Gets kinda frustrated being limited by mobile site content. is there a work around to the playbook being recognized as a mobile device besides searching for the full site link?
    Some of these sites dont have this link.
    Last edited by HIJINX_UNREAL; 10-27-11 at 02:32 AM.
    10-27-11 02:29 AM
    Are you OS 1.0.7 or 2.0 beta ?
    10-27-11 06:20 AM
    Bridge Browser or Internet Browser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-11 07:08 AM
    There is no way to avoid the mobile sites if the web page fails to recognize the PlayBook. Some sites that have been a problem now show the full site. If you post the sites giving you a problem, users here may be able to provide a url to the full site that works on the PlayBook.

For example, the CNBC web site went to mobile, but a user posted classic.cnbc.com as the URL to get past the mobile site. As of a few months back the regular CNBC site now comes up from the PlayBook, so CNBC must have fixed the problem.
    HIJINX_UNREAL likes this.
    10-27-11 07:17 AM
    There's a thread in the Apps subforum with a title something to the effect of "Two apps, rim does not want you to have"

The programmer has created a separate browser where you can fudge the "user agent" which is what the browser reports to the site. You can act like Firefox, InternetExplorer, Chrome and others. It does not fool all sites but can help. You do have to sideload it - since rim will not approve it.

I just checked my credit union and changing the useragent showed me different pages each time I logged on.

The browser does not have some of the features of the native browser
    10-27-11 11:08 AM
    what website??
    10-27-11 11:47 AM
    Are you OS 1.0.7 or 2.0 beta ?
    I'm still running 1.0.7
    10-27-11 11:36 PM
    Bridge Browser or Internet Browser.

Either browser actually takes me to some mobile sites directly... i dont have a list, but it happens from time to time...
    10-27-11 11:38 PM
    MSNBC is one of the sites that goes to a mobile site each time. I use the PB with OS 1.07. There is a link at the bottom of the MSNBC page that takes you to the full site but there seems to be no way to save that link as the the list of bookmarks.

10-27-11 11:44 PM
    There is no way to avoid the mobile sites if the web page fails to recognize the PlayBook. Some sites that have been a problem now show the full site. If you post the sites giving you a problem, users here may be able to provide a url to the full site that works on the PlayBook.

For example, the CNBC web site went to mobile, but a user posted classic.cnbc.com as the URL to get past the mobile site. As of a few months back the regular CNBC site now comes up from the PlayBook, so CNBC must have fixed the problem.
    I'm going to start making a list from now on....
    10-27-11 11:45 PM
    There's a thread in the Apps subforum with a title something to the effect of "Two apps, rim does not want you to have"

The programmer has created a separate browser where you can fudge the "user agent" which is what the browser reports to the site. You can act like Firefox, InternetExplorer, Chrome and others. It does not fool all sites but can help. You do have to sideload it - since rim will not approve it.

I just checked my credit union and changing the useragent showed me different pages each time I logged on.

The browser does not have some of the features of the native browser
    I'm gonna check it out, it's gr8 to have alternatives
    10-27-11 11:51 PM
    i actually want it to default to mobile sites with the bridge browser, is that possible?
    12-27-11 02:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD