When I first got my PB at Christmas I instinctively typed with my thumbs as I always have on my BB. Still is the way I type when holding it in my hands. When laying on a desk, I find I can type faster with my index fingers (keyboard is just to small to use all fingers).

Was curious how others type - thumbs or index fingers or something else?
    01-04-12 11:56 AM
    Thumbs for me! The way typing on a BB should be
    I also use an HP touchpad bluetooth keyboard when I want to type anything of significant length. Works great, with my PB on the charge stand.
    01-04-12 11:58 AM
    Index fingers when holding it horizontal, thumbs when holding it vertical, and the bluetooth keyboard that is part of my HipStreet Venture case/keyboard combo when I actually need to type more than a few words and care about correct spelling!
    Last edited by asherwiin; 01-04-12 at 01:14 PM.
    BERaddict likes this.
    01-04-12 12:01 PM
    Thumbs, in Landscape.
    01-04-12 12:02 PM
    I use both: thumbs if holding and fingers if it's flat.

Have to say, there is something very satisfying with the sound those keys make (has to be my favourite of any soft-keyboard feedback sound).
    rrrebo likes this.
    01-04-12 12:03 PM
    Thumbs when holding. Hunt and peck with index fingers laying down on something.
    pelletizer likes this.
    01-04-12 12:26 PM
    With great difficulty, like on any virtual keyboard.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-04-12 01:01 PM
    In portrait mode - thumbs -In landscape, with difficulty especially when holding it - I usually end up typing with one finger.

Waiting to be able to bluetooth and use my Bold keyboard to resolve this, plus to reclaim the screen real estate that the virtual keyboard requires.
    01-04-12 01:04 PM
    Thumbs when holding it, be it portrait or landscape. Prefer portrait, of course.

Patented Rrrebo 8-finger technique when standing it on a surface (thumbs, index, middle, ring fingers. And the occasional rogue pinky).
    01-04-12 01:09 PM
    I generally use thumbs to type on the PB in landscape.
    01-04-12 01:13 PM
    Before buying my playbook, I thought it would be ideal to type using my thumbs in portrait mode. However, upon actually getting my playbook and my OB Defender, I found that although it requires a bit of a stretch, it's much easier to type using my thumbs in landscape mode.
    I tried typing the conventional way (with all ten fingers) when it's flat on the table, but I find it a bit awkward, and end up having a lot of typos. Guess it just wasn't built to be used that way. LOL
    01-04-12 01:13 PM
    I use a stylus because my nails are too long to use a virtual keyboard efficiently with my fingers.
    01-04-12 01:14 PM
    I use it like a huge slab phone in landscape- all thumbs.
    01-04-12 01:16 PM
    I use it like a huge slab phone in landscape- all thumbs.
    Your avatar is simply disturbing...it freaks me out every time I scroll through the CrackBerry forums.
    01-04-12 01:37 PM
    Two thumbs. Just like i type on the Bold.
    Love this thing!
    01-04-12 02:18 PM
    Index finger only. I really dont like virtual keyboards. I avoid using them when I can. Im waiting for Blackjack to find a good solution, so I can try something that works better.
    Last edited by npunk42; 01-04-12 at 02:28 PM.
    01-04-12 02:25 PM
    when i am holding it, i use thumbs. When i have a flat surface, i can use all fingers, because i guess my hand is smaller. with all fingers, I can type about maybe half the speed i do on a laptop with all fingers
    01-04-12 02:33 PM
    Index finger only. I really dont like virtual keyboards. I avoid using them when I can. Im waiting for Blackjack to find a good solution, so I can try something that works better.
    MIDI out from the B3?
    01-04-12 02:37 PM
    Hunt and peck via Rocketfish stlus.
    01-04-12 02:42 PM
    Laid flat on a desk, I use two index fingers. Flopped on the couch, one index finger while holding it up with the other hand. Both ways I spend more time fixing mis-types and cussing than actually typing, which is why half of what I post here looks so ******** (and not because I actually am ********, as many of you might want to believe). I tried thumbs, but that doesn't work at all.
    01-04-12 02:46 PM
    MIDI out from the B3?
    They got a MIDI-to-micro USB adapter I don't know about????
    01-04-12 02:48 PM
    on my 9800 the keyboard has predictive input, but the play book does not. is there anyway to havd the same on the playbook?

i do find it is quite easy to type normally but, i spend all day touch typing. i do think predictive input would make it easier for everyone.
    01-04-12 02:55 PM
    with my nose!

i ruined my fingers due to RSI ! after a life time of playstation and mobile phone keyboard abuse!
    01-04-12 04:15 PM
    Thumbs in both portrait and landscape. I am still on the fence about if I like the keybord or not, but I'm getting quite good at it.
    01-04-12 04:39 PM
    on my 9800 the keyboard has predictive input, but the play book does not. is there anyway to havd the same on the playbook?

i do find it is quite easy to type normally but, i spend all day touch typing. i do think predictive input would make it easier for everyone.
    We are hoping it is an OPTION when OS2 is released. Option - since there are some who hate that feature. I want it and can chose to disable if I don't like it.
    01-04-12 06:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD