Hey all,
    Probably super simple but anyone tell me how to create a bookmark withe the logo/picture of the site?
    I've saved the bookmarks & thought I had saved a pic as well but each time I close browser & reopen it's back to a globe with swooshing arrow lol.

Cheers
    Col
    04-19-13 12:50 PM
    I expanded the title a bit to help draw in the help.
    04-19-13 12:58 PM
    It probably depends on whether the page you're trying to mark is built with javascript or some such. I know that I have a number of bookmarks that contain the picture (I actually zoom into an area of the page to highlight a graphic element that helps to clarify what the bookmark does) but that doesn't work for every site, when I get that default globe icon.
    04-19-13 05:45 PM
    This can happen when you have Private Browsing activated. With Private Browsing on, when you try and create a new bookmarked image it will only remain until you close the Browser. Re-opening it will only give the grey arrow and globe along with the name of the Site.

The icons will also revert to the grey arrow and globe if you go to Setting, Privacy and Security, and select Clear Settings. The Sites names will still remain but the latest image that was saved, or those that always update like Bing does, will disappear upon exit from the Browser. I guess it expects you still want the website link saved but not any indication of when or what you looked at when you bookmarked it.

If you turn Private Browsing off when you save the links they will remain. You can re-size the images and/or scroll around to choose where on the web page you want the icon image to be created from and then re-activate Private Browsing. They'll (mostly all) stay after that.

One more thing, icons saved in Landscape often will not appear in Portrait. I guess just turning the Playbook is enough for the Private Browsing setting to be affected.
    04-20-13 11:40 AM