How do you delete a probgram that came already installed in the PB ... I'm trying to delete AOL Mail but cant figure out how to do that.
    Thanks so much
    11-25-11 05:00 PM
    Hold the icon down and it will go into re-arrange mode. There will be a x you can tap to delete. Some apps can't be deleted.
    kingzogofalbania likes this.
    11-25-11 05:29 PM
    touch the icon and leave your finger on the icon for maybe 5 secs then a trashcan comes by the icon move the icon to the trashcan , up on the left side you will see a tick or correct mark hit that then all the trashcans go .
    11-25-11 05:33 PM
    Hold the icon down and it will go into re-arrange mode. There will be a x you can tap to delete. Some apps can't be deleted.

i wondered if that technque deletes only the icon, and not the program itself. i'll give it a try though. thanks
    11-25-11 05:54 PM
    i wondered if that technque deletes only the icon, and not the program itself. i'll give it a try though. thanks
    If you do it from one of the other panes (Media, Games, Favourites) then it just removes the icon and leaves it in the All pane. If you delete it from All it's the same as uninstalling. Do this to an app from AppWorld then check AppWorld, you'll see it is now uninstalled.
    11-25-11 06:04 PM
    If you do it from one of the other panes (Media, Games, Favourites) then it just removes the icon and leaves it in the All pane. If you delete it from All it's the same as uninstalling. Do this to an app from AppWorld then check AppWorld, you'll see it is now uninstalled.
    I did as suggested ... it's now gone from the all screen ... but it doesnt show up as an uninstalled app in appworld.
    however it never did show up there as installed in the first place.
    oh well .. its gone now ... maybe its only the icon thats gone but at least its not sitting there taking up space on my screen. ive never once used aol. i wonder how popular it really is?
    thanks again
    11-25-11 06:21 PM
    You might get an UPDATE OS message. In some apps, if they are deleted the OS "objects" and will require an update and it will be restored. I don't know about that one.
    11-25-11 07:07 PM
    but it doesnt show up as an uninstalled app in appworld.
    I said:

"Do this to an app from AppWorld then check AppWorld, you'll see it is now uninstalled. "

Obviously if it never was in AppWorld it won't appear because you deleted it. In any case, it's definitely deleted, I'm quite sure of this.
    11-25-11 07:20 PM
    I said:

"Do this to an app from AppWorld then check AppWorld, you'll see it is now uninstalled. "

Obviously if it never was in AppWorld it won't appear because you deleted it. In any case, it's definitely deleted, I'm quite sure of this.

"aol mail" came already installed on the playbook. i just assumed playbook's own pre-instslled apps had some connection with appworld.
    11-25-11 07:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD