that Samsung included. Everything I do in the video should be replicable on Honeycomb and higher devices. The upload is very very slow, maybe I picked too high a resolution, but part 2 of the video should be ready in 10 minutes.
    esk369 likes this.
    10-14-12 03:48 PM
    No apps, widgets, or customizations? Apps were stipulated in RKENNEDY's scenario. Widgets and customizations? I'm not using them.

I'm using a Galaxy SIII in the video so it's not plain vanilla. There's no reason for me to root the device. In the video, I am not using any add-ons that Samsung included. Everything I do in the video should be replicable on Honeycomb and higher devices. The upload is very very slow, maybe I picked too high a resolution, but part 2 of the video should be ready in 10 minutes.
    Post it anyway I bet it will be very interesting to watch, but I think we already established he S III's multitasking prowess.

The issue is Android. And Android means vanilla. EDIT: So, no dual screen? Or can all Android devices do that?

What release does it use as base? 4.something? (Simple curiosity)
    esk369 likes this.
    10-14-12 03:54 PM
202 ... 23456 ...