Hi guys!
    So I just unwrapped a Blackberry Playbook, and I'm ready to put my DRM-free ebooks (both .pdf & .epub) into it. There's some Kobo e-reader app, but after reading a whole lot of reviews, I decided to find another app for this purpose, and the one that stuck out was Aldiko (Aldiko - eBook Reader Application for Android).

I really don't know if Aldiko is the best free ebook reader, so if it isn't, please let me know! I won't be buying ebooks from these apps themselves, so the "book store" that is included in some would be completely useless to me.

However, there are two problems...

1) Aldiko now appears to be for Android... the first time I read about it (several months ago), it was for the Blackberry devices. Is it still possible for me to install Aldiko?
    2) I read that I would need the .bar file for Aldiko, and that once it's found, it can be installed onto the Playbook. What program am I supposed to use to install .bar files? I've only used AppWorld to install games/apps so far, so manually installing apps onto my Playbook was unnecessary.

I would appreciate any help I receive with this.

And Merry Christmas!
    12-26-12 01:29 AM
    I am going to send you three links, one to a site that has converted .apk files to .bar files for you to use on your playbook, a link to a video of how to sideload those .bar files to your playbook and a link to a site that converts the .apk files to.bar files for you. Watch the youtube video first.

http://apps.goodereader.com/playbook...-android-apps/

How to Install Android Apps on the Blackberry Playbook (Updated) - YouTube

PlayBook .apk to .bar converter

This one is for Aldiko
    http://apps.goodereader.com/playbook...-apps/?did=181
    12-26-12 08:20 AM
    Keep in mind that some Android files do not work on Playbook after conversion, and some will not convert properly either.
    12-26-12 08:26 AM
    The previous posts should get you to your answer. However, Moon+ Reader might be a better bet. It renders the book fairly close to intent of the publisher, and has superb reading and visual controls. Worth purchasing, even better that it is half priced this week.

Good luck.
    12-26-12 09:00 AM
    Great native app available for purchase in appworld;

Play ePub - developer puts out frequent updates to his software and he re-developing his app for BB10 as well.....
    12-26-12 10:09 AM