I have a mac and as you probably know you can't get print to go for mac, so i was wondering how do i transfer files, specifically power points, from my mac to my playbook. My next question would be, how do i create or edit power points on my playbook? I'm new around here so i don't get all the stuff
    05-14-12 01:51 PM
    You can't create or edit powerpoints on PlayBook without a third party app.

To answer your other question, go to your PlayBook's options, under storage and sharing, and turn on file sharing. Now plug your PlayBook into your computer, install drivers, and it's mounted same as a flash drive or hard drive. You can also turn on WiFi File Sharing, then access it over the network or by IP Address, but that's more complicated.
    dusdal likes this.
    05-14-12 02:18 PM
    Print to Go would transfer the files as PDF files.

As Jean-luc_Picard said, Docs to Go doesn't implement PowerPoint editing. Here are a couple of links for you:
    | http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...nt-now-701747/
    | http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...8/#post7334648
    "The Powerpoint part of Docs to Go is just a presenter, you can't add notes or edit slides."

Here's the link to the online PlayBook User Guide in PDF format:
    | http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartp...001-1.0-US.pdf

P. 52 explains how to mount your PlayBook as a network volume on a Mac via WiFi -- then you can copy files back and forth between your Mac and PlayBook. If you have problems with that, I think some people get around them by turning BlueTooth off on the PlayBook.

The next page in the User Guide explains how to mount the PlayBook as a volume using a USB cable.
    dusdal and bbfan1040 like this.
    05-14-12 02:42 PM
    The wi-fi transfer isn't terribly complicated and is very convenient. But please bare with me as I use a PC.

open 'finder' then at the top select the 'go' menu. under go there should be a 'connect to server option' click it!

for the server put in: smb://ip address of you playbook

You can find your PBs IP address but selecting settings(gear icon top right) on the left menu choose 'about' then on the right should be a drop down menu which you touch and select 'network'. Your wi-fi IP address will be listed here. Probably 192. something.

The nice thing is that once you do this once your mac will remember the IP address so you can just click connect to server.

Enjoy!
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    05-14-12 02:46 PM
    I have a mac and as you probably know you can't get print to go for mac, so i was wondering how do i transfer files, specifically power points, from my mac to my playbook. My next question would be, how do i create or edit power points on my playbook? I'm new around here so i don't get all the stuff
    I am curious. Can these be done on an iPaid?
    05-14-12 09:12 PM
    I am curious. Can these be done on an iPaid?
    that's a great typo!
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-14-12 10:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD