I can't manually type events in the playbook calendar. It will auto enter events from email if you click the 'add this event to my calendar' in the email. I can go into the calendar, select day and time slot, but if I click on the + in the bottom left corner, I cannot type.
    Can anyone help me with this please? Many thanks
    05-17-13 02:57 PM
    Could be a software bug, I can't say, try going into month view, tap on the day, then in the right hand side select the 'Agenda' tab and 'Add Appointment'. What type of account is the calendar?
    05-17-13 03:04 PM
    Is the keyboard popping up? Swipe diagonally from bottom left towards top right if you need too.
    A restart is the first thing I try when wacky things like this happen.
    05-17-13 03:09 PM
    Could be a software bug, I can't say, try going into month view, tap on the day, then in the right hand side select the 'Agenda' tab and 'Add Appointment'. What type of account is the calendar?
    nope, no results -- what do you mean "What type of account is the calendar" - the calendar is the one on the playbook.
    05-17-13 03:10 PM
    You can sync calendars from accounts like Google and Exchange. I was wondering if maybe you were trying to make appointments on an administered corporate account. Anyway...when you tap the '+' do you get the screen to enter your appointment details and it's just the keyboard that isn't loading? Or is the button just unresponsive all together?
    05-17-13 03:13 PM
    Is the keyboard popping up? Swipe diagonally from bottom left towards top right if you need too.
    A restart is the first thing I try when wacky things like this happen.
    the keyboard pops up and you can hear the keys, but no entry shows - I will try a re-start.
    05-17-13 03:14 PM
    the keyboard pops up and you can hear the keys, but no entry shows - I will try a re-start.
    Hold the power button and volume + key until the screen goes blank. The PlayBook will retssrt on its own.
    Always a good first step to fix random issues.
    05-17-13 03:17 PM
    You can sync calendars from accounts like Google and Exchange. I was wondering if maybe you were trying to make appointments on an administered corporate account. Anyway...when you tap the '+' do you get the screen to enter your appointment details and it's just the keyboard that isn't loading? Or is the button just unresponsive all together?
    The button is unresponsive
    05-17-13 03:30 PM
    Hold the power button and volume + key until the screen goes blank. The PlayBook will retssrt on its own.
    Always a good first step to fix random issues.
    Did the hard boot - still nothing; if I hit 'your agenda is free add appointment' it reverts back to 'no scheduled appointments' - so it toggles between these two options.
    However, the hard boot did bring back my predictions text!
    05-17-13 03:56 PM
    I'm sure you have done this: Have you tapped in the Subject Field? If I just bring up the keyboard and "type" I get sound but NO data entry?
    05-17-13 04:14 PM
    I'm sure you have done this: Have you tapped in the Subject Field? If I just bring up the keyboard and "type" I get sound but NO data entry?
    OK, there's definitely something up with this. I called up an existing appointment and tried to edit it. This Seemed to 'wake' it up 'cause then I got the edit/enter page. From there I was able to enter a couple of appointments, but then it 'froze' again. I just get the time slot I choose, which says no subject. Also, the green timer circle keeps popping up and cycling.
    05-17-13 06:04 PM