Man......I work as a Chef and a Musician.So I keep my Recipes and My Repertoire all in the P.B.
    PDF Files are constantly Burning.Not to mention The Youtube Videos or the Food Network Cooking procedures to get me out of trouble.My Wife is Jealous, She has an Ipad,But PlayBook Blows it away!
    jtv1 likes this.
    09-04-14 03:56 PM
    Our family has 3 PBs. One 16g, two 64g. Used for a lot of surfing, emails, music, games, You Tube, movies HDMI to TV. I have many professional presentations loaded. Love being able to have lots of apps open while tethered HDMI to a big screen & bridged to Z10. Use Print to Go a lot, and because it is so fast & easy it has saved me numerous times. The big project this summer is landscaping our new house. Being able to look at the plant list & plans while shopping or in the yard has been great. When I sold our last house I could show pictures of the place, which was a real asset. Nice to be able to show documents & videos of my husband's restoration of his antique cars at shows.

When we first got the PBs we only used them for a few things. Uses kept expanding, and now they Are so tightly woven into our lives I don't know what we would do without them. Every so often we talk about getting something else, but so far nothing fully replaces them. HDMI out & Bridge are probably the most valuable. We wonder if Passport will be the replacement.

Posted via CB from "Z" best
    jtv1 likes this.
    09-04-14 05:12 PM
    The former can be done, I think, using Kalemsoft Media Player, while the latter, I believe, is not possible on the Playbook. Anyhow, you don't need DLNA or Kalemsoft (a paid app) to stream media to your Playbook. There are other ways to do it.
    Don't leave me hanging! How do you do it?!
    jtv1 likes this.
    09-06-14 11:54 AM
    The cheapest (free) way, is to use one of the android file browsers that can connect over wifi to your PC- either Ghost Commander (in app world) or the sideloaded ES File Explorer or X-Plore File Manager. For any of these to work, you must first set up file sharing on your PC and then share folders containing any media that you want to stream. Now, in Ghost Commander, from its homescreen, tap on "Windows Share", then input the ip address of your PC, and use the username of Guest. From here you then should see your Windows folders. Navigate to your media, then tap on a file that you want to stream (you may not get a choice of media players to use- choose one) and you should be set. The process is not the same, but is similar in ES and X-Plore. There are also a couple of paid native apps that will allow this, one of which is Streaming Now, but these need dedicated servers running on your PC- the android apps don't need these servers.
    ChrisBB2011 likes this.
    09-06-14 12:16 PM
    For me it's a wonderful entertainment oriented device:

* Kalemsoft for videos (local and dlna to universalmediaserver)
    * Comics with the comics app
    * ebooks with PlayEpub
    * play.spotify.com via the stock browser
    * playespn and foxplay same way
    * youtube with the stock app
    * remote desktop with accesstogo
    * file management with AIR browser
    * files protection with File Shield
    * network file transfer with Ghost Commander (android based but couldn't find a good native one), and FTPzilla server side (faster than SMB)
    * Magellan Compass for gps/maps stuff

Wolf

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 likes this.
    09-06-14 01:47 PM
    i use it every day, fits easy into my briefcase
    waiting rooms like doc office, airports, in buses and trains, as long I have a 3G connection bridged to my BB 9780
    emails, stock quotes, MS office 365 in the webbrowser
    if on WIFI i watched the US Open tennis, through my Cable provider RCN I can watch European soccer games
    You Tube movies
    And I bring it to the Gym to listen to music
    and I use Flickr to show my pictures to friends
    Use Files and folders
    a lot of emails

Plus a have a Lenovo Tablet 2 Running WIN 8,1
    jtv1 likes this.
    09-14-14 11:08 AM
    I like my playbook

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 likes this.
    09-15-14 09:38 AM
    First 64gb unit is a picture frame/alarm clock on the nightstand, and sometimes goes on the road as the Nav device with Magellan Compass. My second 64gb unit is tied to the audio/media system for music (with a BB Music Gateway).

My Z30 has taken over the day to day duties of the Playbooks.
    It's what the Playbook should have been......

c
    jtv1 likes this.
    09-15-14 11:12 AM
    use the blackberry bridge feature as charging my phone and was able to reply to bbm, sms and email all day, along with recording the audio of the seminar, even when mulit-tasking will have to say it seems faster multi-tasking on the playbook then the z10 , going into different apps quicker , had a super productive day !
    jtv1 likes this.
    09-15-14 02:30 PM
    First 64gb unit is a picture frame/alarm clock on the nightstand,
    c
    What soft do you use for pictureframe?

I want to use my Playbook as an photalbum when I travel.
    Any recommendation for the picture viewer?

Thanks
    jtv1 likes this.
    09-17-14 01:59 PM
    I don't. I use my Sony Xperia Z (10" screen) or my Nexus 5 phone. In fact, I just wiped my Playbook so I can put it up for sale. What's a 64 GB device in great shape worth?
    09-19-14 12:25 PM
    Finally got a clean 16gb one as a second unit for about $55 shipped. I was not going to pay a lot for a second unit, but frankly, I still like the Playbook OS enough that I plan to keep using until the batteries wear out. Now I can have one at work and at home. Would give one to my wife, but it's too small for her - she is holding out for a 9" 'something' one of these days. The Playbook lives (for a little bit longer)! Silly Blackberry. They bailed out too soon.
    09-19-14 02:10 PM
    Finally got a clean 16gb one as a second unit for about $55 shipped. I was not going to pay a lot for a second unit, but frankly, I still like the Playbook OS enough that I plan to keep using until the batteries wear out. Now I can have one at work and at home. Would give one to my wife, but it's too small for her - she is holding out for a 9" 'something' one of these days. The Playbook lives (for a little bit longer)! Silly Blackberry. They bailed out too soon.
    I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab S, 10.5 inches. I am really fumbling with the OS. I seriously miss the Swipe current app to the background with instant access to any of my other apps in frames or even just getting easily to all of my icons. Also, while my Playbook is encased in an Otterbox, I have a feeling that the 10.5 inch size is too unwieldy. The width when in one hand or even two tends to pivot it when trying to use a finger to take action.

We shall see but Costco's return policy (along with the current slightly reduced price) is what induced this purchase.
    09-21-14 10:33 AM
    Get windows tab. I miss nothing about the playbook. I still have swipes.
    09-21-14 10:43 AM
    Get windows tab. I miss nothing about the playbook. I still have swipes.
    Which one do you have? I have a feeling larger is not better as noted in my comments. The size-weight balance seems to make one handed use with the other swiping or controlling functions a bit awkward. I know Costco is going to offer the 12 inch Surface which is even larger besides much more pricy.

The other issue I see with this Android thingy, is "privacy" - ever app seems to want access to everything.

"mumble, mumble.............. decisions, decisions..............)
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-21-14 11:08 AM
    Strictly movies and music at this point. If I decide not to sell then I will move it into my truck permanently.
    09-21-14 07:42 PM
    Sorry, only because I cant deal with the speed of the browser. Everything else is great and I still think it is one of the smoothest tablets despite being nearly 5 years old.
    jtv1 likes this.
    09-21-14 07:43 PM
    I've given up on browser. Even with origami and Java adjustments...just too slow and irratic. Use my z10 for browsing. BUT for music, nature sound relaxation at bed, movies via Handbrake and some games...it's my media fun they. Also a good photo album. Side loaded Evernote so can use as memopad at conferences too if in a pinch. An amazing device...so sad it has missed it's potential.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 08:12 PM
    Oh yes...as a Kindle reader with sideload Kindle app...overall it's a valuable tool on trips or on nightstand at home....wish I had gotten one sooner...

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 likes this.
    09-21-14 08:14 PM
    Also found that Manage It + Dropbox / Box / Gdrive + Evernote sideload is awesomely usefull

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 07:39 AM
    I use it to stream music to my stereo via the blackberry gateway. Other then that it's all my kids watching movies and playing games

?
    09-24-14 07:52 AM
    I wasn't expecting this, but i've just returned to my 16gb playbook. In a weird twist of fate and a long story short, i've given my new (as of june) Samung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 to my wife while I return to my playbook.
    Little did I know some of the apps are no longer supported - which makes things a bit difficult.
    I've always loved my playbook, and used it all the time however it's usage was limited when BB10 was released.

With having a Passport, I don't expect to use the Playbook that often. I can see the use, for when my phone is on the charger.

As a side note, wow am I ever going to miss the display that galaxy had. I mean things were so crisp!

Posted via CB10

*edit - for so many reasons, I haven't the slightest clue what I type originally lol
    Last edited by bbmtna; 09-30-14 at 01:49 PM.
    09-29-14 08:55 PM
    I use mine extensively for ebook, and comic reader.
    I also do some retro gaming. Having a blast with nuke em duke em.
    Already ordered a micro hdmi cable to use bridge on my z30 and my TV.
    Also I have the 4gLTE model.ans have successfully connected to the tmobile network.
    It's a great GPS albeit a little limited.
    Love my Playbook it's my first tablet ever.

Posted via my STA100-5 z30
    09-30-14 12:04 AM
    I don't really use it but it is handy for my kids for games and movies.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 12:29 PM
    Great for streaming radio. I use tv.tunein.com on the browser and have it saved to the home screen.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 01:24 PM
113 12345