So I accidentally downloaded some .apk app through an ad in another app, and now I keep getting the notification in the corner to install it. I've completely removed the file, I X it out, but it keeps coming back. Anything I can do to permanently stop it?
    04-17-12 05:23 PM
    So I accidentally downloaded some .apk app through an ad in another app, and now I keep getting the notification in the corner to install it. I've completely removed the file, I X it out, but it keeps coming back. Anything I can do to permanently stop it?
    I have the same issue, I did a search and can't find the file! Grrrrr!
    04-17-12 05:36 PM
    Hmm. That's strange. Did you restart the PB?

When it appears, try hittin the gear icon in the top right twice. That also rids the red glow of notifications that sometimes persist after an email has been read, but you keep getting the notifier. You can try the gear, battery, WiFi double tap to rid those - but, not 100% sure about your situation.
    04-17-12 07:36 PM
    I have the same issue, and the notifications only appear after opening the android player.
    04-17-12 08:00 PM
    Wishful thinking on my part. - had to wait 2 months for the lil red light to come on to tell me that an upgrade was available. lol

...... Sorry guys just couldn't resist.
    04-17-12 08:14 PM
    Search the threads for "annoying android notification"

I used ghost commander; free in app world to remove an identical problem.
    amongu likes this.
    04-17-12 09:23 PM
    I've already deleted the file though which is why I don't understand why it's still coming up, there's nothing there.
    04-17-12 09:32 PM
    Search the threads for "annoying android notification"

I used ghost commander; free in app world to remove an identical problem.
    Yippee. That actually worked. Directions- thanks to SifJar and Yadadi:
    "I fixed my notifications by installing ghost commander from app world, then in the left pane chose apps, then found the downloads app, then chose "shortcuts" tapped the shortcut that appeared, launching the downloads app. From there I deleted the failed downloads and the notifications have stopped now. No need to uninstall any apps, unless they keep retrying the downloads even after deleting them manually.
    04-17-12 10:16 PM
    Yippee. That actually worked. Directions- thanks to SifJar and Yadadi:
    "I fixed my notifications by installing ghost commander from app world, then in the left pane chose apps, then found the downloads app, then chose "shortcuts" tapped the shortcut that appeared, launching the downloads app. From there I deleted the failed downloads and the notifications have stopped now. No need to uninstall any apps, unless they keep retrying the downloads even after deleting them manually.
    Thank you!

I had this exact same annoying problem the past few days, and this is the ticket to fix it!

Cheers
    The REAL Joe
    09-18-12 01:31 PM
    I have exactly the same problem what it is, is that the application/game needs an update and until you update it, it won't disappear.
    So say if the logo game needed an update it would show up in the left hand corner. So if you install the update it should hopefully disappear.
    09-18-12 05:15 PM
    thank you ghost commander worked for me and it is free.
    11-21-12 08:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD