I got a Blackberry Playbook 16GB for Christmas. If you too own one, you'll know that the apps SUCK. So I tried to root it and put the android market on there. However I didn't get to finish everything cause I have to share it with my little sister. Well she had it for a few days and she said she didn't do anything wrong. But now it won't come on! All it does is flash red twice. I've done the 2 min 6x plug and unplug, I've done the hard reboot (with the volume), and I tried to do an update from my Blackberry desktop. Yet the update never finishes because the computer says it loses the connection. Is there any way I can restore/turn the thing back on? Idk if the rooting voided the warrant, so I don't wanna go to bestbuy and have them tell me I did something illegal(idk if it is, cause jailbreaking for iphones is). Just any ideas???
    02-05-12 09:49 AM
    Does your PB even have enough charge..... plug it in to your charger for atleast 4-5 hours, unless its the rapid charger where 2 hours will suffice, then try the desktop debrick method. It will let you load the latest OS, unless something is grossly wrong with the PB.

And yes, we know that PB does not have a billion apps as they come with the pads and droids, however its a neat little device that rivals anything in anyother compartment, sans the apps.
    Last edited by anindoc; 02-05-12 at 10:26 AM.
    02-05-12 09:54 AM
    I've had it plugged into my laptop for almost 4 hours now, I hope that's what it is.
    02-05-12 09:59 AM
    Plugging into your laptop will not usually charge your PB. Even if it did you will be waiting forever. Simply not enough current from a USB port. You should use your supplied charger that came with the Playbook.
    peter9477 and kbz1960 like this.
    02-05-12 10:03 AM
    I've had it plugged into my laptop for almost 4 hours now, I hope that's what it is.
    There's your problem, you're plugging it into your laptop... It takes about 4-5x as long to charge from a laptop than a wall charger, so either be VERY patient or use the wall charger.
    peter9477 likes this.
    02-05-12 10:03 AM
    Hope you get it going OP but I have to disagree that playbook apps SUCK. Matter of opinion though. Unless SUCK = no skype, hulu or netflix that seem to complete any device since those are the most productive apps anyone uses from reading this forum.
    cntrydncr223 and alnamvet68 like this.
    02-05-12 10:10 AM
    Lightly press the ON/OFF switch.
    swiftex likes this.
    02-05-12 10:20 AM
    So I tried to root it
    Just any ideas???
    I'd say this is your problem, and that you need to reload OS.
    Good luck.
    If you have questions, please post and we'll do our best to help you.

If you could omit the slamming of RIM, apps, and keep your post to questions, you'll probably get better, more positive feedback.

Good luck.
    anindoc likes this.
    02-05-12 10:20 AM
    Rooting/Beta OS/jailbreaking, etc., ad nauseum has been the root of all things evil when it comes to PB issues. Leaving it alone as it was intended results in, perhaps, 12.78 million less threads regarding PB problems which are a direct result of rooting the PB.
    anindoc, rjedge54 and cntrydncr223 like this.
    02-05-12 10:24 AM
    The laptop USB port would push a maximum current of 500ma while the rapid charger is about 2000ma.

When im using the playbook when it is plugged into the USB it does not charge but still discharges it cos the laptop does not provide enough power
    02-05-12 10:31 AM
    The laptop USB port would push a maximum current of 500ma while the rapid charger is about 2000ma.

When im using the playbook when it is plugged into the USB it does not charge but still discharges it cos the laptop does not provide enough power
    I doubt it would even charge at all. My PC charges pretty much everything, but it couldn't charge my PB less than 5% in four hours.

Stay away from laptop charging; also, your laptop MUST be on the entire time...USB power doesn't occur unless the PC/Laptop is on.
    02-05-12 11:15 AM
    Also, if after a GOOD charge, you still have problems, you might want to ask more in the Rooting subforum.
    02-05-12 12:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD