I want to download movies onto my playbook so that my little boy can watch them in the car on long journeys. Is this possible and if so, how do I do it?
    09-13-12 05:50 AM
    Just download the files and press play

If you want subtitles, then get the "Moviesrtplayer" app, thats very good

Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    09-13-12 06:08 AM
    When i try to copy from the dvd onto my computer it doesnt work
    I dont want to download from the internet if i already have them
    What should i do?
    09-13-12 06:17 AM
    first you have to convert it to somthing like Divx and then copy to pb
    09-13-12 06:26 AM
    Use Handbrake on your computer to rip the DVD into a file that can be played back on the tablet, it's free and cross-platform.
    09-13-12 06:34 AM
    sorry to sound daft, but is there somewhere online that I can download movies from or can I transfer dvds from my laptop? Am new to all this. Thanks.
    09-13-12 07:48 AM
    Enable Development mode and press gently on the Volume + button. Out with pop the DVD drawer at the top, insert your DVD and press the Play button. Note that you must remove the Playbook from any case or holder first to avoid damage to the device.

The DVD Eject feature will be added with BB10 but you can get it working now if you sign up for the developer preview and install it when the moon is full and your fingers are crossed.

09-13-12 07:51 AM
    Enable Development mode and press gently on the Volume + button. Out with pop the DVD drawer at the top, insert your DVD and press the Play button
    What? You mean that ain't a cup holder?

Thanks bdegrande, I'll try that software you pointed to.
    09-13-12 08:05 AM
    sorry to sound daft, but is there somewhere online that I can download movies from or can I transfer dvds from my laptop? Am new to all this. Thanks.
    Google search for "Handbrake" or "DVD Catalyst". They are software programs.

Then use that software on your computer to convert the DVDs to a format that can be played on the PlayBook.

Then copy that converted file from the computer to the PlayBook.
    09-13-12 08:16 AM
    Thank-you will give it a try now.
    09-13-12 09:28 AM
    Slysoft AnyDVD , DVD Shrink to create a single VOB and WinFF (with the latest ffmpeg) to create "very" or "super" high quality MP4s. But that's just me. I just never cared for Handbrake...
    09-13-12 09:40 AM
    I use Aone "Ultra DVD to MP4 Converter". It's the only reliable DVD to MP4 converter I've found and even then it's not 100% successful on super protected discs. I even paid $50 for it.

Lots of people recommended handbrake but I can't load that on my work laptop.
    09-13-12 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD