I would say it's 60% complete. My rating is based on the fact that it lack basic core functionality that a tablet should have- autocorrect, spell check, homescreen/bookmark customization and a useable keyboard. Others have issues with the availability of apps and games and native email, but my primary concern has always been its core functionality. Hopefully 2.0 addresses some of these issues.
    I do believe core functionalty is A1 priority, will give 65%
    10-16-11 09:00 AM
    So why did they release it?
    Not sure what Mike and Jim are thinking... but one thing for sure, we will still don't have PlayBook if they'll complete it first before releasing to the public... perhaps thereafter the DevCon...
    10-16-11 10:03 AM
    on a scale out of 100...

after using it for a weekend i would say 50% lots of great ideas, now they just need to be implemented
    10-16-11 10:36 AM
    Not sure what Mike and Jim are thinking... but one thing for sure, we will still don't have PlayBook if they'll complete it first before releasing to the public... perhaps thereafter the DevCon...
    Hand in incomplete work at school or work: fail/get fired or demoted.
    10-16-11 10:45 AM
    Present the next level in mobile operating systems and it will be totally lost on some people who are locked in the box. Seriously, a major complaint in some early reviews was the lack of a home button. You can lead a horse to water...
    10-16-11 10:58 AM
    I would say it is 95% plus complete. It did everything I needed to do they day I purchased it, the first day it was offered. Most of the updates did nothing for me but possibly improve reliably. Any thing in 2.0 comes as a freebee to me. Hope some of it is useful to me. There are a couple of Android apps that I will buy if they run on the PB. One is the Navoinics marine chart navigation system for Android. Pricy but extremely good.
    10-16-11 11:59 AM
    If I had known that 6 months after release it still did not have the features it was promised I probably would not have bought it and just done without a tablet until the features promised came about. Since I have it I am enjoying it with it's limit features, but based on pre-release promotions about what it would be and do I would not give it as high score as everyone is saying. I would barely give it a passing score based on what was promised.
    10-16-11 12:55 PM
    well then, given this grading curve, explain why someone shouldn't buy an Ipad, or just buy a laptop and be done with it for the same money?
    10-17-11 07:42 AM
    Love the hardware... I'll give it 80% there.
    I've been a fan of QNX for more than a decade... Another 80% rating for the substrate.
    The PB User Interface... Let's say 70%. It's nice, but there's room to grow.
    Application Base... ugh.. 25% max. A handful to decent apps are out there. If you're a Marketing "professional" you might find some good stuff. If you're an IT person, you're SOL.... C'mon now.... no SSH client? That's something native to the underlying OS and still none after 6 months?

Don't get me wrong... I really like my PlayBook, but I'm getting tired of co-workers with Aye-Pads and Robot-Tabs asking "Can you do *this* with your playbook?" and having to shamefully say... well.... no..

If 2.0 doesn't make significant leaps forward, then I fear my PB will become a very expensive picture frame.
    10-17-11 12:44 PM
    Your scores average 64%.
    10-17-11 01:22 PM
    promi
    Yea and you dont have a bunch of apologists standing next to you telling the teacher/boss "he never promised the work would be complete and on time. It was scheduled, there is a difference."

And in that real world situation, it wouldnt matter, you would still have the F/severance check.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-11 01:22 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD