Hi All!!

Is there a way to figure out the birthday of my Playbook? Or atleast the year??

Thanks!!
    05-01-13 10:03 PM
    You saw it in half and count the rings?

No?

Oh
    johnierw, FF22, imcurved and 3 others like this.
    05-01-13 10:05 PM
    You saw it in half and count the rings?

No?

Oh
    You might like this site is discovered today:

6 of America's Coolest Trees - Explore

It has nothing to do with pb but with trees. I've been to the Bristlecone Pine forest - astounding old trees. I've also seen the General Sherman - wow
    sad_old_man and johnierw like this.
    05-01-13 11:30 PM
    The box has the manufacturing or possibly the packing date. It is dd/mm/yy format.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-01-13 11:31 PM
    The box has the manufacturing or possibly the packing date. It is dd/mm/yy format.
    I always count the rings on the box! After all its only a recycled tree!!!!!
    05-02-13 09:03 AM
    It has nothing to do with pb but with trees. I've been to the Bristlecone Pine forest - astounding old trees. I've also seen the General Sherman - wow
    The General Sherman is a big old monster, bark all wrinkly and wide enough for a giant octopus to put its arms round. Sequioas and redwoods live for over 2000 years I think. Bristlecones live even longer... there's a grove of seriously old (>4000 years) somewhere in the Sierras. Makes our SOM look rather young

As for the PB, the date of manufacture is on the box.
    05-02-13 10:38 AM
    Thanks I got mine second hand, through a pawn dealer so no retail box
    05-02-13 12:39 PM
    That is the problem when you are not celebrating birthday... you will lose the count...

Posted via Z10
    05-02-13 12:56 PM
    Oh I lost count years ago!
    That is the problem when you are not celebrating birthday... you will lose the count...

Posted via Z10
    05-02-13 05:08 PM
    yes, you take a coin and mark one side as 2011, the other 2012. flip and see... in the unlikely event that the coin rests only on the edge, your pb is a 2013 model (or 2010, but either way remarkable)
    CygnusX-1 likes this.
    05-02-13 05:18 PM
    The General Sherman is a big old monster, bark all wrinkly and wide enough for a giant octopus to put its arms round. Sequioas and redwoods live for over 2000 years I think. Bristlecones live even longer... there's a grove of seriously old (>4000 years) somewhere in the Sierras. Makes our SOM look rather young

As for the PB, the date of manufacture is on the box.
    "Gnarled and mangled, the Methuselah pine tree stands as the oldest living thing in the world. This tree has seen it all, and its twisted branches hold stories over 4,800 years old. No wonder it was named after the oldest person in the Hebrew Bible! "

My bark is worse than my bite but it is seriously wrinkly and I'm also quite wide!!!!!!!

I hiked through the Bristlecone Grove - seriously, those old trees did much better than I at 10,000 feet. The next day I hike White Mt which is over 14,000 feet.
    05-02-13 06:54 PM
    You might like this site is discovered today:

6 of America's Coolest Trees - Explore

any idea who got the broken branch & what they made w/ it??? betcha that lumber went for some serious cash...
    05-02-13 08:56 PM