After talking to the nice man at bb I got my four playbooks working really nice. I noticed a connection on the bottom for a HDMI to the telly but how do I connect it up thanks.
    06-04-13 08:13 AM
    The socket on the PB is a micro-hdmi connection and if your tv has hdmi, you need a cable with the micro at one end and a normal at the other. For instance:

Amazon.com: hdmi to micro-hdmi: Electronics
    06-04-13 08:20 AM
    The socket on the PB is a micro-hdmi connection and if your tv has hdmi, you need a cable with the micro at one end and a normal at the other. For instance:

Amazon.com: hdmi to micro-hdmi: Electronics
    None of the cables in the box fit it I've tried them all.
    06-04-13 08:23 AM
    None of the cables in the box fit it I've tried them all.
    the micro hdmi to hdmi dosnt come in the box its sold seperately
    06-04-13 08:24 AM
    the micro hdmi to hdmi dosnt come in the box its sold seperately
    Right I'll go to the shop and get an hdmi cable
    06-04-13 08:27 AM
    Thanks by the way
    06-04-13 08:28 AM
    It is country specific
    Can't connect to telly, only TV is allowed
    06-04-13 08:30 AM
    Lol

Z10 Rocking 10.1.0.2354!
    06-04-13 08:32 AM
    Make sure you buy the proper hdmi to micro hdmi connector.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 09:35 AM
    Ok I can take a joke like the rest of you and after looking stupid in front of the man in the shop by asking him for a country specific hdmi wire, when he stopped laughing he gave me one. It's fits my playbook at one end but the other end is too small for my telly. So now you've had a laugh at my expense twice what do I need to get for it.
    06-04-13 10:41 AM
    So now you've had a laugh at my expense twice what do I need to get for it.
    Micro HDMI male on one end. (this ends connects in your PB)
    Regular HDMI male on the other end. (this end connects to "insert whatever media playing device")

Like this

Or connect this to your PB and use an HDMI cable you already have.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-04-13 10:51 AM
    Ok I can take a joke like the rest of you and after looking stupid in front of the man in the shop by asking him for a country specific hdmi wire, when he stopped laughing he gave me one. It's fits my playbook at one end but the other end is too small for my telly. So now you've had a laugh at my expense twice what do I need to get for it.
    like the prior post said, you need micro-hdmi on one end,,, standard hdmi on the other,,, micro plugs into playbook,,, standard into the tv,,, just exchange the one you have for the correct one,,, i recommend @ least a 10' (3m),,, 12'(4m) is better if you plan on playing playbook games via hdmi...
    06-04-13 10:53 AM
    Regular HDMI male on the other end. (this end connects to "insert whatever media playing device")
    I'm not going to set the man off laughing again when I go back to the shop am i. If he does I will tell my big brother of this.
    06-04-13 10:55 AM
    I'm not going to set the man off laughing again when I go back to the shop am i.
    Depends... Will you wear the same outfit as in your avatar?
    Carl Estes likes this.
    06-04-13 10:58 AM
    I'm not going to set the man off laughing again when I go back to the shop am i. If he does I will tell my big brother of this.
    just tell him what you're trying to do,,, if he's anywhere near competent, he should give you the correct cable...
    06-04-13 10:58 AM
    Bring a picture of what I posted. The small (micro) goes into the pb. The NORMAL, larger end should go into a tv or telly. Also be careful to orient them correctly. Do NOT force.
    06-04-13 10:59 AM

Like this

Or connect this to your PB and use an HDMI cable you already have.
    http://img.diytrade.com/cdimg/114516...MI_adapter.jpg
    I purchased a few of those when ordering my last micro-regular cable just to carry around if I was visiting someone else.
    06-04-13 11:04 AM
    Shop Crackberry

How do I connect my playbook to my telly-img_00000134.png

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    06-04-13 11:06 AM
    This thread may possibly be a troll thread. FYI
    06-04-13 11:09 AM
    Just a word on HDMI cables, don't be talked into buying a 'Monster Hi-Bandwidth, Platinum Plated Super-Dupa' HDMI cable for 50 quid (or even more!). You shouldn't need to pay more than a fiver. I bought mine on eBay for �2.50 (I think) including postage, and it works fine.

eg:
    DO NOT buy this one:
    KIMBER HD29 HDMI cable : Kimber's HD29 HDMI cable is the top of...
    06-04-13 11:14 AM
    I got one at last and it works. Thank you all, well not all but you know who I mean!
    06-04-13 11:46 AM
    Make sure they did not sell you a micro hdmi to usb although this will work, but over usb it'd not best quality, but if all you have is usb ports on the telly then use it.

You want a hdmi to micro hdmi cable once you have this then you can plug the bigger hdmi end into the hdmi port on telly and the other end into the phone, then on your telly remote you will need to choose the right source example: hdmi 1, hdmi 2 video or whatever the setting is for the cable port being used.

Then play your video on the phone and watch it over hdmi.
    Last edited by xamdam; 06-04-13 at 12:02 PM.
    06-04-13 11:47 AM
    Make sure they did not sell you a micro hdmi to usb although this will work, but over usb it'd not best quality, but if all you have is usb ports on the telly then use it.

You want a hdmi to micro hdmi cable once you have this then you can plug the bigger hdmi end into the hdmi port on telly and the other end into the phone, then on your telly remote you will need to choose the right source example: hdmi 1, hdmi 2 video or whatever the setting is for the cable port being used.

Then play your video on the phone and watch it over hdmi.
    I'm connecting my playbook not. You phone. It won't do that
    06-04-13 12:15 PM
    Now that you've gotten hdmi out to work, it's time to learn about presentation mode, which works with, at least, Videos, Pictures and Docs to Go {for powerpoint presentations}. This allows you to output video though hdmi while doing something else on your PB- surfing the web, say. So, in videos, while watching a vid, tap the screen to bring up the player controls, and then tap the icon in the top right corner, This will put you in presentation mode. You can now minimize the Video app and do something else on your PB, and the video will continue to stream to your telly.
    blaze_125 likes this.
    06-04-13 01:13 PM
    Now that you've gotten hdmi out to work, it's time to learn about presentation mode, which works with, at least, Videos, Pictures and Docs to Go {for powerpoint presentations}. This allows you to output video though hdmi while doing something else on your PB- surfing the web, say. So, in videos, while watching a vid, tap the screen to bring up the player controls, and then tap the icon in the top right corner, This will put you in presentation mode. You can now minimize the Video app and do something else on your PB, and the video will continue to stream to your telly.
    Not so fast there sailor. I've only had them a day. They are good though and far better than my kindle. I must have watched that bb turtle swimming around a hundred times on my telly its great. I've also took some piktures of my garden with one of them and I'm going to put them on the telly. I love it.
    eddy_berry likes this.
    06-04-13 01:32 PM
39 12