How can I sync my bridge calendar with my native calendar? All my appointments and dates are on the bridge calendar but not on my PB native calendar.
    02-23-12 02:30 PM
    Are you using Outlook to sync you BB to.
    02-23-12 02:32 PM
    been a point of contention since yesterday's release

Unless we're mistaken, there's no real way of syncing things such as calender and contacts between the devices without using a 3rd party external source.

I use gmail's calender to do this between my Playbook and Phone. I just make sure when i create events, i create them in the gmail calender, this way it shows up both on my phone and my playbook.

I think what we're seeing is that RIM really needs to hit the prime time with some form of Cloud based management system for contacts and calenders. they already let us use one account between phone / playbook for app world purchases, why not add on some small storage and sync options to it for calender and contacts.

and if RIM doesnt do it.... I smell a pretty good opportunity for an app developer
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-23-12 02:34 PM
    Are you using Outlook to sync you BB to.
    Why yes I am!
    02-23-12 03:17 PM
    I am interested in the solution for this as well..I have all my contacts and appointments on the phone apps and was hoping to have them brought over to the playbook's integrated apps. How does the outlook sync help to get the phone's contacts and calendar events to the PB?
    02-24-12 01:28 AM
    So, the solution is...... ?????
    05-10-12 11:54 PM
    So, the solution is...... ?????
    Good question. I am not sure what I used but wound up with double appointments and some double contacts.
    05-11-12 08:53 AM
    There is no easy solution. I am playing around with the Office365 demo and it seems to sync my contacts from my phone to the Playbook, but it required activating the phone on the BlackBerry Cloud services through Office365. Contrary to what has been posted here and elsewhere, the BlackBerry Cloud works over BIS, you just need to go to AppWorld on the phone to download the enterprise server application. Once that is on the phone, you can activate the phone with the code provided by the Office365/BlackBerryCloud integration.

I will try adding the Office365 email to my Outlook on the PC and see if I can get the PC Outlook to sync to the Office365 Calendar and thus to the PlayBook and Phone.

Edit:

I added the Office365 email address to my local copy of outlook in Office2011 for Mac, then set this calendar to sync to my Mac calendar and an appointment put on my Mac calendar showed up on my phone. If you are not on a Mac and just use the Outlook Calendar on a PC there be a bit different way to sync your desktop Outlook to the Cloud email account but once it shows up on the Office365 account, it gets pushed to the BlackBerry.
    Last edited by robsteve; 05-11-12 at 09:49 AM.
    05-11-12 09:35 AM
    The only solution I know of that is also already owned by rim is Tungle.me. It is for booking appointments with contacts. Good luck!

Galaxysurfer
    06-22-12 11:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD