My BlackBerry Playbook is the 64GB wifi version with the OS 2.1.0.1917 update. The USB/charging port has been irredeemable faulty and gone forever. So I juice it from time to time with the rapid magnetic port charger but I can't get to transfer files into it except via Wifi command \\192.168.137.164\ method. Here is the challenge I'm facing, I got lots of .BAR files I'd love to run on it. How do I get to sideload them into them into my Playbookt via Wifi using the v1.9 of DDBP I just got installed ?

Please help
    09-26-15 11:32 PM
    It's the same as sideloading over USB, except for one thing. Manually put in the PB IP address in DDPB, then hit connect. The IP address can be found on your PB under settings, About, then Network from the drop down menu.
    09-27-15 12:57 AM
    I don't mean to be ungrateful but ofcourse I've already done that thrice earlier on but still didn't work when I pressed connect. However I decided to give it one more shot by disengaging the FTP mode the PB is usually accessed by, by rebooting my laptop computer and it seems to want to work except for this 'java error' respond. I had Java installed, specifically this version "jre-8u40-windows-x64" and I rebooted the system to take full effect (so to say). Now when I run the DDPB, type in the IP and password and click on connect it just stays on forever displaying Connecting.... as you can see on the attached image. What am I doing wrong ?

How Do Sideload .BAR files via WiFi using DDPB  ?-yas.jpg
    09-27-15 11:14 AM
    Just try to install Dukto on your BB10 and laptop then transfer via wifi.

"But I say this to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you;" - Matthew 5:44
    09-27-15 11:20 AM
    If you're having problems using DDPB, then try using the Chrome PB App Manager instead. First install Google Chrome on your PC, and then go here in Chrome and follow the instructions- BB10 / PlayBook App Manager
    09-27-15 04:37 PM
    That ip looks really weird
    Usually your wifi ip will look like 192.168.x.x or 192.168.x.xx
    To have 137.154 seems to be rather odd to me
    09-27-15 04:41 PM
    That ip looks really weird
    Usually your wifi ip will look like 192.168.x.x or 192.168.x.xx
    To have 137.154 seems to be rather odd to me
    Believe me that seemingly weird IP nevertheless still allows me FTP access to the PB over WiFi on my laptop.

Just try to install Dukto on your BB10 and laptop then transfer via wifi.

"But I say this to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you;" - Matthew 5:44
    I don't own a BB10 device yet and even if I get my hands on one I still don't understand how Dukto can come to my rescue, mind explaining more.

If you're having problems using DDPB, then try using the Chrome PB App Manager instead. First install Google Chrome on your PC, and then go here in Chrome and follow the instructions-
    First of all. . .what is 'Chrome PB App Manager" ? I have Google Chrome on my PC and still don't understand what's been explained on that link you gave, can you for the sake of others post a comprehensive guide on how to go about what I think is using GoogleChrome on either PB or PC to slideload .Bar files via wifi or within the PB OS environment, I still don't get it.
    09-27-15 11:39 PM
    Clink on the link above using Chrome. Install the extension by clicking on the "Install Extension" button. Then follow the instructions. The extension will allow you to sideload apps onto your Playbook over wifi, among other things, using the Chrome browser.
    09-28-15 02:33 AM
    I'm so following this thread. I can only use the rapid charger port so I have to sync wirelessly.

If I remember correctly, the Chrome PB App Manager will allow you to drag and drop the apps you want converted.
    10-05-15 01:51 PM

If I remember correctly, the Chrome PB App Manager will allow you to drag and drop the apps you want converted.
    Yes, and over wifi.
    10-05-15 02:21 PM