Other then the obvious surfing the web, playing games and updating facebook.

How do you use your playbook in your day to day operations?
    12-12-11 01:15 PM
    Running the latest official release of OS 1.0.8.6067, I use mine for email, document editing/reading, games, (Dead Space and Duke Nukem 3D are my faves), photo and video, HDMI out for all kinds of things, (just got a 15 feet long HDMI cord to take me to the couch), bridging with my Blackberry, and remote control of my home PC when I'm at work just to name a few. Plus all the things you listed above. Using it now in fact to type this
    Hgouck likes this.
    12-12-11 01:49 PM
    Lol i only use it when i cant be bothered to use the laptop, i would use it more but it simply doesnt have enough apps. i was trying to jailbreak the thing and add android stuff but that stuff is way to advanced for me
    12-12-11 01:50 PM
    In my opinion, when most people get a device that takes part of the job away from a computer it is a secondary way of accessing the things you would normally there on a PC. That said, after I got my PlayBook, it was a roll reversal for me. The PlayBook is my primary computing device and if it can't be done on it, then I default to my PC. The portability of it to the car, work, the couch or where ever is a big win for me. I'm always trying to figure out what else it can do and how far I can push it's limits.
    Hgouck likes this.
    12-12-11 01:59 PM
    Lol i only use it when i cant be bothered to use the laptop, i would use it more but it simply doesnt have enough apps. i was trying to jailbreak the thing and add android stuff but that stuff is way to advanced for me
    Same here. I tried multiple times to add the android app player but I just kept failing at one point or another. So finally I just gave up on the damn thing.
    BEARD GANG likes this.
    12-12-11 02:03 PM
    Everything. I was using my wife's laptop before the PB. I use it for work, travel etc... I use the HDMI to play moves to my flatscreen. I connect to my Carbonite account (backup for laptop) and restore files (snag them in) remotely instead of desktop manager (file program). Cleaner and easier. Plus it has been said before, with the Bridge I am always connected.
    12-12-11 02:04 PM
    While sitting on the throne, looking up gourmet recipes for triple dark chocolate brownies and such.

Really, I use it quite a bit for reading, checking my investment portfolio (RIM, make me proud in February), video chat with overseas folks, to name a few.
    Hgouck and axllebeer like this.
    12-12-11 02:18 PM
    "While sitting on the throne"

Brilliant! One might be able to flush a phone, but good luck flushing a PlayBook by accident lol
    12-12-11 02:47 PM
    "While sitting on the throne"

Brilliant! One might be able to flush a phone, but good luck flushing a PlayBook by accident lol
    Bottoms up.

Cheers.
    12-12-11 02:58 PM
    It is my default pc now. The only thing I don't do is really long documents, quicken, or reply to an email that requires a long involved answer with attachments. I browse, I use kindle cloud reader, facebook, read and respond to gmail, read and respond to other bridged accounts, read twitter messages, news, vevo, etc, etc....
    12-12-11 03:16 PM
    Since its like a extension of my smartphone, I seem to use it for everything.
    12-12-11 03:27 PM
    Unfortunately, I am saddened to report I can only use it like everyone else can. I have an overpriced featureless black box which is disturbing and really strange given today's technology. Perhaps RIM should ask the military for top secret clearance level 38, so it can leverage some advanced technology.
    12-12-11 03:54 PM
    Running the latest official release of OS 1.0.8.6067, I use mine for email, document editing/reading, games, (Dead Space and Duke Nukem 3D are my faves), photo and video, HDMI out for all kinds of things, (just got a 15 feet long HDMI cord to take me to the couch), bridging with my Blackberry, and remote control of my home PC when I'm at work just to name a few. Plus all the things you listed above. Using it now in fact to type this
    what do you use for the remote control of your home pc?
    12-12-11 05:53 PM
    I use my PB for just about everything. Whether it's for getting my daily dose of new, doing research, reading ebooks, listening to music , or watching videos. I can't even remember the last time I fired up the old laptop.

The Playbook has changed the way I spend my time. I am no longer stuck at home or lugging a heavy cumbersome laptop around. Now, I can go anywhere and do anything, while carrying my little window to the world around with me.
    12-12-11 06:30 PM
    Unfortunately, I am saddened to report I can only use it like everyone else can. I have an overpriced featureless black box which is disturbing and really strange given today's technology. Perhaps RIM should ask the military for top secret clearance level 38, so it can leverage some advanced technology.
    I heard little violins playing while reading this.
    justincase1911 and Mr.Monty like this.
    12-12-11 06:36 PM
    It's a touch screen.......I use my fingers.
    12-12-11 06:40 PM
    I usually have adopted my playbook as my laptop. I own a son vaio laptop but rarely use it now that i've bought the blackberry playbook. I use it primarily to surf the web, listen to music, watch movies, read, read email etc. Generally, I use it for everything! I'm very excited for february 2012, as long as everything goes as planned with RIM, because then v. 2.0 will be released along with the android player and I'll be able to do 100x more on my playbook!
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    12-12-11 07:18 PM
    Good post south 50
    12-12-11 07:19 PM
    It is with me all the time, except at night when we are both in sleep mode, recharging. I use the Citrix app to access servers at work if I'm not there. The browser works great for managing our VZW lines and for searching for information when it is hard to have a computer nearby. We've also started using the video chat app with my guy in our LA office. Makes support so much easier when you can actually see what they're talking about. It's also awesome for accessing contact info or info in an email in your phone, when your are on your phone.

It also provides me with a lot of entertainment. I've got many hours of one of my favorite talk radio DJs downloaded to it to listen to on my lunch break and other times, but it definitely requires headphones at work. I also stream the show from radioio.com in the mornings. I play a bunch of games on it, read my GMail and news, and of course, a lot of CB. I shoot video and take pics with it. Watch TV shows and movies. It's replaced a laptop for me on several trips, for both work and personal.

While sitting on the throne, looking up gourmet recipes for triple dark chocolate brownies and such.
    I prefer to say "It gives me internet in places I wouldn't have brought it before and leave the details to the imagination...

Hope you weren't planning on selling that PlayBook, it has been flagged:

alnamvet68 likes this.
    12-12-11 07:20 PM
    it is with me all the time, except at night when we are both in sleep mode, recharging. I use the citrix app to access servers at work if i'm not there. The browser works great for managing our vzw lines and for searching for information when it is hard to have a computer nearby. We've also started using the video chat app with my guy in our la office. Makes support so much easier when you can actually see what they're talking about. It's also awesome for accessing contact info or info in an email in your phone, when your are on your phone.

It also provides me with a lot of entertainment. I've got many hours of one of my favorite talk radio djs downloaded to it to listen to on my lunch break and other times, but it definitely requires headphones at work. I also stream the show from radioio.com in the mornings. I play a bunch of games on it, read my gmail and news, and of course, a lot of cb. I shoot video and take pics with it. Watch tv shows and movies. It's replaced a laptop for me on several trips, for both work and personal.

I prefer to say "it gives me internet in places i wouldn't have brought it before and leave the details to the imagination...

hope you weren't planning on selling that playbook, it has been flagged:

Gives a whole new meaning to Stigmata.
    Last edited by alnamvet68; 12-12-11 at 07:31 PM.
    12-12-11 07:24 PM
    what do you use for the remote control of your home pc?
    I use LogMeIn through the PlayBook browser. There are limitations but check this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...0/#post6904091
    12-12-11 08:00 PM
    A very expensive paper weight!
    12-12-11 08:22 PM
    im a very mobile person who owns a 9810, a Samsung netbook and of course my Playbook.
    i love how i can just grab it out of my pocket finding an unsecured WiFi signal is too easy (malls,apartment buildings,condos,houses....etc to surf the net its awesome
    Id be walking around the mall taking pics or video clips so naturally.
    Best is when i get a few girls asking me what is it only to eventually have them buy one or getting their number/bbm pin lol
    i cant wait for the 2.0 OS release very exciting moment .
    12-12-11 08:24 PM
    for those that are watching movies on your PB, where are you getting them from? free? paid? download? if so, from where? my fam wants to get it for me for xmas and i am just trying to make sure it's what i want/need.....
    also, if i have a cd of a movie, is there a way to watch it on the pb?
    12-12-11 08:34 PM
    For movies, folks either rip their dvd using various software programs on their computers or find them online in both legal and questionable locations.
    RussianGoddess likes this.
    12-12-11 08:54 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD