I'm stuck on the wifi connection screen. Options say press power button to exit set up anytime! But the only options I'm given are stand by,turn off and restart. I don't have a wifi connection nor can I steal one since there all locked. What other options do I have ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-11 08:09 PM
    Turn it off, and connect to desktop manager on a pc, then turn it on...

Should prompt you to dl a update.
    (assuming you can get to a pc with a Internet connection)
    04-19-11 08:15 PM
    Do you use the Blackberry Desktop Manager? I am confused.

I dled the blackberry desktop software but wasn't prompted to dl anything.. and the Desktop Manager software says that I need to finish setting up before I can use it... maybe you would use a different Desktop Manager?

Thank you
    06-15-11 08:20 PM
    You need wifi so that you can accept the EULA. You can't bypass this. Your best bet is to find a place that offers free wifi. Starbucks and McDonald's are usually readily available.
    pumkin85 likes this.
    06-15-11 08:37 PM
    Alright. Thank you then. That is really too bad. The EULA should be in the device itself eh?

Well, guess I'll just have to wait until tomorrow!

Thanks again.
    06-15-11 08:55 PM
    I fully understand how you feel. I had to find a hotspot to get anything done. Then I had to dl a large update. It would have been nice to have a simple OS without any working apps just so the consumer could marvel over it until then.
    06-15-11 09:02 PM
    Is this still the case? I just got my PB at work. I have to wifi here but a computer with DM on it and I cannot access my PB use it or anything.

That is really too bad. I am constantly scratching my head with RIM these days?
    11-28-11 01:24 PM
    I connected the playbook to desktop manager while it was off and it said it was unusable and you can update it.
    So update it and it should work

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-11 02:11 PM
    Just go to a place with free WiFi access and set-up the tablet. Alternatively, buy an inexpensive WiFi access point for your home network.
    12-27-11 02:23 PM
    Alternatively, buy an inexpensive WiFi access point for your home network.
    The OP will want one of these anyway if he wants to use it around his home. He can't access App World to download apps any other way and browsing can deplete his phone's data plan in no time flat.
    12-27-11 02:38 PM
    It kinda reminds me of having to plug an iPhone into iTunes before you can use it, not sure why Apple and RIM do this.
    12-27-11 03:51 PM
    It kinda reminds me of having to plug an iPhone into iTunes before you can use it, not sure why Apple and RIM do this.
    Mother bought all us kids an iPad2. Everybody was so excited they turned them on only to see the itunes logo and usb cord on the screen. Xmas came to a crashing end because grandma doesn't do the internet. It was funny and sad all in one.
    chrism_scotland, FF22 and jafobabe like this.
    12-27-11 04:00 PM
    I had to drive ten miles to the nearest hotspot to accept the EULA and download the update. BlackBerry Bridge works great, so I really don't understand why exactly half the useful internet apps work {Browser, Weather, Bing Maps, Facebook, NFB, YouTube} and the other half do not {App World, Software Update, Video Chat, Music Store, Kobo Books}.

Before everyone pounces, I thoroughly understand that using the Bridge for data-intensive apps may take a big bite out of my monthly data plan----but they're my gigabytes, so let me use them how ever I please. Besides, not all WiFi connections are unlimited---it's silly that I can use a cellular MiFi device (or a 7.1 hotspot BB) for the Forbidden Apps, but not the Bridge. I sure hope this is fixed in 2.0.
    dimm0k likes this.
    12-27-11 06:21 PM
    Mother bought all us kids an iPad2. Everybody was so excited they turned them on only to see the itunes logo and usb cord on the screen. Xmas came to a crashing end because grandma doesn't do the internet. It was funny and sad all in one.

Adopt me mom!!!!!!!!!! lol
    jafobabe, mikeplus1 and Toodeurep like this.
    12-27-11 08:21 PM
    I had to drive ten miles to the nearest hotspot to accept the EULA and download the update. BlackBerry Bridge works great, so I really don't understand why exactly half the useful internet apps work {Browser, Weather, Bing Maps, Facebook, NFB, YouTube} and the other half do not {App World, Software Update, Video Chat, Music Store, Kobo Books}.

Before everyone pounces, I thoroughly understand that using the Bridge for data-intensive apps may take a big bite out of my monthly data plan----but they're my gigabytes, so let me use them how ever I please. Besides, not all WiFi connections are unlimited---it's silly that I can use a cellular MiFi device (or a 7.1 hotspot BB) for the Forbidden Apps, but not the Bridge. I sure hope this is fixed in 2.0.
    A little research could have saved you all the trouble.
    Connectify-me has a free, simple sotfware that allows you to turn an internet enabled Windows PC into a wifi hotspot to share your connection.

Problem solved.
    12-30-11 12:19 PM
    A little research could have saved you all the trouble.
    Connectify-me has a free, simple sotfware that allows you to turn an internet enabled Windows PC into a wifi hotspot to share your connection.

Problem solved.
    problem with this is that you require a pc or laptop that has a wifi network card. it would have been good if rim lets u connect via usb and use a bridged pc to allow the pb to use the internet via usb. i know wifi is cheap, but in some cases like work offices that doesnr have wifi this would be useful.
    12-30-11 01:52 PM
    Hmm... I wonder if this is a bogus post. Since iOS5(back in Oct), you no longer need a Mac or PC to set your iPad.

Hmmm...
    12-30-11 02:31 PM
    setting up a blackberryz10 wwhre there is no wi-fi
    03-02-14 03:14 PM
    Hmm... I wonder if this is a bogus post. Since iOS5(back in Oct), you no longer need a Mac or PC to set your iPad.

Hmmm...
    You still need internet I suppose don't you?
    03-02-14 04:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD