PB is awsome in that it auto scans your contacts & tells you which ones you are able to Video Chat with. The problem is that this doesn't do the same thing after people Sell their PlayBooks.

My sister has switched to an iPad. Yet ever time I pull up Video Chat it shows her as a video chat contact who is currently off-line. If I go into contacts & pull up her contact sheet it has a "Video Chat" field. I can erase that field, but it automatically reapears as soon as I close the card.

Does anyone have any ideas? Is this a known bug? or is it just me?.......if it's a bug, its a big one that I hope RIM fixes with BB10.

08-24-12 07:50 PM
    I've been able to delete mine. Try pressing the little X at the end of the field.

For the screenshot above, you're looking at your call history. You need to clear your call log.
    08-24-12 08:04 PM
    That's a promo image Mr. Gorn.

I had that problem once. Didn't bother looking into a solution since a wipe was already scheduled.
    08-24-12 08:07 PM
    That's a promo image Mr. Gorn.
    Ah, you mean the pic. Very Nice!!

But I was referring to the list on the left under the Call button. If Sis is still there, it's because of the call history.
    08-24-12 08:11 PM
    Ah, you mean the pic. Very Nice!!

But I was referring to the list on the left under the Call button. If Sis is still there, it's because of the call history.
    I cleared the call history, didn't help.

EDIT:
    I got it.
    After removing her Video Chat info, I changed her primary email addy in the contact list (this was the same email that was used for her BBID)
    I then saved her contact card with the incorrect info.
    Opened it back up, and put the correct email back in.

This fixed the problem....
    08-24-12 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD