It is well known that you can hide files on your BlackBerry phone (Media > Explore). But how can I do this on my PlayBook?

On my Torch 9800, I use iLockerLite to hide some files/pictures from people who may pick up my BlackBerry and start looking through.

But I can't find a similar app for the PlayBook.

Can anyone help me?
    apg300 likes this.
    12-31-11 09:31 PM
    I downloaded File Shield and it works great. You can selectively hide or show even specific photos in a file, as well as any other files or apps. Try it out, you'll like it. Happy New Year!
    12-31-11 11:14 PM
    I downloaded File Shield and it works great. You can selectively hide or show even specific photos in a file, as well as any other files or apps. Try it out, you'll like it. Happy New Year!
    Thanks rotowrench! App works perfectly. Only �1 and it easily hides/unhides with a password. Happy new year to you too!
    apg300 likes this.
    01-01-12 04:16 AM
    file shield.. work like a champ...
    apg300 likes this.
    01-01-12 09:46 AM
    SOLD!!!
    I just purchased File Shield from Appworld, thanks to your posts. Will give it a try.
    Thanks for posting your thoughts. This has been one concern I wanted to address but wasn't sure which app to use.
    Thanks again! Happy New Year!
    01-01-12 11:02 AM
    Hello everyone, i just purchase this app and i was able to selct "make private for the folders that i want hidden" but when i go to the default picture folder on the playbook the albums are still visible. My question is does the hidden features only work in the app portion or is it suppose to affect the default applications as well as they state?
    01-04-12 01:38 PM
    i figured out what i was doing wrong, lol. it works perfect now
    01-04-12 02:04 PM
    Thanks for the info about file shield! I had no idea that app existed. This is great.

CrackBerry Community FTW!
    cdelcampo216 and chrome711 like this.
    01-04-12 02:53 PM
    I am tempted to buy this app but really don't have any reason (at the moment) to hide things on my pb.
    cdelcampo216 likes this.
    01-04-12 03:09 PM
    Yes, either do I (hide pictures) which begs the question, what kind of pictures are you taking???
    01-04-12 03:15 PM
    Me, I really like "My File Manager". Doc Neutron
    01-04-12 05:40 PM
    Yes, either do I (hide pictures) which begs the question, what kind of pictures are you taking???
    Hahahaha! Well, that's for me to know and no one to find out!
    01-04-12 06:01 PM
    Hahahaha! Well, that's for me to know and no one to find out!
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhh ha!! Busted!
    01-04-12 06:41 PM
    Really shouldn't this feature be standard on the OS having to pay for something like this regardless how cheap is a bit poorPosted

from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-12 04:21 PM
    Really shouldn't this feature be standard on the OS having to pay for something like this regardless how cheap is a bit poorPosted

One probably can't argue the merits of your analysis. But it does not matter as it is NOT included and if you want the ability to hide stuff, there is an app that does it.
    01-07-12 05:55 PM
    One probably can't argue the merits of your analysis. But it does not matter as it is NOT included and if you want the ability to hide stuff, there is an app that does it.
    fair comment
    01-11-12 08:49 AM
    Great app! Just what I needed. Much easier and simpler than my file browser.

However, when I set a password I don't see any difference! I seem to be able to hide then make public without being asked for a password. What am I doing wrong?
    01-28-12 03:17 AM
    When you open the app, make sure you bring the drop down menu down and then enable Password Protect. Even after setting the password, you still have to enable it. Also make sure you have Show Private Files disabled.
    01-28-12 03:43 AM
    Thank you, that sorted it for me.
    01-28-12 04:24 AM

I agree, if the PB is trying to appeal to corporate bods, this should be standard. Maybe there is a way of protecting data out of the box?
    01-28-12 06:24 AM
    I am on the same page... but as soon as OS 2 comes out, I'll buy it.
    01-28-12 07:13 AM
    I can't see any way of password retrieval should the password be forgotten!
    01-28-12 07:28 AM
    I can't see any way of password retrieval should the password be forgotten!
    Find an app to store your passwords. Actually, the absence of a password retrieval is the same as the bb phone or the pb itself. If you password protect either of those devices and forget the password, they will be wiped clean. No way to avoid that consequence.

Actually, should the app itself be protected when opened. So that someone who you lend the pb to does not have the ability to open it and hide files?
    01-28-12 09:38 AM
    Find an app to store your passwords. Actually, the absence of a password retrieval is the same as the bb phone or the pb itself. If you password protect either of those devices and forget the password, they will be wiped clean. No way to avoid that consequence.

Actually, should the app itself be protected when opened. So that someone who you lend the pb to does not have the ability to open it and hide files?
    If you forget the password to a File Shield protected folder can you delete the folder to reclaim the storage space?
    01-28-12 10:00 AM
    When I asked the same question before, File Shield was suggested. At first, I was hesitant but I said what the heck for its price you can't go wrong.

It was my first PB purchased app and it does its job truly well.

Highly recommended app for those who wanna keep private some, if not all, of their files.
    01-28-12 10:44 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD