EVERYTIME I WANT TO TYPE IN MY PLAYBOOK WHICH IS CONNECTED TO MY LAPTOP ...THE KEYBOARD IS NOT SHOWING....I DID THE TIPS OF WHAT THE FIRST SCREEN SHOWED ME HOW TO SCROLL HOW TO HOLD ETC.... BUT THE KEYBOARD STILL NOT SHOWING ON MY SCREEN...PLEASE HELP ME..
    01-11-12 08:23 PM
    i installed Splashtop today - works great! Just swipe up from either of the bottom corners to display the keyboard ...
    01-11-12 08:28 PM
    At the bottom? I did that too bro...but no keyboard showed....
    01-11-12 08:32 PM
    Works great here - I'll play around and see if i can recreate what's happening for you, but it'll have to wait until tomorrow ...
    01-11-12 08:51 PM
    Works fine here. Swiping diagonally from lower left (or right) corner, towards the center of the screen, brings up the PlayBook's on screen keyboard in Splashtop. There's also a row of keys that comes up at the top of the screen that I wish was available in all apps (i.e. Ctrl, Alt, Esc, Tab, Arrows/cursor movement, etc.).
    01-11-12 09:36 PM
    @Reassure,how many fingers do you use? 1 2 or 3?...because everytime i open the splashtop the HINTS (TIPS) shows there..and i am following that steps..but nothing happened...i will try to swip diagonally from lower left or right when i go home this afternoon.

@calles,yeah thanks for the help bro. i will wait for that.
    01-11-12 10:09 PM
    Just one finger... you can choose whichever finger you want.

Seriously though, it's a standard PlayBook gesture (built into the OS) to bring up the keyboard in any app, not one of the Splashtop-specific gestures (described in that app's hints), which you would use to pan around the larger screen of a remote laptop/desktop when you are zoomed-in to read tiny print or click on miniscule icons or buttons).
    01-12-12 06:25 AM
    i see....ok i will try to swip diagonally later ....and i will let u know what happen
    01-12-12 06:35 AM
    oh yeah one more thing bro...do you know how to update OS to 2.0? because i am seriously confuse about 2.0 OS...i have 1.0.8.6067 Version now...i am wondering how to make 2.0.
    01-12-12 06:36 AM
    Just swipe up diagonally from the bottom left corner. See the attached picture and look for the red arrow.
    01-12-12 12:01 PM
    oh yeah one more thing bro...do you know how to update OS to 2.0? because i am seriously confuse about 2.0 OS...i have 1.0.8.6067 Version now...i am wondering how to make 2.0.
    The official 2.0 has not been released yet, it is scheduled for February. There is a dev beta available, but it is incomplete and I wouldn't recommend it to you.
    01-12-12 12:25 PM
    hi thescionicman,but i already installed the 2.0 beta...because i cannot wait for it.....what shall i do then?
    01-12-12 01:27 PM
    Enjoy it. You can always roll back later if you have trouble.
    01-12-12 01:36 PM
    how do i rollback?....since i cannot use and hard to follow how to download the market from android......haiz i am expecting that i can download from the app world but nothing is there.....
    01-12-12 01:38 PM
    @reassure,the keyboard showed!!!!!!!hahahah....so happy!!!!! thanks guys. so much appreciated.....
    01-12-12 01:40 PM
    how do i rollback?....since i cannot use and hard to follow how to download the market from android......haiz i am expecting that i can download from the app world but nothing is there.....
    On the page where you signed up for OS2 and it had all those warnings about it being incomplete and for devs only, they have the rollback instructions there too.
    01-12-12 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD