Hey guys,

How do you delete side loaded android apps?
    10-19-12 06:26 AM
    Keep your finger on the app, a bin icon will then appear.
    abhibharti likes this.
    10-19-12 06:29 AM
    press and hold the app you wish to delete. then hit the little trash bin icon when it shows up
    abhibharti likes this.
    10-19-12 06:38 AM
    naw...there's still bad filles rooted in the file system... I tried using Files and Folders app to go delete an andriod folder, and it froze up the files and folders app when I tried opening the android folder
    abhibharti and diegonei like this.
    10-19-12 06:51 AM
    Hmm I think PB doesn't delete all the files completely. It leaves behind traces of files. That's why I asked this question Anyway thanks all
    Tha.Housewife likes this.
    10-19-12 06:59 AM
    If you used DDPB to install, use DDPB to uninstall. not sure but it seems to do a better job of removing files.
    Tha.Housewife and playbookpa like this.
    10-19-12 07:30 AM
    Hmm I think PB doesn't delete all the files completely. It leaves behind traces of files. That's why I asked this question Anyway thanks all
    And even using DDPB own uninstall button, I've found some sideloaded apps keep docs and settings, even after a complete cycle of: Install - Use - Uninstall - Instal upgraded version...

Don't know for sure, maybe Android apps are not all "clean", exactly as in Windows, not all apps are really portable and stealth?

Edit: posted at the same time as djenkins6 above, totally agree, seemed logical for me too to use the same system for installation and installation. How the PB OS could know what a sideloaded apps created while being installed and used, after all?
    10-19-12 07:34 AM
    dude...how can RIM or devs fix this issue... this is a majorrrr problem. I think android devs are out to get us...lol..maybe they are or maybe its just a simple solution...WRITE A DAMN APP THAT'S MADE FOR QNX PLAYBOOKS!!!!!
    10-19-12 07:45 AM
    And even using DDPB own uninstall button, I've found some sideloaded apps keep docs and settings, even after a complete cycle of: Install - Use - Uninstall - Instal upgraded version...

Don't know for sure, maybe Android apps are not all "clean", exactly as in Windows, not all apps are really portable and stealth?

Edit: posted at the same time as djenkins6 above, totally agree, seemed logical for me too to use the same system for installation and installation. How the PB OS could know what a sideloaded apps created while being installed and used, after all?
    mannn... see this is the whole reason I love blackberry... they make sure things work or if there is a bug they can fix it. but now, they've let anyone and everyone send in apps.... how many do they actually test throughly. I think they should stamp android apps witj a android label so we knlw what were downloading in appworld...cquse its not just side loaded apps... also someone needs to contact goodereader.com...that's where I got a bunch of my apps.
    10-19-12 07:49 AM
    I dow loaded the crackberry forums app from qpp world, using it now...but even this is an android style app...wtf!!!!? I have to delete my crackberry forum app now.....dahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
    10-19-12 07:52 AM
    I dow loaded the crackberry forums app from qpp world, using it now...but even this is an android style app...wtf!!!!? I have to delete my crackberry forum app now.....dahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
    scratch that...its been optimized for pb. I can tell cause if u follow the link to open in web browser it takes u to a droid broswer but then pull down the top and there's an open in playbook browser option... I trust cb so this one stays lol
    10-19-12 07:54 AM
    also if using an android app, u can't just close it like a playbook app.....make sure to "exit" the program or it could still run in the background.
    10-19-12 07:56 AM
    dude...how can RIM or devs fix this issue... this is a majorrrr problem. I think android devs are out to get us...lol..maybe they are or maybe its just a simple solution...WRITE A DAMN APP THAT'S MADE FOR QNX PLAYBOOKS!!!!!
    As far as I know, side loaded apps aren't supported by RIM, so there is nothing to fix. You use them at your own risk.

I don't think it matters what you use to remove the app. If you use the pb or even the Chrome Add-on, I believe the results will be the same. Some apps delete clean, and others leave files behind. Some even keep notifying you after they are removed.
    10-19-12 07:59 AM
    Something just happend. Im sitting here going thru n testing my apps....and deleteing buggy ones (android player apps)... And crazy... I open an android app and i get a black screen now..hooorahhhh...i stopped the android player from launching...somehow, lol.

Also.. If u go to pb settings>security>aplication permissions theres a list of apps that are pb apps ...select one to go in and chnge to prompt... Just as security precaution. But if u have an android app, they wont show up on that list...yet again. Screwed.
    10-19-12 08:09 AM
    annnd my pb froze up... ran to my desktop to plug in to desktop software backing stuff up just in case, than i will do a repair.
    10-19-12 08:20 AM
    scratch that...its been optimized for pb. I can tell cause if u follow the link to open in web browser it takes u to a droid broswer but then pull down the top and there's an open in playbook browser option... I trust cb so this one stays lol
    That means nothing. That option in android Browser is there for everything. Android Browser is its own app that has nothing to do with the CB Forums app.
    10-19-12 08:41 AM
    i know.. im just saying this particular one has actual playbook links in it,. other appps..i dunno.. i dont like things i dont understand
    10-19-12 09:02 AM
    Either use DDPB to uninstall or download Ghost Commander from app world and delete side loaded apps with that.
    10-19-12 09:08 AM
    i hate ghost...i will use files and folders before ghost commander, blah
    10-19-12 09:11 AM
    Ok,

Option 1. Either use DDPB or the Chrome plugin to cleanly uninstall the app. The icon may be there upon restart but simply delete by finger press on screen.

Option 2. Finger press the app on screen & select delete. Open ES File Explorer (which needs sideloading) and go to App Manager. Find the app you wish to get rid of & uninstall from 'android'. To rid yourself of the folders use any file explorer (bar the stock one) to locate excess files & folders in the android folder. Select, delete & gone. Xplore is good for this, but so is Air Browser.

As i've said in another thread Android apps leaving other files & folders is exactly the same protocol as occurs on native Android phones & tabs.
    10-19-12 09:13 AM
    did that.. im now backing up my files.. then i will reboot pb, and either"update" or "repair" what ever is promted in the desktop..

Trust.. i wennnt through helllll on oct 3rd. I had OS2.0.5?? in july upgrades to OS2.1.084 Beta ( then when i went from that jump i totally missed an OS2.0.668 which was a major bug fix)... so upgrading to 2.1 beata to 2.1 official really screwed up files.. so i did a few factory wipes that day.was but a few friends online taught me about the "repair" option
    10-19-12 09:19 AM
    i know.. im just saying this particular one has actual playbook links in it,. other appps..i dunno.. i dont like things i dont understand
    Any android app- from app world, sideloaded, optimized or not, that launches android Browser when you click on a link, will have that "show in PB Browser" option. The android Browser is part on the PB's android runtime and can be launched by clicking a link in an an android app or launched independently. That "show in PB browser" option is part of the android Browser and has nothing to do with the app that launches it.
    10-19-12 09:37 AM
    Is it just android side loaded files with the issue, I use the chrome add in to remove but didn't realise android itself is messy.

Regards

Damian
    10-19-12 09:44 AM
    Housewife, I agree with the Ghost Commander thing. It's rubbish. Deleted it within 5 minutes. Btw, that you in your avatar?
    10-19-12 10:03 AM
    Housewife, I agree with the Ghost Commander thing. It's rubbish. Deleted it within 5 minutes. Btw, that you in your avatar?
    Huh? Are you kidding me? It's probably the best file browser available for the PB,. with the possible exception of X-Plore for some purposes.
    adi_vastava likes this.
    10-19-12 10:10 AM
35 12