View Poll Results: How do you respond to people thinking your pb is an iPad

Voters
311. You may not vote on this poll
  • Anger - does this LOOK like an iPad you dolt!

19 6.11%
  • Teacher - no, it is a playbook, but let me show you how it works!

185 59.49%
  • Snob - ha...ipad...please, this is a real tablet!

79 25.40%
  • Desire - I wish...

3 0.96%
  • Fanboy - number 146 why the playbook is the best...

10 3.22%
  • Liar - yes...yes it is...

3 0.96%
  • Other

12 3.86%
    09-14-11 09:37 AM
    Last Saturday I had somebody carrying an iPhone and using a Macbook see my Playbook and say "Is that an iPad wanna-be?". I replied with "No, it's what the iPad wants to be.". I then proceeded to blow his mind with things you can't do on an iPad and after he said "wow" a few times, that was the end of that discussion.
    09-14-11 10:49 AM
    I just hook up my PB to my 50 inch LED TV via HDMI and than jaws start dropping like dominos!!!
    09-14-11 12:17 PM
    I'm from venezuela, we all use blackberry. But when it come to tables Ipad is the famous one. So when they ask me, I said NO, its a blackberry tablet, they usually say I want and Ipad. Then I show them my PB: open 5 apps, photos (my last trip to "Los Roques" , music, bridge bbm and mail (with their phone), tetris, browser with youtube and a facebook game. I show them the interface, the gestures, they love it.
    09-14-11 01:29 PM
    I just hook up my PB to my 50 inch LED TV via HDMI and than jaws start dropping like dominos!!!
    ditto. that's exactly what i do.
    09-14-11 01:35 PM
    Missed the Teacher option. Voted for other.

I simply tell them it isn't and if they're interested, I show them the features.

TBH, Sorry but reacting any other way is just sad/fanboy. Anger, Snob, Desire. Seriously.
    09-14-11 02:19 PM
    I always start by putting it in standby and showing them the swipe to wake. Then launch the browser, camera and NFS to show the multitasking and gestures. I pull up NFS and get a Quick Race ready, then flip to the camera, show them the video camera, flip to front facing cam, hit record slyly and then switch to NFS. I hand it to them and let them play, and then I coach them to swipe to the camera and stop it and they realize I just recorded them playing...
    09-14-11 05:28 PM
    just say..... No, this has hdmi, gps, full flash, true multitasking & 1 gig of ram
    09-14-11 06:26 PM
    All i wanna say is that brand and product are two different things.. that is a simple thing that many people are making mistakes of..

by:

United Gold Direct

kubuntu 11.04 for windows

Philippine Arena
    09-15-11 03:48 AM
    usually a swift chuck-norris like round house kick to the head leaves them speechless
    09-15-11 07:32 AM
    I can honstely say no one has asked me what it is.

Guess either everyone in the UK already knows, or they just don't care.
    09-15-11 09:29 AM
    Just say its the new Blackberry iPad. More portable, lighter, sharper screen better cameras and sound! (proceed to show turtle movie).

Getting angry is just ridiculous...its like you asking for a Kleenex, and someone says "That's not a Kleenex *diot, they're called Scotties! Does this look like a Kleenex to you? "
    09-15-11 11:15 AM
    Haha I just tell them to try and go to YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. on their iToy
    09-15-11 11:46 AM
    I hit them over the head with it, and then start up a movie and tell them an iPad wouldn't still be working now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-11 01:41 PM
    I've had a kid ask me if it was an ipad.

I've had an ipad owner ask me to show it to him & his wife and they were really impressed. Especially because he couldn't view his ipad in sunlight. Where as he could see my playbook fine in direct sun.
    09-15-11 01:55 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD