hey folks my firet post here, ive been pretty much sitting on the sidelines trying to educate myself with the playbook. i was wondering if i can connect my playbook to my computer and use its net connection without wifi? at work there is no wifi, so i would likely be connected using usb only. i'm on 1.0.8 still since i heard flash is very u stable on 2.0.0.6149. anyways, any help would be appreciated. thanks!!!

edit:
    also is there a shortcut to get to the top of a website without having to scroll manually? kinda like on ios with the double tap on the top of the screen idea? thanks again!!
    Last edited by cyberjunkie1; 12-30-11 at 09:24 AM.
    12-30-11 09:22 AM
    you can not share internet via usb
    12-30-11 09:36 AM
    Hey there Cyberjunkie, welcome to the site. As Fubaz mentioned, that is not possible via USB. Do you have a BB phone? If you do, you're able to surf the net using BB Bridge.

As for going back to the top of a website, I don't know if there's an option for that but would def come in handy.
    12-30-11 09:41 AM
    You could turn your computer into a wifi hotspot but doubt your company will let you.

No also on a quick back to the top.
    12-30-11 09:42 AM
    Connectify turns your Windows 7 laptop into a Wi-fi hotspot:

Your Hotspot, Your Way - Connectify
    Bisboxer likes this.
    12-30-11 12:53 PM
    thanks everyone, too bad cant bridge using usb. i currently dont have a bb phone, waiting to see if bb10 phones can do what i want. still on iphone which i'm getting bored with. which is the reason why i went with pb instead of ipad. i really like the size of it and how its more open to customization compared to ipad. i am just starting to get tired of jailbreaking and stuff, so i thought going the pb route will be more interesting. so far experience is nice but things i hope to see on os 2 would be auto correct, more quality programs and games. i know ipad has a lot of junk but they also have alot more quality apps and games, so i hope the ported android stuff will be good ones not just the crappy ones, fix the gps and apps that uses it, i find them sluggish. i opted out of beta 2.0.0.6149 due to people saying that flash on it is u stable which i so far heavily rely on. so i'm looking forward to the update for sure, i just hope it is not delayed further or else RIM stands to lose more loyal fans. and with respect to developers, they need to bring out more freeware/trial apps/games that will get people to try out their products. sorry but it aint fair for people to get them to pay for an app/games and find out its buggy or just terribly suck. well anyways, thanks for the welcome here, again i'm hoping to see more pb's in 2012.
    12-30-11 02:45 PM
    you don't need to bridge to use your phone for internet access. you can tether using bluetooth. tethering is set up in options.
    12-31-11 07:05 AM
    you don't need to bridge to use your phone for internet access. you can tether using bluetooth. tethering is set up in options.
    ... but be aware that some networks charge extra for using a phone as a tethered modem before you connect for hours.

That's why the Bridge is so useful. It uses your existing BB Data Plan for the internet connection, so whilst not free, it is at least pre-paid.
    12-31-11 07:48 AM
    ... but be aware that some networks charge extra for using a phone as a tethered modem before you connect for hours.

That's why the Bridge is so useful. It uses your existing BB Data Plan for the internet connection, so whilst not free, it is at least pre-paid.
    thnks, but i'm on an iphone which bluetooth tethering doesnt seem to work with my pb. sad but true. tried pdanet and mywi which should allow wifi tethering but it doesnt seem to work well with my ios. besides my data plan is crappy as i rather use up net from hotspot or work.
    12-31-11 08:27 AM
    thnks, but i'm on an iphone which bluetooth tethering doesnt seem to work with my pb. sad but true. tried pdanet and mywi which should allow wifi tethering but it doesnt seem to work well with my ios. besides my data plan is crappy as i rather use up net from hotspot or work.
    A friend uses MyWi on a jailbroken iPhone to connect to his PB. So it is possible, but I don't have details. No great loss if your dataplan is limited though.

Yup. WiFi is certainly best if you can see a hotspot. Good luck with changing the WiFi settings on those corporate PC's though as suggested above... round these parts, that's an instant dismissal offence.
    12-31-11 08:52 AM
    One thing I notice at work when I have my PlayBook connected to the computer is that my internet connection (on the computer) does not work properly. Something with the corporate security. Took me ages to figure out. I would have random issues connecting to the net on my computer, then realized one day that every instance I had my playbook connected.
    12-31-11 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD