I have sideloaded the PLAYTORRENT app but its so crap. Its slow and most times doesnt download a damn thing even 1 percent. are there any torrent downloading apps that work?
    09-18-12 05:52 AM
    No, there isn't. Feel free to convert and Android Torrent app though and sideload it onto your PlayBook. Many of them work when manually installed.
    rexrim likes this.
    09-18-12 06:31 AM
    how do you convert it. has anyone got the adownloader app on blackberry to work? how do i manually install it?
    09-18-12 06:41 AM
    Atorrent works fine for me.get the apk from google play then use the online apk2bar converter.
    09-18-12 07:31 AM
    how do you convert it. has anyone got the adownloader app on blackberry to work? how do i manually install it?
    so you use adownloader to download torrents? and are they quick. where do they save on the playbook?
    09-18-12 07:53 AM
    So I am logged into my Google play account. How do I download the apk file...all it wants to do is install the app to my old android phone??
    09-18-12 08:06 AM
    He said Atorrent, not adownloader. It works ok. Quick is a relative term, especially as torrent downloads are dependant on the number and quality of seeds you have. Downloads go to SDcard/downloads. Blackberry Playbook Android Apps | Good e-Reader Android App Market and Store - Playbook App Market and Store
    09-18-12 08:07 AM
    ill try that ..thanks
    09-18-12 08:24 AM
    I use swarm an android app that is sideloaded. You can configure the file download directory but I think it defaults to misc/android/swarm.
    09-18-12 09:29 AM
    I use swarm an android app that is sideloaded. You can configure the file download directory but I think it defaults to misc/android/swarm.
    where do i get the bar file for swarm?
    09-18-12 10:26 AM
    I have sideloaded the PLAYTORRENT app but its so crap. Its slow and most times doesnt download a damn thing even 1 percent. are there any torrent downloading apps that work?
    many android torrents like utorrent that work well on playbook

Sent from my BlackBerry Playbook using Tapatalk 2
    09-18-12 12:35 PM
    where do i get the bar file for swarm?
    Do a search here on CB for Swarm_1.2 and you will find it.
    09-18-12 01:40 PM
    many android torrents like utorrent that work well on playbook

Sent from my BlackBerry Playbook using Tapatalk 2
    ok i have sideloaded utorrent..cant seem to download a torrent on it

how do i download a torrent from kickasstorrents?? how does it work
    thanks
    09-18-12 02:27 PM
    how do i connect my utorrent client with my playbook??? this so complex!!!

cant someone give me step by step please!
    09-18-12 02:54 PM
    ok none of these worked!
    09-20-12 08:18 AM
    I installed transdroid which worked well to connect remotely to my Transmission, although I had an issue if I downloaded a .torrent file on my playbook, when trying to add/upload the file, the playbook wouldn't recognize the *.torrent file. Transdroid has options to connect to other clients besides Transmission.
    09-20-12 09:01 AM
    The PB native file browsers will not know what to do with torrent files, but android file browsers (Ghost Commander) will.
    09-20-12 09:57 AM
    ok none of these worked!
    Did you try Swarm? Download your .torrent file of interest; most likely it will save to "Download". Then add the torrent to Swarm by pressing the + button and going to the "Download" directory and selecting the .torrent you just downloaded . The + button is the only button the interface has visible. Easy Peasy.
    09-20-12 10:24 AM
    yes that is easy peasy in swarm have tried that and it does nothing...just stays at )% downloading even though there are plenty of seeders!
    09-22-12 04:05 AM
    Maybe your downloading legit torrents... if so ignore this.

Why would you download on a device that has no torrent protection? Not sure Android has this either...

but the likes of PeerBlock... your IP address is tracked, when it is back online go check out : You Have Downloaded - We show what you downloaded
    09-22-12 05:46 AM
    None of torrent apps worked on my playbook even converted from apk to bar then sideloaded.....but alas nothing worked......app cannot even open up..
    08-27-13 03:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD