Guess I just never paid close enough attention. The time on the PlayBook says 12:25. We typically (and yes, I went and looked at the main page of each phone) see 12:21 on every device, including the Style just announced. So, why the difference? What does it mean? Does it mean anything?
    10-20-10 12:44 AM
    it means nothing
    10-20-10 01:03 AM
    I doubt it has any real significance, but I imagine that's just to differentiate between their smartphones and their tablet.

Whether these times have any significance internally is anyone's guess, but I'm not giving it too much thought.
    10-20-10 01:07 AM
    The 12:21 in the device screens refers to the end of the world as predicted by RIM

And of course

The 12:25 on the playbook is subliminal messaging saying that you should get one for Christmas! (or released on Christmas)

/sigh... I got nothing.
    10-20-10 06:33 AM
    I love skeptical people.
    10-20-10 06:47 AM
    it means nothing
    This would be a correct assessment. ^
    10-20-10 07:20 AM
    I can't imagine it has any significance at all.

Maybe the photographer had his thumb in front of the lens at 12:21. By the time he noticed it and set the shot up again, it was 12:25.
    10-20-10 07:40 AM
    some people have too much time on their hands
    10-20-10 07:41 AM
    The 12:21 in the device screens refers to the end of the world as predicted by RIM

And of course

The 12:25 on the playbook is subliminal messaging saying that you should get one for Christmas! (or released on Christmas)

/sigh... I got nothing.
    At least SOMEONE has some imagination!
    10-20-10 11:08 AM
    Photo shoot was running 4 minutes later than scheduled...
    10-20-10 11:26 AM
    with vaporware you can make it do or show anything
    Last edited by crazy canuck; 10-20-10 at 12:01 PM. Reason: typo
    10-20-10 12:00 PM

I hope this is true, I want one for Christmas!
    10-21-10 03:05 PM

It would definitely give RIM an advantage against the upcoming onslaught of tablet/pad devices. BUT it should ONLY be released IF its ready.

No software bugs, no patches immediately needed. Basically ready for the head to head comparisons and battles against- iPad, Dell, Droid Pad, Galaxy, and all other manfacturers
    10-21-10 03:58 PM
    with vaporware you can make it do or show anything
    so what makes you think its vaporware?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-10 04:26 PM

now that's hopeful! i want one for Christmas too
    10-21-10 08:58 PM
    so what makes you think its vaporware?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    it is vaporware...you see it out and available for reviews to look at?
    10-21-10 09:01 PM
    it is vaporware...you see it out and available for reviews to look at?
    Vaporware is something that has been announced but doesn't actually exist yet. Something which exists, even if it's in working prototype form, isn't vaporware. The PlayBook hardware definitely exists in final or near final form, the issue is mostly with the OS not being ready. I of course can't prove that the hardware exists, but living in Waterloo I know people at RIM, and they've seen it. As I've said in other threads, a friend who works there on a different team has seen it hooked up to signal generators, likely as a part of WiFi driver development. Given that we've seen the demo units at Devcon this really isn't surprising. I bet the demo units playing video were just MPlayer launched from the terminal or something, as the OS UI isn't ready. None of the Playbook hardware is exotic, it's all off the shelf components, putting together a prototype would not be that hard. The only think you could accuse of being vaporware is the QNX UI, but I'm quite sure RIM is working on it (they said they've been working with QNX for the past year, they're at the UI by now).
    10-22-10 12:47 AM
    It's so Obvious...This is a reference to Luke 12:25 and Retort to all those who have been predicting the demise of Rim and their eventual destiny of being acquired by a larger more successful brand, eg Nokia:

Mark 12:25: When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.
    10-22-10 07:15 PM
    It's so Obvious...This is a reference to Luke 12:25 and Retort to all those who have been predicting the demise of Rim and their eventual destiny of being acquired by a larger more successful brand, eg Nokia:

Mark 12:25: When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.
    Well, is it Mark or Luke? And why are they against Zombie marriage?
    10-22-10 07:35 PM
    Matthew 5:5
    10-22-10 08:28 PM
    Definitely Mark. Luke is about worrying, which applies only to those of us freaking out about getting the 9780, PlayBook, Dakota, etc. :P

As for zombies, no one ever does a sermon about all the dead people that got up after Jesus' death and resurrection. Clear as day in Matthew 27:53.

As for RIM's intent with 12:25... Highly doubt a release date. But I think it's something fun on the inside of Waterloo... Wish they'd let us in on the secret.
    10-23-10 12:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD