I thought this would be an interesting and fun thread. How do you organize your Playbook screen/s?

Obviously, the one line, six hot spots are always what I use most often. Messages, browser, contacts, calender, Google docs link and docs to go.

For example, my first screen is where I place all my website links! Primarily I use my Playbook to surf the web. Having all my website link on this primary screen for quick and handy access!

On the second screen I have camera, book readers, music, BB video chat, weather, Apple World, Nobex radio. All the primary Apps I like.

On the third screen, it all goes to stuff I don't use very often but can't bare to let go or delete.

On screen four is set-up, help, podcasts (I don't do podcasts, yet.)

So, how do you organize your Multiple 'home' and secondary screens on your Playbook?

Michaelaw
    jpash549 likes this.
    06-15-12 06:36 AM
    Dock line is apps I use constantly(browser, messages, app world, and battery guru). First page is my productivity apps, and my second screen is all my games. I don't like having more then 2 screens, it gets confusing trying to find what I want quickly.
    06-15-12 06:40 AM
    I don't use icons on the screen I find it to clumsy, I like using folders, when I minimize an app everything is there in the favorites bar, my Documents folder has the most icons so I put the icons I don't want to see at the bottom.
    06-15-12 06:55 AM
    I put all the apps in folders, except the ones on the dock . The second page has a bridge folder with the apps I don't use. Solid black wallpaper. Simple and clean.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-15-12 06:58 AM
    Simple, easy and clean.
    pronomad likes this.
    06-15-12 11:56 AM
    Simple, easy and clean.
    That's a nice background, man
    pronomad likes this.
    06-17-12 12:33 AM
    This is really cool...I don't know how to do this. I'm just using my PB the way it came. Can I get some pointers?
    06-17-12 07:34 AM
    This is really cool...I don't know how to do this. I'm just using my PB the way it came. Can I get some pointers?
    Folders can be created by dragging one icon over another icon (hold down icon until it flashes -->drag it over another icon you want in the same folder --> at this point your given an option to name the folder, it can be renamed later) if I remember correctly you need to make folders on the screen first before they can be moved to the favorites area, when you delete a folder icon go back to the screen your on at the time.

Hope this helps.
    06-17-12 08:21 AM
    There can also be panes or panels - initially off to the right. Again, Press/hold on any icon and they all flash or blink. Now drag an icon off to the right and a new pane or the one to the right will show and the icon is moved there. Or you can move it even further right and create yet another panel.

WARNING: some folks have found that if they move ONLY FOLDERS to the Favorite Row (the 5 top icons), it can cause the pb not to restart or to start VERY SLOWLY.
    diegonei likes this.
    06-17-12 09:31 AM
    I accidently placed the Adobe PDF Reader in the Air browser and I renamed it to applications. How can I change the name back to Air browser?
    09-13-12 09:34 AM
    I accidently placed the Adobe PDF Reader in the Air browser and I renamed it to applications. How can I change the name back to Air browser?
    You can't rename apps. Not on any BlackBerry device. What you did was create a folder.

Open the folder, press and hold the icon till it pulses and then move it to the X. If dine right, the folder will close and you'll be able to place the app outside.
    09-13-12 10:01 AM
    I don't really use folders... They kinda ruin the swipy flow of the PlayBook...

jamesharmeling likes this.
    09-13-12 10:11 AM
    Mine is like this.

Attachment 116973
    09-13-12 04:37 PM
    I prefer clean and uncluttered. All apps in folders and then alphabetized in the folder. Except the bridge apps, those are at the end of the files folder since I don't use them.
    MarlenaRosie likes this.
    09-13-12 05:41 PM
    How did you get your background like that?
    Simple, easy and clean.
    03-13-13 04:56 PM
    Well I am really not sure how to use this website so I guess I will just ask and hope for the best.
    What is the difference between application folder and utilities folder on a PlayBook for example what goes in each??
    03-13-13 04:59 PM
    How did you get your background like that?
    It's just a cool wallpaper and I have everything except my most constantly used apps in folders.
    03-13-13 05:13 PM
    WARNING: some folks have found that if they move ONLY FOLDERS to the Favorite Row (the 5 top icons), it can cause the pb not to restart or to start VERY SLOWLY.
    You mean even slower than the 2.5 minutes it takes now? I have pretty much stopped turning mine off and I find I now use it at least twice as much as I used to.

I have a pretty simple system - everything I use is on the first screen and everything else is on the second. If I ever fill the second screen I will start uninstalling things but I can't see that happening any time soon as I feel I have most of the stuff I need already and I still have an empty line.

BTW, I hate the way the PB places newly installed app icons off the bottom of the first screen. It took me ages to work out where they were going when I first got my PB.
    03-13-13 05:20 PM
    Everything on the first screen, tucked away alphabetically in its relevant folder.
    Attached Thumbnails How do you organize your Playbook screen/s?-uploadfromtaptalk1363214023689.jpg  
    03-13-13 05:33 PM
    Everything on one screen. Popular apps by themselves, less popular grouped in folders. Simple, elegant, efficient, tidy. Love my PB!
    Attached Thumbnails How do you organize your Playbook screen/s?-uploadfromtaptalk1363220778685.jpg  
    03-13-13 07:26 PM
    Well I am really not sure how to use this website so I guess I will just ask and hope for the best.
    What is the difference between application folder and utilities folder on a PlayBook for example what goes in each??
    You can place anything in any folder and/or create new folders. I want to know what's in her LaLaLa folder? OoLaLa???
    MarlenaRosie likes this.
    03-13-13 08:06 PM
    I like things organized. Not cluttered. Efficient.
    So I use folders. I have them on my main bar. Nothing else on the page.

How do you organize your Playbook screen/s?-img_00000018.jpg
    03-13-13 08:16 PM
    Screen 1 �24 Basic apps
    Screen 2 �25 Travel
    Screen 3 �26 Retail stores
    Screen 4 �27 Detail of "Readers� on screen 1.
    Attached Thumbnails How do you organize your Playbook screen/s?-img_00000024.jpg   How do you organize your Playbook screen/s?-img_00000025.jpg   How do you organize your Playbook screen/s?-img_00000026.jpg   How do you organize your Playbook screen/s?-img_00000027.jpg  
    03-13-13 11:49 PM
    Mine looks like this
    Attached Thumbnails How do you organize your Playbook screen/s?-uploadfromtaptalk1363245108835.jpg  
    03-14-13 02:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD